cathe- premixes

Another vote here for the premixes ! ! !

I just love them and use them often; probably about 50% premixes 50% Cathe's workout as produced.

I tried the workout blender once when I initially received the BodyBlast series, but have never used it again since Cathe offered us so many premixes, I just found it uneccessary. Plus I have a programmable DVD player and would use that feature rather than the blender.

I really love Cathe's workouts. I too, would miss the premixes for many of the same reasons other people have already mentioned: shorter / longer workouts, doing only certain body parts, getting a more intense or less intense workout, etc.

I love the premixes, but could do without the blender.

:D

Thanks for taking the time to listen to us.

Susan

I very seldom post but am a "faithful lurker" and just wanted to add my two cents about the premixes.

Please consider having some on this series. I have never used the workout blender option so won't miss that if it isn't there. But, I use the premixes all the time and love them.

Also, would just like to add that Cathe workouts are the ones I use 99.9% of the time. They are so versatile, the music is great, I love Cathe's personality, the set is bright and cheerful and all the background exercisers are motivating and fit.

Thanks for considering our opinions.

Annette

Thanks for listening. I guess I just wasn't talking loud enough. I really appreciate everthing you do to make your dvds top notch. You do seem to be the leader. Often times this can cause people to judge you harder and harsher. I have never understood the changing of the bar. I think holding Cathe/SNM to a higher standard on the fitness boards skews the review at times from some. And as a disclaimer, I have nothing against constructive criticism or a balanced review.

That said, I value your workouts and the technology used. I have never had any problems and the layer changes don't bother me. Please count my vote to continue with the great chaptering & premixes. Just for the record I tested the blender (it worked) but don't really use it. I think there is a middle ground that will enable everyone to enjoy and use your workouts.

Thanks for inquiring,
jordan

I agree that the pre-mixes are what makes Cathe's and SNM's dvds the "best in league". I have never used the workout blender option, so probably wouldn't miss that, but I very much value the pre-mixes. I also value the opportunity to weigh in with my opinion, so thanks for that.

Please keep the premixes!!! They add TREMENDOUS value to each DVD. I have personally never used the Workout Blender and wouldn't care if it was eliminated, but I would be really disappointed if the premixes were not included.

Thanks Cathe and SNM for considering our requests.

I love the premixes in the BB and the Intensity Series and I do think the premixes is ONE thing that sets Cathe workouts above the rest but it's not the only thing. Your workouts as is are head and shoulders above many of the other workouts that I have tried so I will be happy either way. BUT if you are taking a vote...I vote to keep at least some premixes and I did LOVE the music louder option!:7 Know that I am one satisfied customer no matter what you decide! Thanks for the best workouts on the market...I will continue to order from Cathe as long as I can and use them for years to come!:7
Angela

Another vote for premixes!!! I have never used the blender but I would really love to see the new series with premixes...

Hi...

Another vote to keep at least the premixes going for the the Hardcore series....also the music louder option has been So Wonderful! I would hate not to have that option on this series...

Rosheen :)

Chris and Cathe,

Please, please, please keep the premixes. They are one of the big reasons that your dvds stand out from the crowd. I'm sorry you haven't received the affirmation from many of us but let me say, Cathe's workout dvds are the BEST and the pre-mixes are a BIG part of that! I've already ordered and would be very sad to not see a few well-thought out premixes on each of the full length cardio and strength training dvds. I thought the Intensity Series had the perfect amount. Thanks! Heather

p.s. I've never used the blender.

I would really like a few premixes in the Hardcore series. Something like what the Intensity series had.
For me, the amount in the Body Blast were just to much. ANd I don't use the Blender, so you could eliminate that all together, as far as I'm concerned.

But having 2-5 premixes per workout would be great.

I also like having a few pre-mixes like the Intensity Series. The Body Blast series was probably over-kill which led to a lot of pauses. Also for the future, I did like having two workouts in one DVD and then having a pre-mix of those two workouts. The Total Body Pyramid, K,P,C & L & G circuit, and the Boot Camp/ME pre-mixes are some of my favorite workouts.

I also don't need the blender feature if that will eliminate some problems. I don't think I ever used it.

By the way, when the Intensity Series came out, the fitness forums were buzzing how Cathe & SNM were ahead of everybody else when it came to DVDs. So problems are not the only things reported.

Thanks for listening,
Helen

Hi SNM!
I use the Workout Blender and premixes often. I very rarely use the workout in the order it was designed. It is great for customizing the workout to fit what I need and want. That said I do understand your point completely. What if you would drop the premixes but keep the workout blender?
Have a great day and thanks for all the hard work you do to offer us great workouts!
Peace, Ann

I have to agree with the majority of posters on this topic: Nix the blender and keep the premixes. Those premixes are a wonderful, flexible option that I use on a daily basis.

SNM - I heavily use both the premixes and the workout Blender and greatly appreciate these options. I do have problems with the BB Series on the premixes, but have learned to live with it. If you were to offer one over the other, I would prefer to have the premixes since you can blend your own through the chaptering. I appreciate the fact that you have gone the extra mile to offer great technology and workout options; I do Cathe workouts 95% of the time and part of that is because of all the options you provide.

Thank you and I'm sorry we haven't spoken up with more positive comments previously - I still think Cathe offers the best workouts on the market for us advanced exercisers. :) :) :)

Jo

I also vote for the premixes and no workout blender. A couple of the Body Blast DVDs had problems with the workout blender on my DVD player, but it didn't really matter to me as I just didn't use it. I love the workouts as is, and also use the premixes on occasion.

I've never been disappointed with any of Cathe's workouts! They just seem to always click with me and I'm looking forward to the Hardcore Series! :) :) :)

Another vote here for a couple of premixes, but not much interest in the blender. What I like in particular is good chaptering: I like it when each set of each exercise is a seperate chapter, because that also makes it easier to create my own premixes, sequencing sets in different ways, and even across different DVD's (I have a 5 player).

What I find only slightly annoying about the body blast series, and I don't know if it's because of the blender option, or some other reason, is that there seems to be meaningless chapter points: for instance, to program into my player that I want to do the one legged deadlifts in L&G, I have to put in two chapter points. Similarly for many of the sets in L&G, there seems to be a chapter point for the setup, then another very close to the beginning of the set. I can't think of a specific example, but there are others where the set seems to include 2 and sometimes 3 chapter points. Just more numbers to program.

That being said, I do prefer more chapters rather than less (ie, there are way more ways to use Imax 2 than Imax, for instance, because the blasts are chapered seperately than the aerobic sections)

And all of that being said, I have of course already preordered, and am soooo looking forward to this series. I have never had a problem with the prices of your product, there is no question that you get more bang for your buck.

Christine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.