Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Pre-Order ICE Now

C.H.E.K or Spencer Institute Lifestyle Coach programs?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ellesan, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ellesan Cathlete

I was just looking into applying for a personal trainer job at one of the nicest gyms around my area. I have the ACE certifications and would really love to get a Master's in nutrition at some point but not anytime soon. Anyway, they also prefer someone with a Holistic Lifestyle Coach certification and I'm trying to research it a bit more. The two I found were the CHECK (corrective holistic exercise kinesiology) Institute and the Spencer Institute that offer this. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with either program or something else?

Thanks!

2. NRG Woman Cathlete

I have been to a couple of Paul Chek's workshops, read one of his books and have a couple of his homestudies. Man that man is smart. I find his information really, really good. That being said I can not live the life he advocates. It is just too much for me. I have applied many of his principles and been really pleased with the results. I had thought of being a Chek practitioner, but ultimately the cost was too great and I would not have the client base that requires such specialized training to offset the cost. I am glad to hear there are gyms out there that see the benefit of this type of training.

Good luck,

Shayne

3. ellesan Cathlete

Shayne, thanks so much for the info, just really wanting to make sure it's all legit. It is expensive!!

Anyone else?