Buff Badgers Dec. 15-19

Hello all! Hope you are survivng your snow fall! We have a lot here, at least 6 inches right now. Yes, we have a snow day!!:D DH woke me up at 5:15 just to tell me to sleep in a bit so I did, until almost 7am! Now, I have written up my "To Do " list and hope to get most of it done.

I think I will do Rythmic Step today cuz I miss it and then Pilates Power Sculpt Abs and Power Sculpt Buns/Thighs.

Karen, you and DH are doing great getting those workouts in! Good job! I hope you have fun caroling. I have never been caroling either! I love to sing Christmas songs, but I don't know if others like to hear it! LOL! :p

Lala, you are having some fun workouts it looks like! Christmas vacation is almost here and then you can relax a bit!

Laurie, did your kids have a snow day today? I thought it was supposed to hit the hardest down by your area? Hope your safe!

Brenda, hope you are feeling better! My DS has a cold but I think we caught it in time. Now DH and I feel like it's hitting us but we'll get rid of it! I hope!!

Hi Sue!

Hi Dani!

Drive safe and take care- Susan

Hi, girls! Sounds like everyone is surviving the snow okay. The kids have their 1st snow day of the season today. It was either going to be parties all day or a snow day so either way there wasn't going to be a lot of learning going on. ;) I finally slowed down yesterday when a bad sinus cold hit me. I called in sick for the first time in years. :eek: After literally doing NOTHING yesterday except sleeping and watching TV and taking many drugs (sinus tablets), I feel better today. I would have gone to work today if not for this snowstorm. Driving in this stuff is stressful enough when you feel good, much less when you're not feeling 100%. Our neighbor cleared the end of our driveway and sidewalks so we gave him the loaf of homemade cinnamon bread that DS was going to give his teacher. Since DS doesn't go back to school now until Jan. 5, we'll just make another loaf.

Karen - It's great that DH is doing workouts with you. How much more does he have to lose?

Susan - Don't forget to spend some time relaxing this weekend you Energizer Bunny!

Laurie - Hope you didn't have to drive to work today but if you did, hopefully the roads will be clear by the time you leave.

Hi Dani and Lala and anyone else reading this!

Morning

I stayed home from work today, because if you have to clear your driveway twice it just isn't worth trying to drive in this stuff! DH and the girls are on the second pass of the driveway. DH and I had gone out early this morning to at least get the drift from our garage door, and the end of the driveway where the plow left us two feet of snow! Cami had a great time getting covered with snow. She just came back in, and looks like she could use a good nap! :rolleyes: LOL!

Lala, Are you done with school? My girls still have two days until they are on Christmas break.

Susan, Yep our kids are having a snow day, and of course when DH has a snow day they have to work. :eek: :D :D DH's work closed because he works for a college. Sounds like you have your hands full of things to do this weekend, and so do I. Youngest DD has her Christmas program on Sunday, and DH and I are going to a wedding later that same day. Should be fun. I think we have hit over 12" here, and we still either have blowing snow coming down or it is still snowing. Hard to tell. :confused: I am just so happy that it didn't turn out to be the wet heavy snow that they had been forecasting.

Karen, OUCH! I'm sure that your DS's eye will start looking worse as time goes along. They always seem to do that. Have a great time caroling, have not done that since I was in HS with our youth group.

Sue, Glad to hear from you, but sorry to hear that you got the crud. I didn't want to drive in this stuff either, especially when they where saying how bad the off ramps where on the freeway! And they said that the side streets where not in good shape. I'll stay home thank you very much! :eek: LOL Thanks for the link.

Laurie

Karen - I had to go back and read your post after reading Laurie's comment about your DS' eye! That must have really hurt. :( Poor guy.

Well, I'm not getting much more accomplished today than yesterday when I slept all day. No workout since Tuesday and I'm not feeling like doing anything tonight either. Who else has Christmas shopping to do? I don't have to buy much for starters since we're not exchanging names with our families like we have in years past and I'm only buying for the little nieces, nephews (and now grand nieces and nephews). Just don't have the desire to go crazy with shopping this year. Bah humbug! I guess you might say.

Hey Sue, we aren't going over the top here either. We sat the kids down this year and told them this is how it's going to be like it or not. They know the true meaning of Christmas and that the gifts they get are just an extra bonus. With having both of their B-days right before they get spoiled enough this time of year. They each gave us an idea for a "special" thing they'd like, and said they didn't care if they got anything else.

We don't exchange names in our families this year so I just had to get for my 2 neices and 1 nephew. I am all done but now I have to wrap it all and I hate wrapping!! :p

Karen, I too am sorry to hear about the hurt eye! That sounds like a doozy! Ouch! Does he have to keep it covered for a while? Did you have to give him any pain killers? My DS9 plays football at every recess and I know someday I am going to get a phone call to come and get him to the Dr.! I'll pray for a speedy recovery!

Hi BB's,

Thanks for all the well wishes for DD eye. He did not take any pain medication and he is letting me clean it out and put neosporin on it.

Sue, glad to see you posting again. It's been awhile. I missed you. Glad you are feeling better and so what if you didn't get much done today. It sounds like you needed a break anyway.

Susan, hope you never get a phone call from school for an injury. Did you end up doing Rhythmic Step today?Wish your kids a Happy Birthday for me.

Laurie, glad you stayed home. No sense driving in such bad weather. Are you shoveled out yet? My DH has lots of jobs for the kids over Christmas break.

We are not getting the children anything this year. We got them a couple of little presents and candy for their stocking which they opened on St. Nicks around the beginining of Dec. My parents and their aunts and uncles will get them something. We just got some inexpensive things for my nieces and nephews. We just didn't have the finances this year. The kids are all fine with what they got. I am glad to hear everyone is celebrating the real meaning of Christmas. It's neat way to explain it that presents are just a bonuses.

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Hi BBs! Just a quick check in before I plop myself in front of the TV with popcorn and Tab!

karen, glad that DS is doing so well with his eye. He's one tuff guy!
I hate to admit that we are buying way too much. We told the kids not much this year, but ended up spending more than we wanted :(
We do couple exchanges with siblings of mine who want to participate.

Sue, so glad to see you back! Too bad it took a sinus infection to slow you down a bit:(

Susan, you hate wrapping? Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfNEnXKhf_k

We did have school Friday. We have Mon and Tues next week. Then off to 1RMs!

Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back