Can I do Cathe's workout using the Firm Box?

Steph4ASL

I have been doing the Firm workout for 3 years. I would love to try Cathe's workout. I would like to know if it is acceptable to use the Firm Box from BSS3 for Cathe's workout? I do not want to buy any more equipments, since I already have the Fanny Lifter and the Firm Box.

Also I am more of an intermediate exerciser, which three (I prefer aerobic and A&W)of Cathe's videos would you recommend that I buy?

Thanks!
Steph

Hi and welcome. I don't have the hight step. In the leg press I uses my fanny lifter. You can try the body blast series. I really love SB /SJP dvd. SB is step .SJP is step , hi/low and segments of weight training. In the second dvd of the BB series you have an awesome kickboxing workout and a great lower body workout: legs and glutes. The ctx series is a great option too.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

Hi, Steph! I'm new to Cathe (began with Basic Step + Body Fusion), quickly learned that, and am now trying her more complicated step. I use the Firm box from BSS3 for now. I'm hoping my DH will give me an "official" step for Christmas, but for now the Firm box works. Cathe's step makes Firm cardio rather a joke; that's not putting down the Firm. It sounds as if you, too, are ready to really go for it, and with Cathe, you'll find what you're looking for. I'm rather uncoordinated, but the step work is so much fun, I keep at it until I learn it. Hope you join the legions!
Susan G:)

Yes, the Firm Box works just great. Eventually, I'm going to get Cathe's step (I want to be as much like her as possible; lol)!
I haven't fallen off once.
;-)

I started out using the fanny lifter for Cathe, and it worked fine although when I did leaner legs lunge section I found that I had to put my "fanny lifter" up against my couch to keep it more stable. Other than that it worked out well. Once I really started to get into Cathe workouts I JUST HAD to have her tall step.

I really like ALL of Cathe's DVDS, but I think Cross train express is a WONDERFUL workout!! Give's you a taste of Cathes step,kickbox, and weights!! Also timesaver's is fun to. You get a lot of bang for your buck with these!!

Hope this helps! Good Luck!!

Steph,
I used the fanny lifter for the first year, and it worked all right. I wanted to spend my money on more dvd's, rather than the tall step. But, you don't have as much versatility with the fanny lifter, since there are only three possibilities for height adjustment. Also, I found it not quite as stable. But, until I had the extra money it worked fine.
Heather

I tried using the firm box from BSS3 for Cathes step workouts and after the warmup my foot slipped off the box and I slightly twisted my ankle. My reebok step has a black non slip rubber surface on top and thats all I use now for Cathes step workouts. If you use it just be careful.

Susan

IMHO, it is OK to use the fanny lifter for the high step but not OK to use the box that came with BSS3 for the step work in most of Cathe's step workouts. The dimensions of the box are smaller than the Club step and the choreography was designed for a larger step. In addition, the BSS3 box wobbles (even the replacement box) and you would risk hurting yourself with all the hopping and jumping onto the box.

Stayfit - Thanks for recommending the Body Blast series & Ctx series! They all sound great, so I am defintely going to get both of them.

Medieval7 - Basic Step & Body Fusion sound like just what I need so will get those, too. I will be looking forward to doing something entirely different & challenging other than the Firm. Thanks!

Nicole - Crosstrain Express workout is just what I need. Thanks! Now I need to make sure that my husband is not home when the UPS guy comes with a big box of videos. haha

Princesscko, Heather, Susan & Cathy - Many thanks for sharing your thoughts/advices on the Firm box. I plan to use the Firm box temporary until I can afford to buy a Reebok Step, because it sounds like it is the way to go for Cathe's workout, and most importantly it will be much safer.

Steph

I use my Fanny Lifter and Firm Box (the more sturdy replacement one) for all my Cathe workouts. They work just fine. I do have a High Step on my "wish list" though.

Nancy

I wouldn't see a problem with that since Cathe's new intermediate workouts use a step that is the same size as the Firms BSS3. I have BSS1 & 2 so I have the old step, but when Cathe uses a small step box I use the Firm's blue and purple.
I have been working out with the Firm for over 3 years, or shall I say I used to. But then one day I saw Cathe on Fit tv and I had to give her a try. Once you workout with Cathe for a least one week, you will fly through a Firm tape as if it was only a warm up.

Good luck, but give it a try! I am sure the Firm step will work great with Cathe's videos, just be aware of your step size if it is different in another Cathe video.

Melanie

Susan,
If you will go to walmart.com and in their search category pick "sports" then type in "step", it will bring up all the steps they have. That's where I got my original healthclub step. Its the big one, that Cathe uses in her Basic Step + Body Fusion dvd. I love it and it seems to be the best price I've found. Some of them have a Cathe video included. Now just tell DH where to find your Christmas present!! I just ordered my own Christmas present, the HIGH step. I ordered it from Cathe.com because it included the beginner high step dvd. I can't wait to get it!
I hope this helps..
Vickie:D

I use the fanny lifter and the super step (the one Cathe uses as a bench - I bought it online at Walmart). I've found that I can pretty much tailor any Cathe workout to the equipment I already have and still get a killer workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.