Can't wait to HATE! Jan 3

August

Cathlete
Morning!

Well, unfortunately, I was able to get my Gym Style Legs to work.

:D

Actually, I was able to get it to start at the title page, so now if I just stay away from the premix page, I think the disc will be fine.

Darnit.

Anyway, it was my full intention to do the Gym Legs in its entirety, but I ended up doing the standing part of Gym Style Legs with no weights which is plenty for me (all the while putting all my concentration on keeping my awful wobble knees from buckling), and then started to do the 2nd part...and then decided to switch to Winsor's Buns and Thighs.

Heh, don't want to start off the new year overenthusiastically, right?

Janjan - It's actually not my DVD player that has the problem, it's the actual Gym Style Legs DVD that has the problem. And weirder yet, this is the Gym Style Legs I had replaced because of weird playing problems!

Dana - The first time I ever did Gym Style Legs, my calves got DOMS so badly, I thought I might have to go to the doctor, believing I'd done some damage to them LOL - I'm not kidding. I had to stop a few times to get a grip on myself during the calves today. I fear what tomorrow brings. Yeah for Gabe! I guess you're right that at 5 he wouldn't understand Animal Crossing. But YOU would! Tee hee. Your workouts and eating plans and goals are totally inspiring and sound awesome! And of course, I'm glad to hear that you are standing high and proud on Mt. Barley! Oh, and if you'd like the Deb's Tummy Blasting Rotation for Half-Asses, I'll be happy to give you it.

Deb and Diane - Did you see the ETL check in? No? Good. 'Cause we want you here.

Deb - Isn't that cuteoverload site awesome? They update every day and there are really some cute animals and videos posted.

Robin - How awesome it must be to see a difference in an older workout from having done the newer ones. Woo hoo!

Michele - How was the doctor's appointment? Did the doctor find a good solution for your Fuched eye?

Okay, I'm off to do more of what I did yesterday and the day before. Nothing! Nothing with Mom! In my pajamas! With Nintendo in hand! Nothing!

Morning August and all to follow. I'm just post a quicky here. I have a 45 min run planned, according to Cathe's Jan rotation. I'm very, very scared, since I haven't run more than, say, 30 min for years. If I don't get back here, send out the dogs....

Hey gals--Janjan thanks for the info on opposing muscle groups- I'm going to try that out- did you or are you doing P90X-cuz I just got mine- do you like it?? tell me all you know-I literally, I mean literally do not know where to go next with all these freakin workouts I have (yes I feel blessed) however- I really like this Gym styles rotation I'm doing for Real Men (tee hee- August) I got the Cross Train Express dvd in Nov. which I'm excited about but havn't tried and I just got P90X- oh what to do, what to do??

Diane-are you and your hubby surviving Eat to Live?-I'm half _ssing it (oh where did that term come from)-theres a new thread that they started that I might join now & again after I do my posts here (no worries about dropping this thread-you guys are too funny)

Michele-I hope your eye thing is getting better

Robin-I love to run-I wish I had a treadmill cuz I can't run outside so I go down the street and bug my girlriend to use hers in exchange she borrows my cathe tapes-have fun

sorry if I missed other issues with the rest of you- I find myself taking notes and then posting so I stay up on what everyones talking about but didn't do that this time-bbl-- deb

Checkin' in quick here too. I"m supposed to be working - shh!!!

August - yes, please do give me Deb's rotation b/c I surely need to blast the belly fat - big time!!! I know exactly what you mean about the calve DOMS, I too thought I was going to have to go to the dr. Can you imagine telling the dr that you did like 100+ calve raises and know you are dying? Probably think we were nuts.

Robin - are you running outside or do you have a treadmill? I've often thought that if I had a treadmill I would try to get into running. I"ve got nowhere around where I live to run. The lake is closeby but I have to drive there. Good luck!

Michele - how is your eye today? Hoping you feel like yourself soon!

Diane - how is the ETL going so far?

Kate - how are you feeling today?

Hi to Deb!!!!

I did not get up at 4:00am. :( My alarm went off, the coffee brewed (had the timer set for 4:00) but I did not get out of bed. My lower back was killing me. I don't know if it is b/c I am working out on concrete in the basement or if it was b/c I had a bad night's sleep. Gannon wanted in the bed w/us and he is horrible to sleep with. Anyway, I will either do LIS tonight around 8:15 or tomorrow. I am going to take a walk during lunch though.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I had barley again for breakfast. I gave Gannon some yesterday and he loved it.

Toodles ladies!

Good Morning!!

ROTFLMAO -- Fuched eye:7 .

Well, my eye is totally fuched! It's all gunky and puss was oozing by the time I got to the doctor yesterday -- Ewwwwwwww! The infection really isn't a big deal but my eye pressure was out of this world! The doctor surmised that the drops I take for glaucoma have been washing out with all the watery gunk. Anyway, he put me on an antibiotic/steroid drop and my eye is already much improved from yesterday. Fuching eye!! LMAO!

By the way, the FU in fuch is pronounced like FEW -- just thought I'd clarify that--lol!

No, I didn't get a workout in yesterday but a new day is dawning and I WILL do some cardio today.

August, I only ever do the premixes of Gym Styles. My disc is fine -- wanna trade? Hey, with a Krispy Kreme shop in town you're going to need a fully functioning GSL DVD, and my perfect disc doesn't lend itself to the half-assers philosophy of working out to which I subscribe. Have you tried your disc on another player? If it's not working right I would send it back. I hope you have a wonderful day of nothing!

Ahhhh, there's nothing quite like the DOMS you get from GSL.

Robin, geez, I hope you're taking a GPS enabled cell phone with you on your run -- LMAO! Egads, a 45 minute run:eek:. No way I could ever do that. I couldn't do 30 minutes! You go, girl! I'll alert the State Highway Patrol just in case. They probably have a dog or 2 they can send out -- LMAO! BE CAREFUL!

Deb, I know exactly how you feel. I become overwhelmed by my collection of workouts and never know which one to do. That's why I was so impressed by your belly blasters rotation--lol! Are you sure you hate weights? You can do E2L but you're a hater now and we just insist that you check in with us:p:7

Dana, seeing your resolve to get back on track is having a positive impact on me. Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT! I'm making barley today, too, either for lunch or dinner. I'm planning to eat barley in some form every day between now and my next physical. I just love barley in place of rice for dinner:9. It's so great that you're introducing Gannon to power foods so early in life. Oh hey, I'll bet working out on concrete is hard on your back and knees. Why don't you try some of those puzzle mats?

Kate, I hope you're ear infection is better. I know how you must be missing your B&G workout and it can't be easy to do that one if you're dizzy.

Diane, how's it going with the E2L plan?

Janjan, it's good to see you working out again. How's the knee? Can you do cardio yet, I mean something other than the old lady stuff you were doing? Although, the old lady cardio is in keeping with the half-assers philosophy--LMAO!

Okay chickies, I need to get going. I still have a lot to do before my workout room is workoutable. I've hit a snag -- DH also uses this room to store and clean his guns (target shooting is his sport). His gun cleaning equipment is laid out on a desk in there -- the desk I want to use for the TV. What to do...what to do. The space is really small and there isn't room for another table. I may need to get one of those thingies to mount the TV on the wall.

I'll see ya later:* :*

Robin - So? Did you survive the run? I can't run. I'm fascinated by it.

Deb - I can't wait to hear what you think of P90X! You going to do ETL with that, and not the P90X food guide?

Dana - LOL, oh yeah, that would be a hoot to tell the doctor why you can't walk! "I did about a million calf raises with my heels off a step." LMAO....Is your back all right? Can you get something for your floor? If you think the floor is the problem, girl, do something about that floor!! So cute about Gannon liking barley. Smart kid. Hey, when you said you want Deb's rotation, do you mean Deb's Real Man rotation? Or do you mean Deb's Half Man one?

Here's the one for Half Men. I'll give you half of it LOL:

MON - GYM Back, Shoulders, Biceps + CTX 10/10/10
TUE - Christi’s Humble Beginnings 9801 + C&W Abs
WED - GYM Legs + wimpering
THU - Christi’s Happy Hour Hi-Lo + PUB Abs
FRI - GYM Chest & Triceps + CTX Step & Intervals
SAT - Christi’s Still Stepping + CTX Kickbox Abs
SUN - Muscle Max

MON - Christi’s Totally Hot Cardio + PUB Abs
TUE - GYM Back, Shoulders, Biceps + CTX All Step
WED - Gin Miller’s Intense Moves+ CTX All Step Abs
THU - GYM Legs + cursing
FRI - Christi’s Cardio Collectibles + C&W Abs
SAT - GYM Chest & Triceps + Cathe SJP Step
SUN - OFF

Okay, I know, I know, I'm only taking two days off a month. But I'm figuring there are going to be some travel days when I can't workout.

Michele - You must take a photo of your gunky fuched up eye to pass around at parties. (I'm not saying to put it as your avator though.) Oh man, the gunk is pushing out what you need for your eye pressure?! Now that is totally fewked up. I'm so glad to hear there's already improvement. Thank goodness...It looks like I'll be able to use my Gym disc (my second one) so don't you even dare to suggest burdening me with yours LOL. Like it's not bad enough to own ONE of those things. By the way, my calves...they didn't...they didn't work very well on the apartment building stairs today. I'm afraid what they'll be like when I get up tomorrow morning...LOL, your spare room is a wieghts room and a gun room?!

Okay, I've got to get some sleep. Doing nothing really tired me out.

Later!

your spare room is a wieghts room and a gun
>room?!

Yeah, yeah, that's what it is:eek: . Look at it this way, if Cathe annoys me with her incessant calf raises I can just shoot the TV}(

Good night, August:*

No time to read all of the above, but I'm jumping in quickly to say I did it! It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Thank you Cathe. Actually, the stability ball abs from B&G were as scary as the run, if you ask me. I'll try to get back and catch up later. I need a shower and then into town for a bladder ultrasound to rule out nasty causes for my recurrent UTIs. I'm not worried, cause I'm sure the UTIs are caused by menopause and my DH. Thanks for all the good running wishes friends!

Robin - ^5 for the run. You rock! Good luck at the dr. Ya know, the cure for the UTI is to eat barley every day for a month. It'll do the trick, right girls?

Michele - LOL Does your DH have a gun safe? You can store everything in there (ammo, gun cleaning stuff, etc).

August - that is only 1/2 of the workout? You're kidding right??? I don't even own any Christi or Gin's or 10/10/10 so I'm gonna have to back out of the rotation before I even started.

My mind wanders when I walk so today I've created (in my mind) a Feb rotation for 1 body part a day. I'll post it when I finalize it.

Oh yeah August, you jinxed me. First Kate w/an earache, Michele with a fuched up eye, and now I've got a splinter in my finger. I was swinging my arms during my walk and I brushed up against a bush and now I"ve got a splinter in my finger. I"ve got the splinters of death in my desk drawer so I'm going to get ready to operate.

Later girlies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.