BUFF BADGERS 9/10-9/14

Morning BB's,

Todays workout is 30 Min Run / Bryan Kest Tone.

Susan, Congrats on the weight loss. You have been working out consistantly so it is good that you are seeing the results of your hard work. DH and I will be having our date night next weekend. He has to work all weekend. x(

Karen, Wish your DD good luck on the singing of the National Anthem. That is a hard song to sing, but she will do just fine, I can feel it. :D Cameron is around 3 years old, at least that is what they think. I think she is very close to 3 because she still acts like a puppy at times.

Sue, So glad your foot is doing sooo much better. We got Cameron from the Humane Society on Wisconsin Ave in Milwaukee. The facility is really very nice, and we where treated so wonderfully there that I would recommend the place. DH took her to our vet last night, and she has an double ear infection. The vet said that it looks like we got a pure bread German Shepherd. :D And they said we got a very good dog. Now I just wish she would go potty where I want her too, and not when we go on our walks. :D

This weekend DD14 has a meet on Saturday in Racine. DD10 has her ballet class on Saturday morning. My workouts for the weekend are Saturday PS Legs (floorwork) & Abs / BC Cardio only Premix. Sunday I will also be doing Absolute Kickboxing, but I planned on doing the Kickboxing Premix. Great minds think alike Karen. :D

This morning I took my new dog for a trot, and she did great. I'm thinking I have a new running partner. ;-)

Have a great weekend!

Laurie

Hi BB's!

Karen, I think the weight loss was a combo of eating really well and the rotation. I have been trying really hard and it seems to have paid off!:) My DH started a new job and did not have any vacation this year so we did not make it up to the cabin. My DH is going up with my BIL at the end of the month to close it though. It's a "family" cabin and they all have to open it and close it down.

Laurie, I am glad you have a new running partner! I love walking our dog everyday. It starts my day off right! Give Cameron a BIG squeeze!

Today is Cardio & Weights. Saturday is CTX Kickbox cardio, elliptical for 30 and PLB stability ball section.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Susan

Karen - Great job on your 5-miler. So is it a thumbs up or down on CC running outside? Both back and foot are back to normal - yeah! Had a pain-free night at Dojo last night except when trying to do hook kicks at shoulder level. I don't have flexibility to get my leg that high so it hurts when I try. Have to work on that I guess. I'm still getting used to getting to work earlier. I'm not really getting up earlier - just making my workouts shorter so I'll have to figure out if I can split my workouts in 2 and do the other half at night or bite the bullet and get up earlier. It's nice getting home earlier at night and not being so rushed.

Laurie - Isn't there a trick with a matchstick to make dogs go on command? I think I heard that from a dog trainer on the radio. He said that's what they do for dogs in dog shows to prevent them from "doing their business" in front of the judges.

Susan - It always comes back to what you stick in your mouth, doesn't it?

Dojo was an easier workout last night so I came home and finished CIA Powerbar (bis, tris and abs). We learned a really neat self-defense move when someone grabs you in a bear hug from behind. Your take the knuckle of your index finger and poke them as hard as you can in the back of the hand where the veins are, grab their arm, stomp their foot, give them an elbow strike, put their head in a headlock, pull their arm forward as you flip them over your back.:7 Good stuff. Just so you know, we don't really throw each other in class. Well, Master Connelly does to another black belt - sound effects and everything :) - but they know what they're doing.

This morning I did Kathy Smith Kickboxing so I could work on my kicks more. I think I need to give my legs and hips a rest now for a couple of days.

Have a great weekend everyone! DH and I are going out to eat to celebrate our 15 year anniversary which was on Wednesday.

Sue

Sue, I think CC running outside is to much work, I'd really have to be motivated to do it again. I think I need Tae Kwando. Sounds like some defense moves everyone should know. I'll have to try to memorize that and try it out. You are really becoming the kickbox queen aren't you? Enjoy your anniversary celebration and Congrats on your 15 years of wedded bliss.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.