Cathe step tapes - speed

fit_4_forty

I have been doing IMAX lately, and feel that the pace is a good one for me. One day I tried Body Max, and it felt so fast. I am interested in trying some of her other tapes, like CTX or Rhythmic Step, but am afraid that if they are paced more like Body Max, I won't like them. I'd appreciate input from anyone who has these tapes - have you noticed a difference?

Thanks,
Rhonda

Yeah, unfortunately, I think several of Cathe's tapes are actually either on the boderline or have crossed the line of being safe due to the beats per second. (I may be wrong on that, so please don't attack me.)
I recently got the classics DVD, which containes Step Heat, Step Jam and Step Max. The few segments I've tried have seemed slower and safer than most of Cathe's stuff. Power Max is another that I recall being slower. Body Max is one of her fastest, along with the CTX step workouts.
Lower your step height or eliminate it entirely to avoid injury using these faster tapes.

BMax is fast! But after awhile you'll get used to the pace. It's funny because you get used to her style and when you go back to other step tapes everything seems sooooooooo slow and dull.:+

I agree R Lam. I am a major choreo klutz but I have zippo problem with Cathe's style/speed. You do get used to it. It's not for everyone but I've been doing her tapes for many years and have never had any problems and I'm over 40.

I am glad that I have read this post or else I wouldn't of known about Step Works (I already knew about Body Max)- thanks Rhonda for posting this :)

Anna :)

I have not tried many of Cathe's older cardios but in my opinion Rythmic Step and CTX are not the same speed as BodyMax. BodyMax is the fastest one I have tried. RS is actually kinda slow in comparison to Body Max. Wow, you should really try both of those. They are great tapes..

Janice

>Yeah, unfortunately, I think several of Cathe's tapes are
>actually either on the boderline or have crossed the line of
>being safe due to the beats per second. (I may be wrong on
>that, so please don't attack me.)

No attack here--I agree with you!

Thanks for all the good info everyone - I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the speed of BodyMax. I do like Cathe's step tapes the more I do them, so it's good to know that Rhythmic Step and CTX are future possibilities.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.