Cathe puts the Firm to shame...........

Gyggles1

Cathlete
Hello,
Don't get me wrong, I still do like the Firm but holy cow, does Cathe put those to shame.... I thought I was ready to heavy up w/ the Firm, well not w/ Cathe, maybe even lighten them LOL!
I love Cathe though and I am thinking I will definately see some results with her. At least I hope. I have a feeling most of my tapes now will be all Cathe. I had been doing the Firm for 2 yrs.
I guess I will do the Firm on days I just don't have it all in me.
Does anyone else feel like this ? Or have had better results with one over the other ?

I did Circuit Max today (1st time for this one ) and the sweat was pouring off me.
I also have done Step Jump Pump, I could of sworn that used the stab. ball. oh well!
These are tapes I own of Cathe, only 5 but growing fast.
Step Jump & Pump
Circuit Max
Rythmic Step
Step Blast
Cardio Kicks
And I want more, don't know why, so she can kick my booty even more ? LOL!

Ok better run, got some browsing to do =)
Laura =)
251.5/135.2/141

I completely agree with you! I have 17 firm videos at home and don't have any desire to use them anymore (well, maybe 1 - Body Sculpt). Cathe brings it to a completely different level. I never felt like I ever got a really good cardio workout with the firm, but let me tell you, I did Boot Camp this morning and it totally kicked by butt!! I started by buying the Body Blast Timesaver DVD and was hooked, so for Christmas, I got the Intensity Series and my friend got the rest of the Body Blast series and we are sharing them! I had been doing The Firm for almost 2 years and definitely needed to raise the bar. Since doing Cathe's workouts, I've been sore almost everyday so I know I am challenging my muscles in a whole new way. Buying workout videos is certainly addicting.. but what better addiction can you have?

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did the Firm for years, and then FitPrime when Anna sold the company and Good Times desecrated the "old" Firm. I've seen old posts on here praising FitPrime, but I found them boring and weird. I use good form and have very good balance, having had dance training in my younger days, so that's not why I didn't like them (as has been suggested on here before as the reason people didn't like them). I found them strange, and I never "felt" worked out afterwards. Also, the quality of the tapes alone was enough to turn me off. The lighting was horrible, the sound was choppy, and the picture had too many bad splices, which showed up as obvious skips in the picture, some right in the middle of jumps or lunges and such!! POOR editing. And heaven help you if you complained to Anna. You got your head bitten off for your troubles, right on the forum!! I'm not kidding here ... but anyway ... I digress ... I've given away all of my FitPrime tapes, and most of my old Firm tapes, and the few I do have I use as a warmup to Cathe, when I use them at all - which is not often!! But ... I have to say, if not for the FitPrime forum I never would have found Cathe. She had a fairly large and very loyal fanbase who posted on there, and they're the ones who made me curious enough to check out this site. Once I found her, I've never looked back!! I was still doing Weight Watchers when I found Cathe, and I was having good success with the Firm (not with the FitPrime tapes though!! Go figure!! LOL!!), but once I started doing Cathe exclusively, my results just JUMPED up quite a few notches!! I made goal in no time, and lost three sizes in the first three months of doing Cathe!! So, to answer your question ... YES! I definitely saw improved results with Cathe! I continue to make strength and endurance gains using her! I've been able to eat basically anything I want since making my WW goal two months ago (although I am about 90% clean), and I've maintained my weight!! She is the BEST!! You will LOVE the results you get from her workouts!! Best of luck to you!!

Carol
:D

I agree. Cathe's workout are the best by far. I still like doing the Firm sometimes though. It breaks things up a bit plus gives me a workout for the days I need something a little less challenging. I'm just happy to have so many great choices. I never have an excuse not to workout.:)

The DVD chaptering and premixes alone!!! Infact why buy anything else?
Talk about having TOYS to play with!!! These BB DVDs are absolutely awesome! I can't believe how some reviews at other sites complain about the music or whatever...I mean, check out the competition...there is NONE. Then the intensity too...the only FIRM I go back to is the very first one with Susan Harris. That is a really decent workout that still gives me DOMS. I love that FIRM.

I still have that one too! I have all six of the first originals, and that first one with Susan is definitely the best of the bunch, in my humble opinion. I also like the third one, which I believe they've renamed "Aerobic Workout with Weights" or something like that, with Sandahl Bergman. I haven't dusted off those clamshell boxes in a while. I should put a couple of those back into a rotation just for fun!

Carol
:)

I started exercising way back when with the original Firm tapes, so I have to thank them for getting me in shape, but Cathe has raised that level for me tremendously! After I had my second baby in 2001 I was suckered into buying the Firm "fanny lifter" and whatever tapes came with them, and after using them twice I again went back to Cathe and have never looked back. I easily have 30 Firm tapes on my shelf, collecting dust. I don't even consider doing them! I was thinking about donating them to my county library, but have to check first to see if they want or will take so many!

Before Cathe, the one or two shoulder exercises that the Firm would throw in (if at all...there were none in some workouts!) would kill me. Cathe gave me shoulders! I actually know what they look like now and get so many compliments on having "great" shoulders/arms!

I totally agree with everyone, even though I only started doing Firm with BSS1, I plateued and then found Cathe only recently. I started with IMAX/C&W DVD which totally kicked my butt. I remember thinking when I first did IMAX2- can anyone complete this workout, esp after the 9th interval. I just did it this morning and I am so proud to have completed it, although I still struggle through Interval 9. I just got Bootcamp/ME- and I think about how I am going to make it through all of BC.
My shoulders and arms are so much more defined due to Cathe also. I am not looking back at the FIRM either, I can't even do the tapes I have even on a light day.:)

Anyone who knows me, knows I love TheFIRM, esp the Classics and Cross Trainers. I enjoy Cathe's workouts, too.

IMHO, they're two different animals. When I do TheFIRM or Cathe with the heaviest weights I can (I use different for each type of workout.), I feel it. I think they're a great compliment to each other.

I agree with Apryl. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I mostly do Cathe now, but I still do all my old Firms from time to time--I don't have any of the newer Firms--and I'm always suprised how tough they can be when I heavy up.

I agree I love the firms and fitprimes esp for lowerbody.Just a totally different workout.I thought I was to advanced for them and went back to them 6 months ago and had some serious crow to eat:)But I just like variety. mainly I use cathe for upper and use both for cardio I love super cardio mix and the core cardio's by the firm.They do have some lame w/o but most are really good and challanging I think I like that they move around so much not sticking with the same exercise for to long.I like circuit type w/o for legs.

I too agree w/ Apryl! The Firm is what started my weight training in the first place, then Cathe kicked it into higher gear! They truly are a GREAT complement to eachother. THey "hit"your body much differently to give wonderful results!...and provides "change"

I also think the Firm and Cathe compliment each other very well. In general, I prefer the Firm for lower body (though Cathe is catching up!) and Cathe for upper body, so I will often alternate a Cathe upper body workout with a Firm lower body workout. I also really like the way the Firm has integrated weights and cardio, and found ways to make cardio more intense without necessarily being high impact (though different periods of the Firm definitely have a different flavor: there's the "original" period, the "Cross trainer" period--my personal favorite, the "parts frenzy" period, and the Goodtimes period, which we are in now).

I am one that used the Firm also. I do think the first few Firm tapes are the best. I have always felt Cathe's tapes are so much more intense. I enjoy a challenging workout. I think you should try Pyramid lower...and Pyramid upper body. I also got the Slow & Heavy series and it is an awesome workout! Just depends on what you are looking for. The whole Intensity series is a great one also. Cathe does kick butt!...:)...Carole

I bought the Firm, tried them once, then auctioned them off on E-bay. My Cathe DVD's, on the other hand, will be with me for life. I bet you'll love all or most of her workouts. And her workouts just keep getting better. Doesn't mean that her older workouts, ca. mid- to late 1990's, are bad. They are also just as mean -- in a wonderful way.:)

Pinky

Vol. 2 KICKED MY BUTT!

I did Vol. 2 of the Firm the other evening and it KICKED MY BUTT! I did it with the correct form (that Cathe stresses so very well) and I thought I would DIE!

I can easily do any Cathe video and use an 8" step except for IMAX 2 and "Step Blast" -- I do Cathe 97% of the time.

But I regularly do Vol. 6 of the Firm and am always pleasantly sore in my hamstrings and glutes the next day.

It must be the difference in the techniques of the Firm and Cathe.

Some of the Firm is horrible, not doubt. Vol. 2 is torture on another level -- Janet Jones (the glamourous visual feast -- anyone remember that absurd description of her that the Firm used in some of their ads?). I can't stand her as an instructor and the music sickens me. But the workout flat out kicks my butt -- more than "Boot Camp" or any other similar Cathe video.

So days when I want to torture myself, I do Vol. 2 of the Firm. I still wonder why on earth they referred to Janet Jones as a "glamorous visual feast" to a market that is primarily female.

I like some of the Fit Prime series for "light" days.

But I agree -- for the most part, the Firm has lost its edge and there is nobody like Cathe anywhere and there never will be. She is a legend to me!

Hi Apryl!

I agree -- one can't compare the Firm and Cathe.

I am a Cathe convert, but I still do occasional Firms.

You still look great -- I'd post a photo, but I don't know how!

Probably for the best, troll that I am ! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.