Cathe body Shape

lulu68

Cathlete
Does anybody know what body shape Cathe falls into.... apple, pear, ruler, etccc? Does anybody know how to figure out your body type?

Lourdes

Would the "hourglass" figure in women be considered the mesomorph body type? I don't know why I can never figure this out! :eek:

Rectangle:Shoulders, bust, waist and hips are within 5% of each other in measurements.

Apple: Waist 10% or more than bust/hips.

Hourglass: Bust and Hips are within 5% of each other. Waist is about 20-25% smaller than bust and hips.

Pear (triangle) : Bust is at least 15% smaller than hips, waist is at least 20-25 smaller than hips.

Inverted Triangle: Shoulders and bust are 20% larger than hips.

Shortwaisted: approximately 1 hand or less between bottom rib and top of hip bones.

Regular Waisted: approximately 2 hands between bottom rib and top of hip bones.

Long Waisted: more than 2 hands between bottom rib and tip of hip bones.

Last edited:
Many, many, moons ago Cathe posted that she's an apple. Just goes to show that the perfect balance of diet and exercise works like a really good apple corer :D. I’m still working on being an apple core, but can’t seem to get those slices to fall away :eek:.

It’s all in the seeds ;),
jordan

Given the width of her shoulders, leanness of hips and the ease with which she builds muscle, particularly in the upper body, Cathe strikes me as being a mesomorph. There is not much sign of appleness about her body: apples tend to have that round, barrel appearance with skinny legs beneath. Even with all the exercise she does, she doesn't have the apple body ratios between torso and legs.

Clare

Many, many, moons ago Cathe posted that she's an apple. Just goes to show that the perfect balance of diet and exercise works like a really good apple corer :D. I’m still working on being an apple core, but can’t seem to get those slices to fall away :eek:.

It’s all in the seeds ;),
jordan

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I'm wondering if these "types" don't show that much difference if one is lean and without much extra fat (the places the body prefers to store fat being a major determiner of body type).

I know Cathe said she's an apple, but I see her more as a rectangle.

Kathryn,

I agree, I think the "apple" and "pear" descriptions of body type apply when/where excess body fat gets stored in the body. If you tend to gain it mainly abdomen/upper body first then you're probably apple, if you gain first and most in hips/thigh area then pear. So when Cathe says she's "apple" then she's probably referring to the fact that if she gains weight it goes to abs/upper body first.

I think the ecto/endo and mesomorph tend to describe the body types/genetics much better. To me Cathe is a mesomorph. :D;):p

Mesomorph - the luckiest body type of the three different body types. The prototypical athlete, fitness model and bodybuilder. Where the ectomorph and the endomorph both have a positive and negative side, the mesomorph has pretty much the best of both worlds. They gain muscle almost as well as an endomorph, yet can lose fat almost as well as an ectomorph.

I'm wondering if these "types" don't show that much difference if one is lean and without much extra fat (the places the body prefers to store fat being a major determiner of body type).

I know Cathe said she's an apple, but I see her more as a rectangle.

Would the "hourglass" figure in women be considered the mesomorph body type? I don't know why I can never figure this out! :eek:
I think they are two different ways of classifying bodies: one by shape, and one by composition.
The 'apple/pear/hourglass' is based on shape.
The "mesomorph (muscular)/ectomorph (skinny)/endomorph (fat) is composition.

I think she was laughing at the whole "slices of the apple not falling away" part.;):) I could be wrong though...:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.