CABs and Abs - Thursday

angie_nrs

Cathlete
Good morning girls

So, where the heck was everyone yesterday? I didn't get to the computer until about 10pm and didn't find a thread. I thought it was a bit late to start one so I went to bed.

I'm sore as heck today. I have been on a Tony schedule for this week to build up before heading out today. I think it worked. YogaX on Tuesday sure did fry my legs and delts. I don't remember it doing that before. Yesterday I did B&B with ARX and today I have to get in L&B. I'm sure I will be sore for the next couple of days, but since I won't be doing much but sippin on CABs......*lol*

Some last minute packing and laundry today and we're off to the races. Woooohoooo! I just love all the BBQ and CABs that this trip entails. Plus, I was able to drop another pound with Tony this week so I'm feelin pretty good.:)

I'll try to check back right before we take off but if I don't get a chance...have a wonderful weekend everyone and have some great workouts for me! :)

Angie

Hi Ladies,

I was too busy running errands and coming into the office for meetings to check in yesterday. I did stepblast yesterday morning. This morning I did ripped to the core, a total body endurance weight workout. I had my doubts about this one but actually enjoyed it and the time flew by. I may try to alternate weeks of BBC and RTTC in a couple of weeks. I was down 1.4lbs yesterday and I'm pretty happy about that!

Angie-You and Tony seem to get along great. You are seeing results and that's all that matters. Have a great Race weekend and enjoy your cabs!

DEB-Cold Adult Beverages=CABs

Where is everyone today?

Diana

Hey everyone!

I thought someone else would start the thread yesterday and then figured no one was around, so I didn't post either.

Yesterday I ran in the morning (weather was just lovely, not overly humid) and in the PM I did PUB up only + the abs. Today I did Leaner Legs (instead of the planned KPC Cardio Cond. premix) since I missed it the other day.

Let me catch up on the personals from the other day...

Wendy :: well, the PLAN on Tuesday was to do LL…first, I thought I’d go for it in the AM and then decided to try to get to school as early as possible…by the time I got home Tues night, my tank was on E. So it was technically a rest day, but I busted butt in the classroom…and made up LL today... *lol* about picking up men in church. Uh, no. I don’t go to church. Except to play bingo…thanks for the kind words about me to Angie…I didn’t feel at all like I was cartin’ you around…it was fun! I think you’re fine doing interval runs now and then through your training. The most important thing, IMO, is building the mileage safely.

Diana :: I hear very good things about those workouts and have them on my to-check-out list…At the moment, I am funneling my money toward classroom items/supplies, so no new workout stuff for a little while…I talked to the chiro yesterday and she thought she may have "worked" my neck a little hard...she also thinks caffeine is the root of the problem and wants me to be "caffeine-free" by next summer. Yeah. That's likely to happen. Really, if caffeine were the trigger, I would have migraines ALL the time. That can't be it.

Angie :: glad you’re giving the Everyday Minerals a shot…I hope you like them…I imagine they are very much like the Bare Escentuals…I usually do not wear makeup just to run to the store, but I really do not want to leave the house without it on! (I still do, though.) But anyway, I think it improves the look of my skin THAT much…thanks for the pic tip! I will try to remember it…I didn’t see any other teachers in school yet…I wouldn’t have gone in until next week, but I needed to get the futon in there. I posted a pic on the cheetah thread and will share it here, too…Have been working hard to make it look nice in there and am happy with how it’s turning out. It's kind of my little book nook corner...

http://mylalclass.com/room28futon2.gif

Hi Nancy & Wendy!

Have a great night! I'm going to do some work around here and then head off to get a fresh pedi - yay! My feet look pretty busted!

~Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Hey Ladies.

Sorry I dropped the ball as the alternate thread starter yesterday!:) I didn't do much posting at all really and today I am getting a late start at it!:eek:

Y'day I did ISculpt #8 for the first time. It wasn't one of my faves. The exercises themselves were good but the cueing was stinky IMO so I won't be reaching for that one often I fear. x( Today I ran 3.20 miles. Actually, the .20 miles were comprised of 2 short walking breaks of .10 each that I took after miles 1 and 2. I was running at a 10 min/mile pace and that's pretty fast for me to stick with consistantly for 3 miles so the walking breaks were just enough to keep me from pushing that down arrow on the TM during the run!}(

I haven't done any yoga since my recovery week prior to my vacation! I really need to get that goin' again. Tonight is my DH's bowling night so I am going to really try to get some yoga in later on after DS goes to sleep.

Angie: I am not a race fan but your trip this weekend sounds fun! Have a blast and eat and drink some good stuff for me!}( :9 }(

Cathy: LMAO about CABS being the new energy drink! Now we know for sure where our dancing friend got his energy from!:7 Don't feel bad about Church. I don't go either. I rarely even go play bingo!:p I actually like bingo and need to go one of these days. I'll have to see if my mom will be up for it. She used to play tons of bingo!:)
You are inspiring me with your new infatuation with LL. I think I will hit the legs hard this week since I don't have a LONG run to tackle this week. Perhaps I will tackle B&G tomorrow!:eek: When I did that one in full a couple of weeks ago I couldn't walk for THREE DAYS! Let's see what happens this time! LOL Oh and don't worry about building mileage safely. The plan I am following is certainly a slow builder! It only has you increase mileage via one long run every OTHER week! Otherwise I will only be running between 2.5 and 5 miles tops on my "long run" days. How much safer can ya get!? :)

Diana: Step Blast is an oldie but a goodie! I'll always love that work out even though I don't step much these days and haven't done it in quite some time. Well I am glad to hear that you enjoyed RTTC! I am going to have to bust out Jari's stuff as well as the BBC full body work out during my training. I am going to take this opportunity to really change it up and try to vary my weight work outs each week!}(

Okay, I'm off to catch up with the rest of what's goin' on around here so I'll BBL!:7

Hey girls -

I'm sorry that I haven't been around but I've been feeling sorry for myself. I have so many things going on around me these days. I know, I know...there's so much worse but still........

My mom has not been feeling well. Well, actually it's been 5 years -no real diagnosis except for a neurological condition...she has all of her senses, she's just going downhill. Really sad. We have a live-in that cares for her 24/7 but my cousins recently put their mother (my mom's sister) in a nursing home for care and now my mom is begging me to do the same. I'm sick over it!!!!!! Her caregiver is wonderful and I know that her care won't be as good in the home but she's miserable at home with not much to do, etc. I'm truly sick over it.

I recently lost my dog of 14 years.............So sad. I never would have believed how sad you can become over a pet.

I just sent my second DD off to college. So sad. I know I should be happy I just miss her so much!!!!!!!!

My marriage, well, I don't know. A disconnection. It's been going on a while. Alright, more than you want to know. My DH blames all that I go through with my Mom. I don't know..............

Well, if you want to lose weight, try any of the above. It's enough to cut my appetite.

I'm writing all of this to explain why I haven't been around and to explain why I won't be posting often. I can't even stand myself let alone try to be upbeat on here.

I'll keep lurking and if I have anything good to share, I surely will.

Nancy

Wendy ::: see that? We could be bingo partners-in-crime if we lived closer!...yes, I do like LL...and the ongoing leg torture in general...I imagine I looked to you and the other super-buff cheetahs like a heavy runner who needs to lose a few (I am and I do!), but I truly am seeing progress! It's slow and it's subtle in my case, but this rotation DOES work. I was reading on the rotation thread that someone did this one for 16 weeks. Looks like I'm headed in that direction, too. I just love it.

Nancy ::: BIG (((((HUGS))))) There is a lot of pain that comes through in your post. I'm so sorry you are going through a rough time right now. You have every reason to feel like your life is in an emotional upheaval with all that's going on, and I would suggest don't trivialize it. Maybe things COULD still be worse than what they are, but each issue that you mentioned you are handling right now is tough stuff - and dealing with it all simultaneously makes it even tougher. I can fully understand why you may not feel up to posting, and please, feel no pressure to. But if it helps at all to come here and vent or share your feelings, I hope you feel encouraged to do so. You don't have to pretend to be upbeat, by any means. You're among friends--maybe not friends you meet in the traditional sense but friends who care nonetheless. Hang in there!!
~Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.