Calorie King Sorfware

Vanilla sky

Merry Xmas everyone!

I made a wonderful discovery last night and I would LOVE to share it with you. As I was reading my "collector's Oxygen issue (Clean Eating), I felt on page 115 (Untangling the web). There is a software (www.calorieking.com) that allows you to track your progress. You can plan your dinners, count your calorie expenses, see your progress on graphics, etc. You have access to an impressive data base with all the amount of nutrients/serving (carbs -proteins -fats -sodium -calcium -cholesterol -sugar -fibers). You have to fill out a profile and enter your goals and personal info. From that, you start to track precisely your journey. If you join their club (45$/year), they can built you in advance meals that are matching your goals, respecting the type of diet you are following,etc. It is a wonderful tool Ladies!!

I have been looking for something like this for a very long time. It came up for Xmas. I hope I helped you as well.

In the software, you can customize your exercises by putting down the amount of calories/ minute you are burning. I would love to know if Cathe has a Daba base of the calories/minute(or something similar)that we are spending in her workouts? I would love to add my Cathe workouts in my software and be very precise with it. I am sure we are butrning an amazing amount of calories in her workouts.

On this, I wish you all a very merry xmas!

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I have the FitDay software that I downloaded to my computer (more involved than the free, online version). If you are familiar with it, can you compare it to the software you mentioned above?

Alli
http://home.comcast.net/~fitmom/allisigpostboard.jpg
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one's watching.."
~JBJ~

Hello Alli,

I looked up "Fitday software" as well. It is also mention in the Oxygen mag. I just had the impression that the "Calorie King software" was more complete. They share a lot of the same features but "Calorie King" seams to have a bigger data base than Fitday. I could be wrong though. The part that I find interesting is that you can have the recipe data base make meals for your type of diet, calorie intake and expenditure (balancing the macronutrients as well), varies your meals to your personal tastes,etc. For me, it is a great tool to keep me in line! I have very little time, I want to be serious + responsible about my "clean eating" and I am not a great cook. I found cool recipes that I can make easely and are very tasty. I just started the whole thing but I am so motivated because this was just the perfect tool to make my eating lifestyle at its best.

Like I said, "Fitday" maybe just the same as "Calorie king". "Fitday" seams to be a really good one as well. To be honnest, I wasn't sure which one to get at first!

Thanks for your reply!

Nancy :7

Hi Nancy,

I downloaded the free trial. I have to say that I like this software so much better than FitDay. The database is much more extensive than FitDay's. When I started using FitDay, I had to enter in almost all the nutritional data myself (very time consuming). They have a nutritional database, but it was very limited. The CK software seems to have everything. I like the overall setup much better as well. The only thing that FitDay seems to have that CK doesn't is the ability to assemble a recipe, ingredient by ingredient, and obtain the NI from that. That's not really a big deal for me since I have MasterCook, but it still seems like I'm repeating myself some. There is also a definite price difference, but I think CK is worth it.

Thanks for sharing this!

Merry Christmas :).
Alli
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one's watching.."
~JBJ~

Hello Alli,

I am glad to know your opinion. I glad also I could help you to find something you'd like to work with. Thank you for replying! :)

What is "Master Cook"? It seams VERY intesting!
Thanks in advance!

Nancy

MasterCook is a recipe software. I love it. The one I use is MasterCook 7.0. I think the latest version is MasterCook 9.0. Here's a link to it on amazon. It explains what it is and has a couple of screen shots of the program too.

Alli
~JBJ~

I have been using the Calorie King website for about 4 months now and have managed to lose about 10 to 15 pounds so far. I highly recommend this site to anyone interested. It's very educational, a user-friendly way to log your food and calories. You can even log in calorie counts from different restaurants such as Red Lobster and Applebees and such. Practically any product sold in a store is on their database. If it isn't, you can custom log it.

I don't know of a Cathe database with calorie counts, but I wear a heart rate monitor when I work out. Usually her workouts range from 400 to 600 calories a session for me. The whole workout of Body Max 2 was 800 calories, but that was the only time I ever got that high a count! I've found it very helpful, so that I can do intense workouts and keep track of what I'm eating so that I'm not overeating but not undereating and messing up my metabolism.

For me, so far, CK has been well worth the money. I've tried diet supplements, Slim Fast, low-carb diets, etc., but nothing has been as effective as this website for me for losing weight.

Hello Alli and Step Queen!

Thank you very much for all this great info. I will get the "master cook" software for sure and get a "Calorie King" pro!!!

I hope this can profit others as well.

Nancy

:7

Calorie King is awesome!

I have never used the site for anything other than researching certain restaurant foods, but when I decided to lose weight I bought his book and learned the caloric values of what I was eating. The front section has great, healthful ways to lose weight and promotes a healthy lifestyle. I have recommended it a lot, especially for people who really have no clue what they are eating and why they still can't lose fat.

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.