Calorie Intake Help!!

slenamond

Cathlete
Hey Guys,

I am a little confused about how many calories I need to consume and I would like to know if anyone out there has dimensions pretty close to mine and what you do.
I am 5'1. Weigh 125. I want to weigh 115-119. I am medium boned. I work 2 days a week at a desk job and am housewife the rest of the time. I try to workout 6 times per week, although sometimes it is just 5. I do cardio (Cathe) 4-5 times and strength train the rest.

I feel like I may not be eating enough and I am hurting my weight loss efforts. Please someone help. Thanks in advance. Sharon

Hi Sharon!! Well, we are the same height. But I am small boned and want to weight 105-107. I weigh 110 right now. Let me tell you what I do during the week and how much I eat and it seemed to be working pretty good so far. I work at a school for 3 1/2 hr a day. The first hour and a half I'm busy preparing food. The last two hours I sit at a computer. Then I come home. I workout six days a week. Doing strength at least 3 days and cardio is five days. I eat on average about 1700 cal/day. And I've been losing a 1/2 pound a week doing this. I heard the rule of thumb was, to lose weight eat NO LESS than 14 x your body weight. So for you that would be 1750 cal/day. As you can see, I'm eating about 150 cals/ day more than that recommendation. But hey, I'm still losing:)! Maybe if I did it by that, I lose even more. I just feel too deprived on anything less. OK, well that's what I've heard and been doing, and so far, it's working for me (knock wood;-) )! OK, I hope this helps ya'!

Aimee

Amiee, One more Question

Amiee,

Do you pay attention to carbs, protein etc.? Or do you eat just what you like, staying in that calorie range?

Sharon

RE: Amiee, One more Question

Hmmmm......, I don't go by a 40-30-30 program or anything like that, if that's what you mean. However, I do try to get in 80-110 gr. of protein a day. I really try to keep my protein up above all else. I also watch my fat though. I aim for no more than 50 grams of fat a day. Sometimes I go above it though, he he he! Can't help myself sometimes when it comes to ice cream! My carbs are about 220 grams a day. I keep track of everything on Dietwatch.com. Their services are free and they'll ask your height, weight, goal weight etc..... and if you're in your range, you get happy faces for the day:)! You can log your eating, exercise, and weight there. I really like it.
Ok, I hope this helps ya'! Sorry to get long winded on you there!

Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.