Calorie counting question

shev16

I am hoping someone can help. I read a post from Cathe (can't find the thread now) where she says if you cut 500 cal. a day from your diet and you burn 500 cal. a day through exercise you should lose 2 pounds a week. Very simple except some days I burn more that 500 cal. and other days I don't even come close to that number. Is there a website or formula that I can use to help me figure the calories I should consume in a day? I have been to the websites that tell you how many calories you need to maintain your current weight and you pick you activity level, but I have a heart rate monitor so I know my exact burn number. As you may have guessed I am EXTREMELY mathematically challenged!! :( I am looking for something to help figure my exact numbers based on my exact calorie burn. I have my maintenance number but I am lost from that point on. Thanks so much to anyone that can help!!

Shauna
Shev16

I keep track on the livestrong.com website. You can set up you profile by putting in weight, height, lifestyle and goal (i.e. lose 2 lbs a week). It will tell you how many cals. you should be eating per day. Also, you can log in your activity. You can do it on your computer but there is also an IPHONE app.

Good luck.

I've actually been using the nutrition program through Cathe's workout manager. I was hesitant at first because you actually have to pay to use it, but now i'm addicted to it. You can enter the actual foods you eat and make a custom menu for things that aren't already in the database. It keeps track of everything- calories, carbs,fats, protein, cholestorol, vitamins... etc.

Yes, thank you for the suggestions. I am going to try the livestrong website right now!!

Shauna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.