Cathe, if you were a male...

jloewe

Cathlete
Do you think you'd have a larger male following?? The last few people I have spoken with and told them I worked out at home were convinced I did P 90X, and I think it's because of the simple fact that Tony Horton is male.

I have an open invitation to my male friends to come over to my home for a rousing round of Boot Camp/ Muscle Endurance combo, to see that a woman is more than capable of laying on a major league butt-kicking.

No takers yet, probably won't be...though I'd love to see how long a few of Diane's friends' hubbies would last with me!!

Probably so Jerry! I don't know if it will ever change, but I somehow still see most men feeling a little uncomfortable working out to workout that is created/guided by a female. Surprisingly though, many that I come across don't say because they think the workout would be too easy. Quite the opposite. They say they see me/us working out like crazy in class and they would be too embarrassed if they couldn't hang. Thanks for biting the bullet and never looking back. Here's to reaping the lifetime benefits that good hard workouts produce. Stay strong...live long!

Do you think you'd have a larger male following?? The last few people I have spoken with and told them I worked out at home were convinced I did P 90X, and I think it's because of the simple fact that Tony Horton is male.

I have an open invitation to my male friends to come over to my home for a rousing round of Boot Camp/ Muscle Endurance combo, to see that a woman is more than capable of laying on a major league butt-kicking.

No takers yet, probably won't be...though I'd love to see how long a few of Diane's friends' hubbies would last with me!!

Jer, while this is completely irrelevant to your question, I can't help but hear the tune of Beyonce's song "If I Were A Boy" in my head everytime I look at this title ....Cathe, if you were a male... :D

intimidation may be a factor

I played a few of the youtube clips for one of the docs in our practice and he pretty much crapped!!!! I had been telling him about your site for some time as he had tried the personal trainer thing, but living in the middle of nowhere-trainers are limited and very difficult to schedule esp as his call day was the day the trainer was in town. ANYWAY, I was explaining the STS as best as I could, regarding periodization and how I am planning to use it along with my marathon training (any suggestions????) and he was interested. HOWEVER the plyo leg and abs clips were enough to show him that you are the real deal (his first words when he saw the home page was -OMG SHE'S RIPPED!!!) and then enough to make him nauseous...and then jealous when I informed him that I can do pikes on the ball and while challenging-it's not that bad ;)
sorry to be longwinded-but I found it amusing how quickly his idea of your "little program" changed :p
take care and can't wait!!!
julie

Jer, while this is completely irrelevant to your question, I can't help but hear the tune of Beyonce's song "If I Were A Boy" in my head everytime I look at this title ....Cathe, if you were a male... :D

Who's this Beyonce person??? Some music guy, I'm guessing??? Never heard of him. If it's not from the 60's, 70's, or some 80's...or The Boss...it's not music to me....:D

Hey all - honestly...it ain't no thang!! I know plenty of hardcore ripped home exercise madmen (myself included) who love Cathe workouts. I just did IMAX III only moments ago - i nearly bonked on blast #8 :) but pushed through. Cathe - the dudes are on board!!
Keith

Well, I had set up DH to do bootcamp from IS a few years back because he laughed at the concept of dvd workouts. He thought he was in shape evidenced by the fact that he plays recreational softball and basketball, as well as walks the dog..................well he was 100% SPENT and refuses to discuss it to this very day!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Whenever I catch my husband wandering around my workout area while I'm exercising, I immediately invite him to join me, which sends him scurrying off. He has no problem bench pressing 300 lbs at the gym but fears Cathe's cardio will send him to the ER. :D

my hubby swears

my hubby swears cathe is trying to kill him every time I convince him to do a tape. He saw the scar on your knee on one video and thought that was proof positive that your workouts are enough to put someone in the hospital and no normal person should attempt your workouts.

My husband claims Cathe is an alien, and her work-outs scare him. I have assured him STS will be whatever he can lift....which will be less than me at this point, thanks to Cathe. Oh well, he just turned 48, and I have 8 more months before I get there, must be the difference. :)

My husband (49) does Cathe's workouts, but pretty much only the weight work. He gave up trying to do even the easier step workouts. I'm sure he'll use the DVDs from STS, but I doubt he'll use them as intended. Routines are not his thing. And with the exception of biceps, I'm pretty sure I lift heavier than he does ;-)

I did Butts and Guts the other day, and as I was grumbling my way thru the hydrants, I heard DH upstairs yelling "Go Nannie, go!" When I was done, I told him Ms Cathe was waiting for him and it was his turn. He declined the invite. I wonder why?:p

Nan

Love it!

Wow, this is so interesting to read. Ladies, we have got to get your men "in the pit" with us. That's what I refer to as the workout/training area. When we're in the pit it's all business. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could get all of the hubby's in one class and have a specialized workout for them? I'd promise to be nice .....;) We'll get them hooked ladies :D

DH is hoping you'll make "Nap Max" sometime in the near future. :D (Like he needs any help napping. :rolleyes: )

LOL I have one who is demonstrating that workout right now. Perhaps they can be the "cast" for that one. Maybe demonstrating different pieces of equipment: couch, lazy boy, bed....

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could get all of the hubby's in one class and have a specialized workout for them? I'd promise to be nice ...

What a great idea Cathe.I would help you design a "beginner male step class" Once you catch on it is so much fun.Now if we can only encourage your business partner Chris.He did tell me last summer that he may do STS.
All the best.
Chris (2005 & 2008 male attendee)

Hi Chris! Nice to see you here. Yes, if we could only make that happen it would be so much fun. Yes, Chris will be doing STS too. We are all needing it around here ;)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could get all of the hubby's in one class and have a specialized workout for them? I'd promise to be nice ...

What a great idea Cathe.I would help you design a "beginner male step class" Once you catch on it is so much fun.Now if we can only encourage your business partner Chris.He did tell me last summer that he may do STS.
All the best.
Chris (2005 & 2008 male attendee)

My soon-to-be DH will yell comments from his home office when I'm working out - my favorite is when he yells - "What's the count Cedie?" It makes me laugh.

He used my laptop in a presentation in Chicago earlier this year and I forgot that I have Cathe wallpaper - so Cathe was on a hotel ballroom screen off and on during the day.

Good press for you, Cathe - I had to keep explaining who you were to everyone!

But alas - soon-to-be DH is not budging on actually DOING the workouts. I keep telling him that he needs to get ready for the wedding. . . . ah men. . . . I'm working my butt off (literally) for the wedding and he just laughs some more and says "Get down; get dirty" (IMAX2).

Thanks for the great workouts, Cathe. He will find you one day and take on the challenge - maybe STS will do the trick. Or maybe if I kick his butt one day when we are rough housing because I'm so strong! That would be a nice surprise!! :p

Lisa

My Joey and I workout together to Cath's DVD's all the time.:D You should see him now. Lean, muscles are starting to show (he needs to eat better) and is in the best shape of his 72 year life. And we're going to keep it that way!;)

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.