Buff Badgers Aug. 4-8

Susan - I feel so sorry for people who suffer from allergies. DH has problems in the spring and fall with his allergies although come to think of it, I don't recall him having a lot of red eyes and sniffling like I've seen in the past. He gets a lot of headaches though so maybe that's the culprit.

DH's surgery went well last night. It only took an hour so by the time I ran home to feed DS after football practice and went back, he was almost done. (It's handy we only live 5 min. away from the hospital.) The doctor came to talk to me when it was over and showed me x-rays of a nice smooth elbow joint with the screw in place. He also mentioned that DH had a small piece of cartilage floating around which he removed. Most likely would have been problematic for him in the future so it's a good thing we decided to go ahead with the operation.

Getting ready to head over to the hospital this morning and take him home. DH already called and asked me to bring something over when I come. He's in more pain than he thought he'd be but I'm sure he'll be back to ordering the kids around soon. ;)

Stayed up late last night after an emotional day. Wrote my first blog about my friend if you care to read it (don't feel like you have to). Wrote it for myself more than anything.

Happy Friday! Olympics start today.

Good Morning,

Sue, sorry about your co-worker. I am sure it is hard for you. Glad DH surgery went well. It's nice your DS is liking football.

Laurie, your sure are having nice weather for your Faire. Did you have a cream puff at the State Fair? Is DD still texting her friends?

Susan, glad you knee is feeling a bit better. Pilates seems to be great for you. You are still trucking along on the workouts.

lala, you seem to be getting along well without your weights. No complaining on your end. I would be crazy by now. But, I love to eat bad stuff.

Off to take DS14 to his pre-algebra class.:)

Morning BB's,

Today I managed to get in a 6m easy run. My pace was 12 min., so it took me a bit longer. This meant that I had to get up just a tad early to walk Cami. I hate the fact that it is getting dark again at 5am. :( It was so nice having the sun starting to rise at that time of the morning.

Sue, Glad to hear the surgery went well, and I hope your DH's pain goes away so he can see the gadgets at the fair. I loved watching those guys chop away with their magic machine. ;) Chocolate milk has been found to be the best recovery drink. Imagine that! I love having a glass after my workout.

Lala, I didn't realize that the workouts where posted on the front page. I saw Susan up there this morning. There is just so much on these pages, that I have not had the time to check them all out. Maybe when I actually have a weekend free, I can do some snooping and playing.

Susan, I'm guessing that you DD has allergy headaches. Good thing that you have found some way to help her though. LL is on tap for you today, that is such a great workout. Oh I am thankful we have insurance everytime my oldest has to see the dentist. I don't know how many more times she has to go visit the dentist. DH showed her the bill and she was shocked too!

Karen, Yep we have been having lovely weather. We still could use a whole day of steady rain, but we can't complain about the humidity either. Nope I didn't have a cream puff, I really don't like them. :( But I did have a brat with loads of kraut and corn on the cob! DH and I also stopped at a micro brewer, and I had a Bavarian Weiss that was really good. The only thing I was disapointed in was the fact that the beef cattle where in the barns, and not the dairy. I'm a farm girl after all! :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Any of you guys know how to start a blog. It seems you need some kind of number or something? Thanks.

Just wanted to see if you can change the color and print of the words. Cool. You can even change colors in the midd le. :)

Karen

Yeah, isn't it fun? :D Most of the time I'm in too much of a hurry to make my posts pretty like this.

Karen - To answer your question about blogs...it's real easy. You don't need a number. Just go to Blogs and click on Post to Your Blog. It looks just like you're posting. Pretty sure that's what I did the first time. If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll figure it out. :)

Sue, thank you so much. You are a genius. Hope your day is going well. Hope things ae going better for you today.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.