Can anybody help me with some info?

Aimee

Cathlete
I really want to compete in a fitness competition(for ametures, obviously) in the year 2001. I have no idea how to go about this or which ones are ameture can anyone help me find out? I live in OH and would like to keep it local. Any suggestion or info? Thanks in advance!!

Hi, Aimee!

No advice, but I think this is really cool! I would love to have the guts to do this, but I am not a gymnast and even considering some of those moves make me need a chiropractor! Good luck!
Amy

Thanks, Amy!!

Hopefully, I'll find someone to teach me those gymnastic moves also, some of them scare me though
wink.gif
! Oh well, the biggest risk in life is not taking any
happy.gif
! Thanks for the support, I'll let you know how it goes if I can ever get in one. Thanks again!!!

Sitting here in awe!

No, I don't have any help for your dilemma, but I just wanted to add my awe of your attitude! You will do great, and you'll be happy that you went for it.
Tricia

Body for Life or Bodylogix?

Aimee,
I don't know if these are what you are looking for, but these are two that I am aware of.
www.bodyforlife.com
www.bodylogix.com
This might just give you a starting point, or might be useless to you, I'm not sure what type of competition you are looking for.....just my .02. Great luck to you!!!
Debbie

Oh now I feel dumb!!!

Aimee, I just read over your post again and realized you are talking about an actual competition "on-stage", not one of these personal challenges that I was referring to with those 2 websites. Sorry!!! Good luck, anyway!
Debbie

They have those competitions on ESPN all the time.

Maybe you could contact ESPN for some info. Or, check your TV listing for a showing of a competion (they re-run them all the time). During one of those shows, they may chime in with info.

Just a thought, take it or leave it!!!
wink.gif

Thanks Everybody!!

for your support and suggestions!! HB, I will try to call ESPN. I thought that those were pro competitions that they showed, but maybe they'll know about the ametures. Thanks again
happy.gif
!!

Fitness Competitions

Hi Aimee,
You may want to check out the articles in Oxygen and Muscle and Fitness Hers. They have information on upcoming fitness events. I found this information for you in M&F Hers. It is NPC/IFBB fitness competition, the sites are www.getbig.com/info/npc.htm or www.IFBB.com.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Terri

Fitness Competitions

Hi Aimee,

I am new here to the forum (just started getting into Cathe tapes) and I figured I would add to what has been said here already. I was considering for a brief time about starting to train and take classes (dance and gymnastics) to someday try a fitness competition (I still have too much work to do to get to that point anytime soon). I have done a bit of research and I have found some good info. The competitions they show on ESPN usually are the Fitness America ones (they have a web page www.fitnessamerica.com)and they have a schedule there that tells you when they are being broadcast. I found a book by Tatiana Anderson about succeeding in fitness competions that has some practical info that may be of some interest to you. You can check out her web site at www.tatianaanderson.com for details. Ms. Fitness magazine has some good info as well as Oxygen and M&F Hers. Most of the competitions have their own web sites and have addresses to contact for more info. The rules and requirements are usually posted there too. I used to cheer in high school and college and I really missed doing the whole performance thing. For a while I thought of trying to do a competition or audition for a professional squad, but I don't think that is going to happen now. I have too many other things in my life to do any of this, at least for now. If you are interested in the Anderson book, let me know ([email protected]), I don't need it anymore. If you decide to do a competition, I wish you all the best!

Trish

Thanks Guys!!

That book sounds great!! I have an article where Tatiana talks about that stuff but I can't remember which mag it was in(I have sooo many). Is Fitness America a pro competition? What about IFBB? and the other one? Sorry, haven't had all my coffee yet, my memory is still short
wink.gif
! I'm going to check out those web sites. And Trish, I will try to e-mail you, but for some reason, my e-mails never get through. Maybe it's because I hooked up to cable(Roadrunner),I'm not sure,but I'll try. Again I want to thank everybody, and Trish, I think you should go for anything your heart desires! You only live once
wink.gif
!! Thanks again, everybody!!!!!

Aimee!!!!!

Aimee-

I have sent you a couple of e-mails about the Anderson book and I hope you got them. I need your address if you want me to send it to you. If you have already tried, I haven't received it yet. Let me know what you would like to do. Thanks!

Trish

Trish,

I've tried e-mailing you too. I'm hooked up to cable for the internet, so I don't know if that's why I can't recieve any mail. I'm taking it you didn't recieve mine either?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.