Cathe -- ?? about your disappointment with that last 10 pounds

LovingLife

Cathlete
Hi Cathe -- You mentioned in your Post-partum experience "But I was a little disappointed with how slow my body was reacting to shedding the last 10 pounds of body fat." I have a few questions about that.

1) Were you still breastfeeding when that 10 pounds wasn't budging? Or was this after you'd stopped nursing your baby? With my last few pregnancies, I've seemed to have a last 5 or 10 pounds just doesn't seem to want to budge until I stop breastfeeding. Then it comes off much easier. But even the first 5 or 10 seems to take it's sweet little time going away.

2) Were you ever discouraged by this? Did it make you feel any worse about yourself being a bit heavier? Or were you just driven to become more creative to find a way to get rid of it? (thus the Intensity Series that I'm so anxious to try out :))

I ask the second set of questions because I fight discouragement with the pregnancy weight when I work and work and it doesn't seem to be leaving. For the most part, I'm fine with where my body is right now and just try to focus on the process and not the results, but I have to be careful not to get down from it or I eat more out of frustration -- thus defeating myself in my efforts.

Thanks for any information you can share.

-- Renee (8 weeks post-partum and excited that my baby is allowing me to get my early morning workouts in again -- yay! Too crazy trying to fit them in during naptimes.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.