Cathe are total body workouts not effective?

really makes me wonder why she won't answer.. she sees how important it is for us to get an answer *pout*

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Have you done any searches to see if she's already answered this in an older post? :)

Just a suggestion...

I don't ever recall her having answered this type of question before, I'm really curious now as to what the answer is and how long this post can go on without an answer?

I just noticed a new ask Cathe question and she answered it, I know she is busy, but this has been bumped for so many times, it is obvious some of us would like a answer.

I just noticed a new ask Cathe question and she answered it, I know she is busy, but this has been bumped for so many times, it is obvious some of us would like a answer.

>Maybe re-post the question rather than bumping it up? Just a
>thought.

I agree. Give it a different title ("full body vs. split workouts?) and repost. Maybe Cathe thinks she's already answered it because she's seen the title several times? Just a thought.

>Maybe re-post the question rather than bumping it up? Just a
>thought.

I agree. Give it a different title ("full body vs. split workouts?) and repost. Maybe Cathe thinks she's already answered it because she's seen the title several times? Just a thought.

I know that you'd like Cathe to answer your question but she seems to be busy. Have you considered asking Paula Z? She's a certified trainer and is very thoughtful about answering questions. Her site is - http://www.exercisevideosreviews.com/

She has a free two-month subscription to her paid forum if you scroll down the page. Just a suggestion.

Sandi

I know that you'd like Cathe to answer your question but she seems to be busy. Have you considered asking Paula Z? She's a certified trainer and is very thoughtful about answering questions. Her site is - http://www.exercisevideosreviews.com/

She has a free two-month subscription to her paid forum if you scroll down the page. Just a suggestion.

Sandi

thanx for the idea.. but i, personally, want cathe's input since it's her workouts i'm doing!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

thanx for the idea.. but i, personally, want cathe's input since it's her workouts i'm doing!

-------------

I'm not Cathe, but I think there might be a big point missing here. You can always develop or build muscle as long as you fatigue your muscles, and you can do that with any exercise, or even with boring old house work. All you got to feel is that muscle getting tired, and it starts sending an SOS to the brain, and then your body starts the process of finding protein to make muscle fiber. It is only when you don't feel that muscle get tired, that you don't get any more muscle.

But the true question is what type of muscles do you want? Do you want a nice lean set that shows when you move, do you want medium definition, or are you trying to have muscles similar to Cathe? As that will tell you what type of workout you need. Most don’t do a total body workout that already are up to Cathe’s level, as it takes too long for them, it’s much faster for them to work one or two body parts a day. But if your not to that level yet, or have quite a bit of time on your hands, you can do a total body workout.

But I really think there is no right or wrong answer to your question, as it really depends on you. What you want and what your exact total body workout entails. As I can see the authors point there are very few workouts that are a tough total body workout, most are hit and miss. They work the legs good but slack on the arms or vice a versa, but the one that doesn't is any of Cathe's. And I can't guess why the author didn't include them, other then to not sound like he was promoting Cathe videos. But a simple question to ask yourself, is every muscle in your body getting tired at the end of each set? If yes, it’s working for you, if no. You need to add weight or pause the video and add another set, that will depend on what you want to achieve.

As for circuits I have not seen anyone who has done circuits not get some awesome benefits from it. Especially Cathe’s, after about five minutes testing a person I know whether or not, they’ve done Cathe’s circuit videos, they are about the easiest people to spot as their endurance is very high, as well as their aerobic threshold, something you don’t commonly see with other videos or exercises.

So if your one doing Cathe’s I think your pretty well set, you will always have to add weight if you want more muscle, when your ready, if you want to maintain what muscle you’ve developed stay with the weight and sets you already do.

I hope this will give those who are worried about, if their workout is any good for them something to think about, until Cathe has enough time to answer. And hopefully this will give this another bump.

Kit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.