cathe- premixes

I don't use the blender, I don't feel I need it- I can program my DVD player but because of the premixes I haven't done that either. I had planned to pre-order the whole set now I think I'll wait and see what happens with the premixes. Cathe is right about hearing more negative then positive, I guess the satisfied customers need to be as vocal as those who are not so Cathe knows how much we appreciate the hard work she has put into these advanced DVD's.Love you Cathe, keep up the awesome work, and premixes please, please,please. Thanks Sue

I also would love to see the premixes added to the dvds .

After I have mastered the workouts as was filmed I always venture to the premixes and have found them to be an invaluable asset to the dvds.

Please, please consider adding premixes to the Hardcore series as I love doing the premixes in the IS and BB series. They are sooo worth it.

Hi,

I am relatively new to Cathe, (only a year), but count me in as one who loves all of the options you provide on your DVD's. The pre-mixes IMHO are invaluable and I use them frequently. Cathe puts out the best DVD's, which is one of the things that sets her apart from everyone else. Please reconsider, and add the pre mixes.

Just echoing what many have said- I love the premixes as they give me the flexibilty to tailor my w/o's to how I'm feeling that day and also time constraints. I've never had a problem with any of your DVD's or your customer service- both of which are superb!:) I've never used the workout blender so I agree that maybe no workout blender but PLEASE add the premixes in the DVD's. I've also preordered the new ones.

Elizabeth

I LOVE the premixes especially the ones on the Intensity Series. The premixes on the Body Blast series was a tad overkill. I have never used the workout blender.

Please keep the premixes even if it's just a limited number!!

Thanks for listening!!

Count me in as another one who loves the premixes. I don't use the Workout Blender at all, and never have, but the premixes are awesome. There were a lot of premixes in the Body Blast series...certainly more than I'll ever use, but I can see why there were that many. The ones I like and use may not be the same ones as someone else likes and uses. :)

I'd love to see premixes on the new DVDs.

Premixes are a high point in the DVDs!! They make for great variety.
Please keep them in. As for the workout blender, I can honestly say that I rarely utilized it. Thanks. Phyllis

I also love the premixes, fine chaptering,and the mix and match, but I have not used the workout blender at all.

Maggie

Please keep the premixes!!

I could really care less about the workout blender... I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have SNM/Cathe create a longer/shorter/easier/tougher/specific workout for me that have me try to do it myself.

As much as I am "disappointed" about the lack of advanced features on the new disks... I do understand. I know I would be upset if I bought the disks and they didn't work.

Love the premixes - have NEVER used the blender, even though my DVD player is programmable. If I do a Cathe Intensity or Body Blast workout five times, I probably use a premix three of those five. If one must go, please make it the blender!

Allison

Yet another vote to PLEASE have at least a few premixes. I really like the variety they add to the workouts. I don't care if you take out the workout blender either.
I also want to say thank you for all of your wonderful workouts!

Premixes, please! :7 If you still want to keep each DVD separate, premixes like the High Step Training DVD are fine.

I like the option of using just cardio or strength when a workout contains both because it makes the disc more versatile. For IMax 3, having just the step section or just the blast section would be wonderful. I could choose either depending on my energy for the day. I love the premixes, and I think I've used them on the C&W DVD more than I've used the "regular" workout itself.

Please reconsider, I don't mind waiting for Cathe's DVDs because I'm always VERY happy with them (and yes, I'm one of the few that has freezing problems with the "Pause" screens on the BB series...I just advance the chapter with my remote and it's all good :7 )

Kathy

I just wanted to say, I love the premixes!! I have 2 DVD players and they work fine on them. I've only had it freeze once and I just forwarded myself to the next chapter. I'd gladly put up with this to have all the premixes. It makes things so much quicker when working out. Especially for workouts that contain both cardio & weights when I only want to do one or the other. As far as the workout blender, I do use it occasionally and I really like it but if it was one or the other I'd rather have the premixes. I can program my VCR if I really wanted to.

The only other thing I'd like to say is if you don't end up with the premixes or the workout blender, please chapter them as well as the Intensity Series and Body Blast Series so we can at least skip easily to the portion of the workout we want or program them on our own if we have to.

> Only a
>very small percentage of people will have a problem playing
>one of our DVDs with advanced features, but these will be the
>people that will be the ones posting on the various fitness
>forums. You will almost never hear from the people that don’t
>have a problem and are happy with their DVDs.

Chris, one of my first jobs was quality control in a medical supply business. A product they made was premature infant feeding tubes for the hospital. I think many would be surprised at what the acceptable amount of failures were allowed so the whole lot passed. And that's knowing failed tubes went out. Your guess at around 3% bad going out isn't bad in the quality control field ;-)

>#1. Fewer hedaches, since there will be fewer customer service
>issues. Some customers will still have issues as there can be
>many reasons a disc will not play properly, but the number
>will be drastically reduced.

Not 100% sure this will ring true. Although, I see your desire for less headaches and can respect that.

>#2. We can save a bundle on our production cost since premixes
>are our major expense when producing DVDs

Cool, I've never had issues with SNM wanting to make money on a product they produce. I also don't mind paying extra for a good/better product...if that's what it takes.

>#3 It will take us less time to make a DVD and thus we can get
>you your DVDs more quickly. We can author a DVD like most DVDs
>that are sold today in less than one day. A DVD like Body
>Blast takes 2 weeks per DVD to author.

I've never minded waiting for a good product either. The fact that we have the opportunity to save money by purchasing in a presale long before production is a fair trade off.

>#4 Less negative publicity. Nobody gets “knocked” for not
>having premixes or workout blenders. It is only a problem if
>you offer premixes/blenders and a consumer has problems.
>There is no way to make these advanced features work on all
>players. Though they will work fine in 97% of the players,
>there will still be some problems for some people.

Still not convinced you'll be problem free/issue free without premixes/layered discs. And, as I mentioned above, from the quality control perspective...you should still be allowed to have an acceptable amount of failure;-)

>That said, we really will not make up our mind on this for
>sometime, so we will at least keep an open mind. I’m also
>going to have some conversations with NFL Films later this
>summer on this. Without a doubt, NFL Films, has the best
>facilities, studios and technicians in the world, so they may
>have a solution to this problem that I am not aware of.
>

I noticed threads talking about dropping the pre-mixes from this new series and figured I'd hunt the main thread out and see what the scoop was.
I've used them exclusively this spring. They've given me the opportunity to customize my strenth to my cycling with a click of the button. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's picked one thinking...how cool is this, what a great feature!!!

BUMMER...it would be sad to see that acceptable amount of failure cancel the whole lotand win;-).
From the 97% success side...save the PRE-MIX!!!:D

As far as video fitness forums go, they have changed over the years. They seem to be more geared towards the quality of the product vs. the love of the sport. Does it give a balanced assesment of a product, IMHO, no. Hopefully, with a lot of thought, that's discussed when making the final decision. I'm betting there's a lot of happy silent customers (who live on fitness forums) hitting the pre-mix button.

BTW...never used the blender either LOL.

Good luck with the NFL Chris!

>Just echoing what many have said- I love the premixes as they
>give me the flexibilty to tailor my w/o's to how I'm feeling
>that day and also time constraints. I've never had a problem
>with any of your DVD's or your customer service- both of which
>are superb!:) I've never used the workout blender so I agree
>that maybe no workout blender but PLEASE add the premixes in
>the DVD's. I've also preordered the new ones.
>
>Elizabeth

I agree ! The premixes are used almost daily by me ,but the workout blender has remained untapped as an option.

I urge SNM to continue with the premix option. It give Cathes workouts a variety that is unique and highly appreciated.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.