Cathe Quoted on CNN.com

sherry916

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I was pleasantly surprised to read this article and see your name as one of the health and fitness experts quoted in this article on CNN.

http://us.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/01/tips.health.trainers/index.html

Your idea for using a stability ball at work is an excellent suggestion. I've been using one for about 6 months and I love it. It's definitely helped me maintain better posture (I'm a huge sloucher) and it certainly helps keep my core firing all day. I usually switch the ball with my chair every few hours. My co-workers thought sitting on a huge inflatable ball was a little odd at first, but they are used to it now.

Happy New Year :)

i keep a stability ball for a chair in my office too!

thanks for the link! nice to "see" cathe get a nod!

Nice to see Cathe recognized. She is so knowledgeable in all these things. I may try the stability ball while I am at my computer at home!!!

Thanks for the link
ellie

Sherry,
I see you're addressing this to Cathe.
She doesn't necessarily check out OD all the time.
You might want to post in "Ask Cathe" to make sure she sees it (I know it's not a question, but not all posts are). ;)

Thanks for the heads up!

Hi Sherry! Thanks so much for letting me know. I did this a few weeks ago and they said they would let me know when they released it but I still haven't heard anything from them directly, so again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Happy 09' :)

Hi Cathe,

I was pleasantly surprised to read this article and see your name as one of the health and fitness experts quoted in this article on CNN.

Your idea for using a stability ball at work is an excellent suggestion. I've been using one for about 6 months and I love it. It's definitely helped me maintain better posture (I'm a huge sloucher) and it certainly helps keep my core firing all day. I usually switch the ball with my chair every few hours. My co-workers thought sitting on a huge inflatable ball was a little odd at first, but they are used to it now.

Just got back from Shop Rite..I'm barred for life..something about they don't appreciate customers bench pressing the pork and beans...I tried to explain...yeah, but Cathe said...they didn't want to hear it!!!

Thanks alot, Cathe....

:p

Used one for years!

I've used a stability ball as a chair at my office for years. People always comment about it, so I tell them that it keeps me from falling asleep at my desk (because I'd end up on the floor if I did!) ...

And speaking of media attention, there was a picture of Cathe's weighted ball/kettlebell in a recent magazine article (probably Shape; maybe Self ... I'll look for it). You could clearly see Cathe's name on the ball!

Congrats to Cathe!

GREAT IDEA!!!

Hi Cathe,

WOW - what a great idea! I have sucha sedentary job too.
I will have to try that out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.