Cathe, please answer before Tuesday - STS Legs question

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I'm scheduled to do my first Meso 3 legs workout on Tuesday, and would really like to know why you designed the 2 different versions. In other words, I'm trying to determine which version I should do.

Please, what is the goal of the Plyo Legs workouts, and what is the goal of the Squat Rack Legs workouts? Will I see different results from each one, and if so, what are the results expected to be?

Thank you!
Sandra

Not Cathe here but she explains the reason for the two at the beginning of the workout.

Plyo legs are for those who want to increase their running speed where as the other weighted leg workout is for simply just strengthing your legs. Both will give you strenght but plyo will help increase your running speed.

Also it would be very difficult to do the weighted meso 3 if you don't have a tower to set the weights on before you start. The weight could be to heavy for the legs that you can't lift the barbell over your head to start.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply, Melanie! I see there's a functional difference in what the workouts will do. But what about the visual difference? Will they each create a different look to the lower body? For me, that's what's going to help me decide which avenue to go.

Thanks,
Sandra

I'd like to do Legs w/ weighted vest on Wednesdays and Plyo legs on Saturday...Is this too much on the legs?

Has anyone else thought about doing this????

g_lynn

I haven't done it but I have seen several posters here and at Videofitness who have used both workouts in the same week. The plyo workout has a lot of cardio effect in it. I'm pretty sure Cathe has said you could do both in the same week but don't quote me on that.

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread started on this topic. You may search and see what the outcome was.

I'd like to do Legs w/ weighted vest on Wednesdays and Plyo legs on Saturday...Is this too much on the legs?

g_lynn

Hmmmm...

I haven't done it but I have seen several posters here and at Videofitness who have used both workouts in the same week. The plyo workout has a lot of cardio effect in it. I'm pretty sure Cathe has said you could do both in the same week but don't quote me on that.

I seem to recall that Cathe did NOT recommend doing both. I thought she said on both forum & in guide to pick one or the other for the duration of the mesocycle. Am I remembering incorrectly???

Haven't started Meso 3 yet, but plan on doing Plyo only.

I can't be quoted but I also recall her saying pick on or the other and stay with it.

I think you will get close to the same results from both, one will just increase your running speed. Runners have lean muscle legs and strength workouts will do that too.

I am doing the plyo legs because I am a runner and run in several 5k's in my area but the next time I do STS I will do the other leg workout just so I can do both.

Yes - I've been doing heavy legs on Wednesday and plyo legs on Saturday (I'm currently in the middle of week 3 of Meso 3). But I'm going WAY lighter with plyo legs (12# DBs mostly) than I otherwise would. I'm using the workout more as a cardio interval workout.
Bernadette

g_lynn

i'm doing both legs, also. i did squat rack legs yesterday and i am gonna do plyo legs either friday or sat. i kinda think plyo is kind of an HIIT workout. what do ya'll think? i love them both. i didn't realize that cathe said to choose one. i am in meso 3 wk 3 also, so i'm almost done.
i really want to do STS over again. how long do ya'll think we should rest before we start again?
cathy

I was going to do both(ending meso 2 this week), and I guess if Cathe says no, it probably is not the best, but I often change her rotations to suit me, so this time, I will try it this way.

BTW, I am going to really miss meso 2, so I hope 3 is just as good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.