Buff Badgers Week of February 18th

MKEMom

Cathlete
Happy Monday, everyone.

Friday was Tabatacise. I just did the first three, but I am in LOVE. I can't explain why a workout wuss like me loves tabata so much, but I certainly do.

Saturday was Supercuts. I liked it.

Sunday was a rest.

I just finished part of XTrain Legs. I did the standing section, which I really enjoy. I can't quite explain why, but those low pulse lunges make me very happy. I started to do the ball section, but after the hamstring roll-ins, my legs and butt were so fried I called it quits.

I had a great weekend. DH and I celebrated Valentine's on Saturday by going to the outlet mall in Pleasant Prairie and having dinner at the Gasthaus in Waukesha (we both love German food).

Yesterday we had brunch with some church friends.

After lots of non-paleo food, I'm looking forward to getting back on track and feeling good again by tomorrow.

Have a great day!

I forgot to mention that I ordered Horizontal Conditioning Volumes 1 and 2 :eek: I should get them this afternoon. I am very nervous, because my core is in such bad shape, and I know they're going to be hard for me. But, I hate crunches, and I need to whip it into shape.

Happy Monday Funday!

Saturday I had Supercuts and I added the circuit blast from CrossFire instead of doing core work. Had a real good workout. This morning was bi's and tri's and core 2. Gosh darn that's a tough core workout, at least for me anyway. I have a feeling my abs will be feeling it tomorrow.

Friday night went to a fish fry with some gals that I work with since DH was gone snowmobiling. The rest of the weekend was fairly quiet. DH got home yesterday afternoon. It was nice to have him home.

Sam - I'm loving tabata too. It's so nice to have such a tough workout in a shorter period of time. You had a good workout weekend! You have to let me know how you like HC Vol 1&2.

Enjoy the rest of they day!
Brenda

Hi,

Fri. was Horizontal Conditioning hardcore July. Sat. was a rest day and Sun. I did crossfire Extreme. In a few min. I am going out to run. 32degrees is just to nice to do anything else but run. It's been a long time so it probably won't be far.

Brenda, you had some nice workouts in. It's been 20 years since I had a fish fry. Love them though.

Sam, glad you are enjoying Xtrain so much. Sounds like you had a nice night out. Yipee on the HC Vol. 1&2. You will love them.

Have a great day.

Sam---okay, I am jealous. You beat me to HC. I am chicken and just not sure if my core is strong enough. Can't wait to hear how you like it. Karen has been encouraging me to take the challenge:rolleyes:

Brenda---I thinking adding on some cardio to Super Cuts is a great idea if you have the time.

Today's workout was Body Max 2. I did the step cardio, power circuits and abs.

Good morning! I forgot about Presidents Day and, of course, didn't get HC yesterday :rolleyes:

I felt like I needed just a smidge of cardio today, so I did the step from Step Jump and Pump as a warm up, followed by just rounds 1-6 of Chest, Back, and Shoulders. I usually burn out by round 7 anyway.

Heartymax- I know I'm going to fail royally at first, but that's okay... I gotta work on my core. Low back problems run in the family, and I'd like to avoid them.

Karen- 20 years since your last fish fry??? I love fish fry, especially with a couple cold beers. We go a few times a year.

Brenda- That's a good mix of workouts. I don't think my endurance is quite there, yet. I do love how all these newer Cathe workouts are so easily broken up into sections. It's fun to mix and match them.

Have a great day.

Good Afternoon!

This morning was supposed to be legs but I did the Lower Body Blast instead. Haven't done that one in a long time.

This morning on my way into work, someone was driving way too fast for conditions and went flying all over the road. Thankfully didn't hit anyone else in the process. Scared the living daylights out of me.

Karen - I love doing fish fry's. We actually don't do them as often as what we did because the place we like to go to is always so busy on a Friday night. Then I'll usually make some kind of fish at home. Bet that was nice getting outside to run since the weather was fairly decent.

Heartymax - I love BodyMax 2. I think the step portion is fun in that one. HC scares me a little too but I would also like to strengthen my core more.

Sam - Good mix on the workout today. I hope you get HC today. I'm so anxious to hear how you like it. Still contemplating purchasing it.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Hi,

Today I did Xtrain chest/back/shoulder burn set and bi/tri burn sets. Yesterday I ran 5.5 miles.

Brenda, I'll bet a car flying around on the road would be scary. Loved my run.

Sam, I love SJP, good idea using the step as a warm up to other workouts. I know you will love HC. Even if you can't do it all you will see results.

Heartymax, I love BM2 also. The music just makes me smile, kind of like Rhythmic Step. You need HC. They are great workouts.

Have a great all.

Karen---WOW! A total body workout from Burn Sets. You rock!

Today's workout was STS Meso 1 Disc 3 legs. I think my legs miss the heavy weights.:eek:

Good morning! I just finished Tabatacise, so I've got a pretty good endorphin high going right now :D I just love that workout.

Karen- I previewed HC. :eek: It looks tough! I'm not sure when I can fit it in with my XTrain rotation. I'm thinking I'll do it on Saturday instead of Supercuts and see how it goes. It would be easy enough to just skip through and use some of the core work as an add-on to other workouts, too.

Brenda- It drives me nuts when people drive like that. Once someone cut me off, went flying all over the place, then proceeded to flash obscene gestures and scream at me when I stopped next to him at a stoplight :rolleyes:

Heartymax- Give your legs what they're craving :)

Now that I've done all the XTrain workouts, I think my favorites are Tabatacise, Cardio Leg Blast, and Burn Sets, in that order. I'm surprised. I thought my favorites would be Supercuts and Hard Strikes when I first saw the clips.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

This morning I had Hardstrikes and I added on two drills from MMA Boxing.

Karen - WTG on the workouts. All Burns Sets one day and 5.5 miles the next. You go girl!!

Heartymax - I do like the STS leg workouts.

Sam - Glad you are loving Tabatacise. A great workout to love. You never know, you might surprise youself once you do HC. I really like the majority of the XTrain workouts. Legs is my least favorite.

Take Care everyone!
Brenda

Hi

Today I did Maximum Intensity Cardio. It's been a long time since I've done that one. It was much easier than I remember.

Brenda, nice you are sticking to your Xtrain rotation. Legs is my least favorite too. I love the Burn Sets. Those are what I have done the most.

Sam, I think since you have been doing Cathe workouts like Afterburn etc, you will not have a major problem with the HC. Try 2 first. That's my favorite. I am excited to hear what you think of them.. Tomorrow is my HC day.

Heartymax, I love STS legs workouts. Probably my favorite of all the Cathe leg work.

Again, I didn't like who got voted off of The Biggest Loser. They just keep picking the best people. Are you guys going to make up a workout using Cathe workouts for your ideal workout. I am. Looks like fun.

Have a great day.

Morning Ladies,

Still dealing with the female issues, and today has been the first day I'm feeling human. :eek: This has not been fun, but getting better and better every day. At least the constant pain has gone away.

Saw Cathe is doing some greatest hits, and a new series. ;)

Karen, MIC is not one of my favorite workouts with the hi/lo, I'm so glad that you had fun with it. And of course that it was easy.

Brenda, Nice combo. I think Cathe should do a kickboxing greatest hits. :D

Sam, I know quite a few people that like Tabatasize the most. I might have to look into that one for sure.

heartymax, I love that you keep plugging away at those workouts.

Have a great day!

Good morning! I just finished Burn Sets Bis and Tris. Fun fact: I use the same weight for triceps as I do for biceps. That either means I have really weak biceps or really strong triceps :p

Laurie- Sorry you're still not feeling good. I'm very curious about whatever workouts Cathe comes out with next. I want more tabata!

Karen- I've only attempted MIC once, and it was hard for me. I got to the step portion and called it quits. I should try it again; I'm much more used to jumping now.

Brenda- I like Legs, but not as much as Cardio Leg Blast. I think I'm in a very small company of people that like Legs :D I'd say my least favorite was Hard Strikes, but I thought even that was okay.

A friend of mine just found out her baby will be a little boy. I'm so excited! I think I'm going to shop for a baby boy outfit this afternoon :D

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

Almost didn't get my workout in this morning. Last night my low back started tightening up on me and almost went out on me. I iced then did some moist heat, stretched and went on the inversion board and something in my low back went back into place while I was hanging upside down. It's better but very sensitive. I was able to get chest, back, and shoulders in this morning. I skipped the core work though. I have cardio tomorrow so we'll have to see how the back is doing if I'll be able to do it or not.

Karen - MIC... wow.... haven't done that one in forever. For some reason that was not one of favorites. I was bummed with got the boot on Biggest Loser. So do you think Jillian getting all worked up like she did on Monday was planned for ratings. I'm definitley going to put something together for Cathe's greatest hits and submit it. I thought that was a neat idea. Looking forward to hearing more about her new workouts.

Laurie - You poor thing. Sorry to hear you are still dealing with all the female problems. Glad though that it's gradually getting better. Love boxing/kickboxing workouts.

Sam - You can say your arms are balanced, which is a good thing. I know my bi's are definitely stronger than my tri's. How exciting about your friend finding out that she's going to have a boy. When are you trying HC?

I'm hoping the worst of the snow will hold off until I get to work tomorrow morning.

Take Care!
Brenda

Hi,

I did Horizontal Conditioning Vol.3 Nice workout.

Brenda, MIC is not one of my favorites either. I just did it because I looked in the workout manager and it burned more calories than any other workout. I do like one song in the step portion though. Nice job still getting in your workout even though you are having a hard time with your back. I think all the stuff they do on BL is for ratings.

Sam, gotta love those Burn Sets. I wish my triceps were as strong as my biceps. I struggle with tri exercises. Hope you had fun shopping. Baby shopping is the most fun.

Laurie, glad some of the pain is going away. Have you been to the Dr. or did it just run it's course for now?

Take care all and hope you all get to where you need to go and home before the snow hits if it even does.

Morning Ladies,

Well I'm employed for hopefully another year. Had my yearly reveiw yesterday, and it was way different than what I have experienced in the past. I have to say I love my new boss! :D

Sam, Congrats to your friend! I think tabata workouts are winners. :D I can't wait to get back to working out, but I think that I need to start slow. I think I may have gotten slightly anemic during this time.

Brenda, What a great way to get your alignment back into place. Good to hear that you didn't take your back out! We didn't have a lot of snow by us, just 4 inches or so.

Karen, A lot of those older workouts do have some great songs on them. ;) I called the nurse online, and they said that I needed it to run it's course, unless I started getting anemic symptoms. I have not had anything major, just some dizzyness when getting up fast. Not that I have not had that in the past of course. :D At first you have this feeling that it will never end. :eek:

Have a great day!

Good morning. Our internet is out so I'm checking in on my phone. I'm going to keep it short because it's a pain :).

I had a good workout this morning. I did just the combos from imax 3 then went back to the beginning and did the full first five intervals. I think my cardio endurance is coming back, though I had to sub ice breakers for some of the plie jacks... But I've always had lots of trouble with those.

I'll be trying hc tomorrow! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Happy Friday!!

This morning was Tabatacise. Back is feeling a little better but still tight during that transition of sitting to standing. I did manage to get in TAbata this morning. I did all 5 levels. I was having a moment though and forgot that I was supposed to do Burns sets Back. By the time I realized it, it was too late and I had to get in the shower. Wanted to allow myself plenty of time to get to work in the snow. I made it safe and sound.

Tomorrow is DH's b-day and we have appts in the afternoon for a couples massage. I'm surprising him by having chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, balloons, and a card from me waiting for him at the spa. He'll never expect it. One of my sisters and her daughter are helping me pull this off. My sis made the strawberries and my niece is dropping it off at the spa for me. I just have to get the balloons and card over by her when I out shopping in the morning. Then Sat night we are meeting two other couples out for dinner. Should be a good time. :)

Karen- I like going for those calorie burners as well, even if I'm not fond of the workout. :)

Laurie - Glad to hear your review went well and that you like your new boss. Hope you continue to feel better.

Sam - Nice job on the Imax 3 workout. Those plie jacks are not the easiest to do. They take a lot out of me. Can't wait to hear about HC.

Have a great weekend everyone and safe travels!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.