Cathe/SNM, Would You Consider An On-Screen Timer?

Soosan

Cathlete
I love the timers at the bottom of the screen on P90X and Gin Miller's Intense Moves. Is this something you would consider having for the next series?

Oh, man. If there was a way to make the timer optional that would be ideal for me. Clock watching absolutely *kills* my motivation. I'd have to put duct tape over that part of the screen if I couldn't make the timer go away.

Because of premixes you can't do this. Remember a premix is just a computer script that tells your player what segment from the main program to play next. If you had a timer on the main program it would be played out of order everytime you played a premix and would be confusing.

Not sure if you're aware but nearly all DVD players have a "Display" feature that will show either how much time has elasped or how much time you have left on your tv screen.

I like the timers at the bottom of the screen, too. With my Cathe DVDs I already use the display feature but the problem I have is the display fills up the whole screen! Our old dvd player had a nice unobtrusive corner display but it died. When we were shopping for new dvd players I even asked about the display feature and the sales clerk looked at me like I was nuts.:7 (No - not nuts - just a woman who loves her workout dvds! ;-)) It wasn't plugged in so I couldn't test it either so I took a gamble and bought it so now Cathe and crew are covered with numbers. :eek:

What you said about premixes and not being able to display the timer correctly makes sense and if I had to choose one over the other, premixes wins hands down. However, if there's ever an opportunity in the future to add the timer feature (maybe with a change in dvd technology or software) I'd love to see the timer feature - optional though of course for those who don't like it.

Sue

Thanks so much for the response. I, too, would much rather have premixes than a timer.

A-Jock and Fiona, hello back! (I guess you're out of jail, Fiona. What's this, your 24th time this year?:))

Much to my distress, Rocky still pines away night after night for his beloved Fiona and continues to wear the tattered poncho she knitted for him last year, even though it's 105 degrees and he has fur.

Sooooooooooooosan . . . Fiona "came out" this week, and now she's got a little albino squirrel named Trixie sending her text messages on her Paw Pilot. Hope Rocky isn't too shook up about that.

A-Jock

No timer, please. I find myself avoiding the Beachbody stuff for that reason and I will never buy anymore of them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.