Buff Badgers Nov.24-28

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I will be doing Kettlebell Way 2. I will probably add some cardio in as well. I am thinking of cancelling STS and getting some heavier kettlebells and more dvds. What do you guys think. I just can't make up my mind.

Hope you all had a great weekend. My guys did not get a deer over the weekend. I guess they will head out again next weekend.

How are you guys all doing on your one rep max? I am not doing well with that.

Still looking for a job. Nothing around here, at least for the hours I would like.

Have a great day.:)

Karen - It's funny that you should post about cancelling STS because I've been having the same thought lately! $200 sure would buy a lot of kettlebells and workouts for you. The reason I'm thinking of cancelling is that my workout time is so limited during the week now and with the STS workouts being an hour long with no premixes, I see these workouts sitting on my shelf unused for awhile. $200 for me could buy a lot of other dvds - strength, kickbox, maybe even kettlebell. . . Plus, my goal right now is to lean out - not build muscle - so do I even want STS?

Susan - Glad you had fun at your friend's wedding. 5 kids together is almost the Brady Bunch! :D How long are you going to keep T-Tapping? Are you still seeing results?

Sue, I know what you mean about time and different goals. I find kettlebells really leans you out and is to time effective. I dont workout more than 40 min. on strength days and then do KB or spin, even a walk on my other days and my legs have great definition and my abs are looking good. Besides that Kettlebells are fun. I will probably cancel tonight. Have to talk to DH first.

Susan, nice job getting in your ttapp workouts even though you had a busy weekend.

Have a great day. Off to pick up the kids from school.

Hello Ladies,

Today I did Kelly Roberts time saver workouts. I did both the upper and lower body. It was ok. Something new. This weekend I did Race around the world at the state fair park. It was a 5k and I did it under 30min. Not bad for not running at all.

Sorry to hear about cancelling STS but I can understand. I would hate to buy something and not use it. There are just so many workouts out there.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Hi Everyone!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Thanks for the link on T-Tapping.

I changed up my routine this week. This morning I did ME and went heavier in some areas then what I typically do. My triceps are still barking at me from 4DS Tri's on Saturday. Had a great workout this morning. Tomorrow I'll be doing all cardio. Thinking of Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme. That's a pretty fun workout.

Sorry to hear that you might be canceling your STS order. I'll admit that I did have second thoughts of ordering it but then I went ahead with it. Still not certain what to expect from Cathe's STS workouts.

I've never worked out with Kettlebells before. I've never heard of Kettlebell Way 2. Might have to check that out.

I hope the deer hunters do well this season and get some of those deer. Almost hit two deer with my car on my way home tonight. About 10 min before that I saw 6 deer in a field. Last year right before Christmas, two deer ran into the side of my car within 4 days. Not good.

KayKay - what kind of job are you looking for?

I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Brenda

A new (and short) week :). Today I did circuit max.Hadn´t done that one in a while, it was an OK workout. Tomorrow is the step portion of Cardio Fusion. Haven´t done that in a while, either, should probably take a look at it tonight!

Karen, I guess I want to keep my STS because I am pretty bored/limited on my weight workouts. But if you really think you won´t use it, cancelling is the right thing.

Sue, no premixes:(:(? Seriously??? Wow, how did I miss that? Oh well, I still want my STS!

Dani, nice job on the run. I just saw in our paper that there is a run on Dec. 6 I´m thinking of doing ...5K, too!

Hi Susan and Laurie,and Brenda. Have a good week.

Good Morning,

Today I am spinning with CC after I get home from helping in DD6 Kindergarten class. Yesterday I ended up adding Barrys Boot Camp cardio to my Kettlebell workout. I need heavier kettlebells.

My DH said I can't cancel. He said I made such a big deal out of it when it first came out I have to keep it. I guess no more kettlebells for me.

Lala, I haven't done circuit max in a long time, always liked that workout. It just seemed to be lacking in lower body work for a circuit. Do you have all of Cathe's workouts? I am always a chicken to do races-glad you are thinking of a 5K.

Brenda, I am looking for anything -here's the catch--between 8-3 and no weekends. My DH wants me home with the children. 4DS is a goodie. I love those workouts. I sure hope some of these hunters get their deer also. The deer seem to know just when to pop out of hiding.

Dani, nice job on you 5K and in under 30. That is pretty good, especially for not running. Don't your legs hurt after you are done?

Hi Laurie, Sue and Susan.

I'll check back later if I get a chance to see how you all have done. Are any of you going anywhere for Thanksgiving or are you staying at home and having people over?

Have a great day and if I don't talk to you before Thanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving. We all really do have a lot to be thankful for. Sometimes I lose site of that.:):)

Morning!

Yesterday was a 15 min run outside with Cami (roads where just a little icy, almost fell twice:rolleyes:), and then to the gym to work my upper body! Today will be a 45 min run, probably on the TM at the gym.

Karen, I was thinking on Sunday that I just might cancel my STS order, for the same reasons that you and Sue stated. But I will probably keep it! :) LOL! Is that Barry's workout the new one, or one of his torture workouts? :eek: LOL! So you are forced to keep the STS workouts, I don't think that you will regret it. At least I'm hoping so. ;) LOL! We have DH's family over on Thursday, and then Friday thru Sunday we are headed to America's Largest Waterpark! This will be with my family, which consists of 32 adults and children. :eek:

Sue, I think with the STS workouts taking so long it makes you start questioning your goals a lot more too! Now with the gym membership I would rather have the download option, so I can put it on my I-Pod and use these at the gym. Should I cancel and wait for the download version? :confused:

Dani, Congrats on the 5K, sounds like fun! Hope your Thanksgiving is a good one too.

Brenda, Glad you enjoy Amy Bento. I have her two new KB DVD's that I will never do, because she is just to fast for me. :confused: I'm such a klutz! :eek: LOL! I hit a deer on the freeway at almost full freeway speed this spring. DEAD DEER! :eek: Not bad damage to the car! Hope those deer hunters do well also. :eek:

Lala, Have fun with your short week, when are you officially off of school? All I heard yesterday was 1 more day, 1 more day! :eek: LOL!

Laurie

Hey Ladies! I found you! LOL!:p

I woke up late today and that set my entire day off wrong! I am also achey and tired, have a headache and my eyes even hurt! I think I have caught a bug!:mad: I am too busy to be sick right now so I refuse to give in!!

I am still seeing results from T-tapp, another 1/4 inch off my waist! I am at 26.5 now. My goal is 26. We'll see.... How long do I plan to do it? Well, through the Holidays I plan to it regularly and then in January start doing it only 2-3 times a week instead 5-7 times. Hopefully DH will have cleared out my area by then! ;) Some days I just want to go down there and throw all his stuff out the window! LOL!

Looking forward tot eh short week! Hope to get all my Christmas deocrations up on Friday. I do not shop on Friday! I cannot handle the people and the noise!

Take care ladies! Be back later- Susan

Hello Ladies,

Today was Cardio Fusion. I am pooped, but loving it!!
I agree waiting for STS to come can put some doubts in your mind, esp. with today's economy. After reading yesterday I debated if I should cancel mine or not, but I decided against it. I am justifying it since I refuse to get a gym membership and we have been slowly building up our weights here. Plus I get bored easily so it will be nice to have a different weight workout every other day. I just I hope I like it and it is well worth the wait.

Karen no my legs don't get sore, but that is funny you asked. When I did race for the cure back in Sept. my friend laughed at me and said I run like my daughter on my tip toes. The next day my shins were killing me, so the last two runs I have really tried to make sure my heel lands first. Surprise surprise my shins do not hurt at all. In May I want do do a 1/2 marathon but I will have to actually get out and run and practice for that.

Hello everyone else!! Have a Great Day!!

HI! Today I did a 50 min run. Dani, I don´t think I´ll ever do a 1/2 marathon, so go for it!

Karen, hope you can find something. anything available in the school system? and, no I don´t have all of Cathe´s stuff, but an awful lot:eek:

Tomorrow is our last day before Thanksgiving. Just finished baking 2 pies! We are going to DS house in Eau Claire. He is providing the turkey and I am providing everything else!

Laurie, you might want the ipod STS if you will be working out in the gym!

Susan, I´m feeling kind of like you are right now. Am heading to bed!

Hi Sue and Brenda!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Good Morning,

Today I am doing Lauren Brooks Kettlebell workout. We will be at my mom and dad's for Thurs. and Fri.

Lala, nice run. Hope you have fun at your DS house. Did you make two pumpkin pies? They only hire the people that are already in the system. It's difficult to get in the schools up here.

Dani, great job on CF, isn't it amazing we are happy when we are pooped after a workout. That would be really cool to do a marathon.

Susan, hope you are feeling better today. This seems like it is going to be a nasty year for getting sick. Nice lose from ttapp. That is great, just in time for the holidays. I don't go shopping on Fri. either. Sometimes, I think they raise the prices and lower them to the normal price for sales.

Laurie, have fun at the waterpark. That is a lot of people. Sounds like a good time. It was Barry's torture 20 min. ones that I did the other day.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Hi to Brenda and Sue. Hope things are going well.

Morning!

Short day at work today. Had a good run yesterday, and today will be lower body and a 30 min run on the running track.

Susan, Get job with that T-Tapp. Hope you can push that bug away! I don't go out on Friday either, but my SIL is headed out. She loves it! :eek:

Dani, On STS I figure there are a ton of weight workout there for you to do, and I question if she will be making a lot of those in the future with all that she has available now. So good choice on keeping it.

Lala, I'm thinking that the download will be a great option, just wonder how much they will be charging for those. Maybe if you own the DVD you get the option of a cheaper price! :D One can hope! :D

Karen, I will have to remember those Barry's for my Sunday workouts. I have that day designated as any cardio workout that I want to try! :eek: So I thought swimming, kb or plyo work. I think Barry's count as plyo. :eek:

Laurie

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving. Mine was very nice. We went by my parents, who live right next door to me. There was 25 of us.

Dani, that is awesome that you're going to do a 1/2 marathon. I give you a lot of credit.

Susan, hope you're feeling better and that bug didn't get any worse. That's great that your getting such good results from T-tapp.

KayKay, is it Barry's Bootcamp 5 Day Academy that you have? I had that but sold it on ebay. I watched a few of the DVD's and it seemed like a real good workout but there is something about Barry that I don't like. Glad you enjoy it!

Weds I took a vacation day at work. Got up early in the AM and did Body Max 2. Had a real good workout. In the morning I went to visit my grandma who is in a home (The Samaritan in West Bend). She is 93 and still doing pretty well. The rest of the day I spent cleaning my house and getting my parents house ready for all the rest of the family to come over for Thanksgiving. Thurs morning before all the festivities started I did Cardio Coach Press Play (did 10.7 miles). Had an awesome workout. Friday I did Muscle Max. Legs were tough after doing CC on Thurs. Today I did Cardio Coach #5 and did 10 miles. Tomorrow is my day of rest. I did brave some of the stores yesterday. Got a little Christmas shopping done and did some more shopping today and made a pretty good dent in my Christmas shopping. Everything I bought was on sale at a real good price so that was nice.

Hi Lala and Laurie!!

Have a great night!!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.