Bulimia

Randi--
(((((HUGS TO YOU))))) I don't have any experience in what you are going through, but I just wanted to say how sorry I was and I am thinking of you.
I don't know if you remember me from the RT, but we sat at the same table at dinner on Sat. night. I enjoyed meeting you.
Please take care!

Gin:)

RE: Bulimia - Yes Randie there is a

Hi guys:)
Just got off of work you all are so awesome making me think more positive. It just sucks that my thoughts are way more negative then positive. The negative thoughts just seem to be takin over but you all are helping me out. I'm also on a good medicine it just hasnt kicked in yet it takes 3 to 5 weeks. I'm sure my contining seeing a therapist and dr will help:)
Thanks agian
Randi

RE: Bulimia - Yes Randie there is a

Yes, that is smart of you to realize that it will take awhile for your meds to start working. Plus monthly hormones play a role as well. I'm just happy that you are working at this and aren't afraid to talk about it.

And I'm glad you're seeing a therapist. They can be an immense help!! I saw an individual therapist, a group therapist, and a clinical dietician when I was struggling with my ED. Build yourself a reliable support group. You deserve to be happy and well.

Randi,

I don't have any experience with this either, but I wanted to join the others in wishing you well. I admire you for facing your issues. Sounds like you've gotten some great advice already!

p.s. I saw your pictures and you look AWESOME! Take care of yourself.

I wanted to wish you the very best, keep trying to do the things that you need to to get better and like the others said, if you slip, don't give it up. I truly believe that the tough things in life do need to be taken one day at a time. Otherwise, we'd all go crazy!! I have never had bulimia, but I could swear my sister has had it or has it. I didn't notice when we were younger and living together but when she got older she would go to the bathroom a lot after eating a meal with me and my other sisters. We all thought something was strange, when we would ask her about it, she would just shrug it off. Depression does run in our family too. I've talked to a therapist at different times in my life and probably will continue to as needed. Anyway, hang in there, everybody's got some issue to deal with. Nobody's perfect - thank goodness! Wish you the best!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.