Cabs and Abs - Fitday Friday

Poochy

Cathlete
Hey Ladies ..

Good news (finally) . . my friend w/cancer is HOME .. yes ... I got to see her ..OMG .. it was wonderful .. she looked great - her color was great- she had energy and was cutting up and being her old self! :D We bought some groceries for her .. stocked her fridge and cabinets .. b/c he didn't have anything .. we bought her her favorite ..chicken and fried okra .. she chowed down .. it was so good to see her eating like that!! gonna take some more to her this afternoon!!

I did power yoga and it helped release some stress .. have a few doms in my shoulders ... my back feels better today .. got another appnt at lunch w/the chiro ..

OK .. better run .. I just had to get us started b/c I was busting to tell ya'll that my friend looked so good and she is back HOME!!!:D

BBL for personals and to see what you girls are up to!!

Hi ladies,

No bootcamp for me last night. I must still be recovering from the overnight stay at LaGuardia as I did not have any energy. On top of that, I somehow twisted my back while getting ready for work yesterday morning and my right knee was bothering me. Wow, what a whiner!

This morning I did 4DS upper body. That is a tough workout. There may be a bootcamp makeup class I can go to tonight. I'm waiting for my trainer to email me back. The temps have dropped drastically to the mid 60's and rainy. It should be good for my 10 mile run tomorrow. The lower body DOMS has kicked into high gear from B&G leg blast premix yesterday.

Laura-That is wonderful news that your friend is finally home and with a good appetite to boot. She is fortunate to have a friend like you! After doing the yoga/stretch with Cathe last week, I need to add that to my weekly routines. My shoulders and upper back are not flexible at all. I'm sure it doesn't help sitting hunched over on a pc all day.

Wendy-Did you come up with a way to fit in all your w/o's this weekend? There isn't anyway I can make up the training runs I've missed so I'm just going to start up tomorrow with the 10 mile long run and go from there. BTW, did you end up with a size small "cardio" gloves in your RT bag. I have a small and would like to trade for a medium or large.

Angie-Hope you are having a great time at the race!

Laura: Oh good! How great to know your friend is back home and doing well. Too many sad stories when it comes to cancer. Nice to hear about those that actually have a positive story to tell! :)

So I went to the gym this morning and did ITread 20 mins #6 and #9. #6 was a mix of everything and #9 was one big hill!:eek: I didn't cover 4 miles because that hill slowed me down so I kept running a bit until I hit the 4 mile mark. At that point collapsed in a puddle on the floor. ;) I still have to do 4DS shoulder and I think abs today at nap time. By the time I finish that I will be SPENT! As it is, I am going to take a cat nap before hitting the weights this afternoon!:p

So I know Ang is having a blast camping right now but where's Di? Hopefully she'll check in soon!

GTG for now but BBL!

Di, We were posting at the same time! Sorry you couldn't make BC class. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed that you can get in that make up class since you paid for it. Yes, I will get my work outs in. Run and weights today, Centergy class tmrw and long run on Sunday. It's all good! :) I have a size Large gloves. I can't take a small otherwise I would offer to trade with you. DH bought me a small once and although they seemed to fit, once I started lifting they dug in between my fingers. It was awful. I can't go smaller then a medium. Sorry. :(

afternoon ladies ..

didn't make it to the gym .. the chiro took a little longer ..:confused: .. taking some more food to my friend after work .. so looks like the w/o will be nonexistant today ... that means TOMMORROW will have to be a LONGER and harder w/o than planned .. thinking a run .. then power yoga!

Di .. was wondering how you were going to make BC last night .. my friend she is such a darling .. will try to snap a picture tonight! I am lucky I do have a very close nit circle of friends.. we stand by each other .. hold each other up .. and dont mind telling each other if someone is having a bad hair day or bad outfit choice .. LOL!!! gotta love it!!

Wendy ... 4 DS is surprisingly hard when you have not done it in a while ..did you check out the clips of the STS .. YOWZA .. will have another DVD to call PUSH UP H#LL ...

Ang .. :rolleyes: where are ya .. couldn't remember if you were camping or not this weekend .. hope the boarding of Maggie goes well .. I hate worrying about my pooches!!

OK .. got to force myself to do this paperwork I have been putting off .. :mad: .. aaaaahhhhh .. come on 5:00!!! Ya'll have a great one .. and I will be home this weekend so I should be able to check in w/you girlies!! errrr .. I mean .. will report the w/o and then hopefully it is poolside I go!! :cool:

Laura, Yeah I saw the youtube clips but we RT'ers also got sneak peaks over the weekend you know!:p Anyhow, from what I've seen STS looks AWESOME...and incredibly painful too! :eek::D

Hey Girls,

I did make to the gym for 20 min interval on the elliptical and 20 min interval on the bike. I planned a 40 min elliptical w/o but my legs were killing me so I switched it up a bit. My legs are still DOMing from B&G yesterday.

Never heard back from the trainer about bootcamp tonight. It's been raining all day so it would have to be inside anyway. Suppose I could call the rec ctr, they should know.

I checked out the youtube clips also. I hate pushups and am not looking forward to those. They are like bicep work, if Cathe didn't put them in the workouts I would never do them. I have weak biceps-it's so discouraging.

Laura-I'm jealous-I don't have many friends. Mostly just parents of my kids friends. Most of my friends from high school/college have moved away or are busy with their own families but we keep in touch via email.

Wendy-Great job on pushing through the long hill. I have a 10 miler scheduled for tomorrow. It's going to be tough but the weather is supposed to much cooler and rainy. That's got to be better than the 95+ temps I was struggling through a couple weeks ago.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.