Can I brag? :)

pixiesis

Cathlete
This beach is about a 20 minute walk from my front door. I walked there last evening and watched the sunset. Turns out that despite the old joke, long walks on the beach are actually pretty awesome.

And it's 82 degrees and sunny today so I'm considering taking a dip this evening. :)

Summers like this help to make up for our crazy winters!

Amy

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 108
This beach is about a 20 minute walk from my front door. I walked there last evening and watched the sunset. Turns out that despite the old joke, long walks on the beach are actually pretty awesome.

And it's 82 degrees and sunny today so I'm considering taking a dip this evening. :)

Amy

If you watched the sunset then I am assuming you are on the west coast.

I am too and having been here for over 20 years, I take our beautiful sunsets for granted. You've inspired me to take the time to enjoy it this evening.

Also, the ocean is waaaay too cold for me to do anything but take my shoes off and get my feet wet. Is it cold where you are?

Wow, that is totally beautiful. Where do you live? Breathtaking. I'd kill to have something like that near my house.

Thanks Debbie! I live in Ludington Michigan. It's in Northern/Western Michigan right on Lake Michigan. We have a lot of tourists during the summer (but it's not overwhelming or annoying). I've been neglecting my at-home workouts because I'm spending my free time taking advantage of the nice weather and the beautiful beaches and parks. I've been to lots of beaches, and our beaches are nicer than I've ever seen anywhere (except the Caribbean)--smooth "sugar" sand and clear fresh-water.

I guess I'm doing my part to promote Michigan!

Amy

OH I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!! I have a 'thing' for lighthouses and would LOVE to stroll right on this beach!!!

ENJOY every single moment!

Gayle

Thanks Debbie! I live in Ludington Michigan. It's in Northern/Western Michigan right on Lake Michigan. We have a lot of tourists during the summer (but it's not overwhelming or annoying). I've been neglecting my at-home workouts because I'm spending my free time taking advantage of the nice weather and the beautiful beaches and parks. I've been to lots of beaches, and our beaches are nicer than I've ever seen anywhere (except the Caribbean)--smooth "sugar" sand and clear fresh-water.

I guess I'm doing my part to promote Michigan!

Amy

You are lucky, Amy. That is just beautiful! I LOVE the lighthouse. I live about 45 minutes away from Marblehead in Ohio and it's just beautiful out there too. My dh and I go there every summer.

If you watched the sunset then I am assuming you are on the west coast.

Yep, the west coast...of Michigan! :)

I am too and having been here for over 20 years, I take our beautiful sunsets for granted. You've inspired me to take the time to enjoy it this evening.

Also, the ocean is waaaay too cold for me to do anything but take my shoes off and get my feet wet. Is it cold where you are?

I'm so glad you're going to go enjoy your beach. It's soooo worth it. I was thinking the water would be too cold here, but people are swimming and today's paper said the water is now "swimmable". It's probably still pretty chilly though!

Wow, that's gorgeous. Are you in the Great Lakes, by chance?

anne

Yay! You guessed it! Are you also in the Great Lakes?

Amy

Yes, but I'm in the middle--mid-Michigan to be more precise. But we do have gorgeous coastlines. I'll be in Port Huron this weekend (where I grew up) for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. We're having a luncheon at a restaurant 5 stories up above the St. Clair River. Great view of the bridge, Lake Huron, and Canada. Should be nice!

Enjoy your beach!

anne

Nice! I grew up in Farmington, MI (until I was 10). My sister turned 50 this year and where did she choose to go to celebrate? Hawaii? No..... Europe? No.... the Carribean? No..... MICHIGAN! (you knew that was coming). They went to Mackinac Island, Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes, and those types of places. Had a great time, apparently.

Enjoy that beach.....

-Beth

Beautiful! I'd be walking out there instead of working out inside, too! Take a advantage of your sit-gee-a-shun!:p:p

Beautiful...so jealous!!!!

Amy

How amazing! We live in RI and it's nowhere near warm enough for the beach yet, much less, entering the water without at least a 5 mm full length wetsuit on!

Beautiful! Enjoy it!

Tricia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.