Cathe Live for cardio?

catwoman7631

Cathlete
I'm considering signing up for Cathe Live before the discount coupon expires at the end of this month. However, I'll be doing STS until the end of December and then the new DVDs will be arriving and they seem to be more focused on weights. So for the next several months, I would be using Cathe Live for just cardio. Are there enough non-step cardio workouts available to make signing up now worthwhile for me? I know there are a lot of boxing workouts from reading Jen's blog, but how about HiiT stuff or non-dancy step workouts (like To The Max or ICE LIS)? I hate to miss the discount, but I also don't want to sign up now and then hardly use it for half of my subscription time.

Hi Jodi--I have done almost every single Cathe Live that is not a step workout (and some of those, too). I reviewed 16 pure cardio workouts that only use weights or other things as props--or use zero equipment. These encompass step, HIIT, boxing, etc. Then workouts I consider metabolic--they use dumbbells but I used them as cardio workouts (like Cross Fire and To the Max), there are 17 of those. Those include step/HIIT/metabolic/boxing, too--the differentce is, all of those use dumbbells for more than just a prop, but for metabolic strength work. But like I said, I do not use those for my strength workouts. I used them as cardio workouts. None of the step workouts I have reviewed have complicated step choreography. The step is used to increase intensity. So, IMHO there are currently 33 Cathe Live workouts that would fit your needs. I plan to do two more this weekend that might qualify as metabolic but I won't know till I do them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.