Cathe.....she loves me, she loves me not...

Worknprogress

Cathlete
I am in the midst of STS Meso 2. Meso 1 was "doable" - loved the variety, a bit of DOMS, progressing along as expected - so I surmise, Cathe LOVES ME!!!

I get to the first week of Meso 2. Workout #1 - love, love, love it. Yes, arms and chest are fried by the end of the workout but I feel so strong after all of those bench presses. Yes - she LOVES ME!!!

24 hours later - OH MY GOSH - what the heck is happening?????? Just a slight touch to my chest and I cringe in pain. Can barely make my kids' lunches, can barely brush my teeth or my hair! This goes on for 2 days before I can move my arms with little discomfort!!! YIKES - she hates me!!

Then I get to the first Meso 2 legs workout. Again, I love the workout. Have to use a squat rack in this cycle since my barbell is close to 80 pounds. Again, I am feeling strong and just forging through like a warrior. Another great muscle shakin' at the end workout - she LOVES ME!

24 hours later - I am creeping along at the speed of a snail. Longer strides are just about crippling - she HATES ME!

And so it continues, this love/hate relationship she has with me....until....a couple of weeks into this cycle my 55-pound son has fallen asleep on the couch and I carry him upstairs to bed without much effort! The next day I go running and I cannot believe how strong my legs feel. I ran an hour and felt I could physically run forever! I cannot believe the gains I have made in 6 weeks......

SHE LOVES ME!!!!

I now how you feel!!! I am in the middle of 6 months, and right in the middle of M2. I did the 3 month last spring, and it was not this tough. M1 kicked my booty last spring, but not so much this time. However, M2 is taking its revenge now :p On the other hand, I look good, and I can tell I am stronger and faster - at least on those days when I can move :D The after chest days (ahem, today) are the worst. I am ok now, but I suspect by the time afternoon rolls around I will be feelin' in, and if history has anything to say, it'll last hard and heavy until Weds, let up on Thurs, and begone on Fri.

Yet we love her - what does that say about us :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Nan

OMG! I just started STS for the first time! I'm in M1W1 and now I'm terrified of what's coming! Like you, I have some minor DOMS in my arms and chest, but nothing serious. I think it's going great and my 1 RM is right on! At least with the 6 1/2 month rotation, I have a while before I get to the "ARGH" phase!

LOL!! I felt that way in M1W1...i could barely lift my arms to do anything that week and forget about trying to walk down the stairs! I start M2W1 next Monday so now I am scared :eek:

OMG! I just started STS for the first time! I'm in M1W1 and now I'm terrified of what's coming! Like you, I have some minor DOMS in my arms and chest, but nothing serious. I think it's going great and my 1 RM is right on! At least with the 6 1/2 month rotation, I have a while before I get to the "ARGH" phase!

Girl, I hate to break it to ya, but those M1 legs are evil, evil workouts. I suggest you hit the store and get some Advil before you start. You're not going to be able to get out of the car to get to the store ;) But it pays off, big time!

Nan

I have decided to slow down the program. My intention was to do the 3 1/2 month rotation but just feel during Meso 2 that my body would benefit more from taking this stage slower. So I did week 1 and then repeated it just like the 6 1/2 month program. I will finish out STS this way.

By the way Nan - today is another one of those "chest" days!!! Also, no other weight workout has given me much DOMS in my shoulders until Meso 2!

Hey Debbie,

I know that feeling ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so well as I am to doing Mesco 2 and boy of boy I could not touch my chest even while I was sleeping I could feel it :D... forget the legs using the bathroom was such a challenge sit and getting up :eek:

Therese

I am in the midst of STS Meso 2. Meso 1 was "doable" - loved the variety, a bit of DOMS, progressing along as expected - so I surmise, Cathe LOVES ME!!!

I get to the first week of Meso 2. Workout #1 - love, love, love it. Yes, arms and chest are fried by the end of the workout but I feel so strong after all of those bench presses. Yes - she LOVES ME!!!

24 hours later - OH MY GOSH - what the heck is happening?????? Just a slight touch to my chest and I cringe in pain. Can barely make my kids' lunches, can barely brush my teeth or my hair! This goes on for 2 days before I can move my arms with little discomfort!!! YIKES - she hates me!!

Then I get to the first Meso 2 legs workout. Again, I love the workout. Have to use a squat rack in this cycle since my barbell is close to 80 pounds. Again, I am feeling strong and just forging through like a warrior. Another great muscle shakin' at the end workout - she LOVES ME!

24 hours later - I am creeping along at the speed of a snail. Longer strides are just about crippling - she HATES ME!

And so it continues, this love/hate relationship she has with me....until....a couple of weeks into this cycle my 55-pound son has fallen asleep on the couch and I carry him upstairs to bed without much effort! The next day I go running and I cannot believe how strong my legs feel. I ran an hour and felt I could physically run forever! I cannot believe the gains I have made in 6 weeks......

SHE LOVES ME!!!!

Okay, I've been on the fence about whether or not to ask for STS for Christmas b/c I only have her full body workouts. You have me sold. Should I get gym styles or another set before attempting this, or if I do ME and SS I can start STS and be okay?

Hopefully others can chime in here but my thoughts are that STS is a "progressive" weight workout. You don't need any prep, in my opinion, other than doing the 1 RM's. I do think those are extremely important for this workout series.

I have just about everything Cathe has put out but this program done as she has designed it, either 3 1/2 or 6 1/2 months, is completely different than ANY other weight workout out there.

I am actually already looking ahead to doing her previous weight workouts once I am finished with STS. For instance, one of my favs is PUB and I can't wait to do it again when I am done and see the progression I have made in strength.

For me, that was a major goal in doing STS. I am an "older" mom of two younger boys. My older two don't require much physically from me but I have two boys ages 5 and 4 that require their 47-year old mom to be in good shape.

Now I anxiously await STS cardio. If it is half as good as STS weights - I will be in 7th heaven!

I just don't think you can go wrong with STS!

I am in the process of doing my 1 rms now and plan on starting STS in December for the first time. Thanks guys for the heads up on the major leg and chest DOMS. I am skeered and excited both!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.