Buff Badgers 6/7

shakeubooty

Cathlete
Morning all!

Well, I am pooped today after 8 hours on my feet yesterday.:p The dinner was a success even though we ran out of cake when we should have had enough. (We ran out to buy more.) The caterer was very impressed by our serving skills. We served pasta, choice of 3 sauces, salad and garlic bread. (I handled the meatless sauce and garlic butter. :) ) We served 270 people in 20 minutes! We were a well-oiled machine I tell ya! LOL

So after so many hours on my feet - first helping to decorate and setup the gym and then serving, busing tables and cleaning up - my low back was very tight and sore this morning. I did 2 segments of Stretchmax and a 15 min. McDonald yoga segment. Sad to say, but the McD yoga DVD is better than other yoga workouts I've tried. Back feels much better now.

Cynthia - 111 degrees and working out! I don't think I'd be able to do anything more than walking but I guess your body gets used to it.

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today will be Cardio Kicks and Seg 1 of Coremax. I also have to play softball tonight.

Cynthia, Susan is right 111 degrees, even if you have AC, must be difficult. Do you also use some Gatorade or something like it. I find that this helps me.

Susan, I can't remember the last time I tried Yoga. I usually do Pilates. Glad your back is feeling better, even when we work out like we do, the repetition of standing in the same place puts stress on our bodies. x(

DD13 received a plaque for Most Improved Athlete for track. She also recieved a ribbon for third place for the 4x400 relay team, and a metal for her first in the 1600M. I'm thinking we are going to have to put up a shelf in her room for her memorabilia.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Happy Wednesday! Missing the shorter workweek though!!!

Sue - I bet your feet and back were sore. That is tough when your body isn't used to that. Sad that the McD Yoga is better than others.

Laurie - Congrats to DD13 for her well earned awards! Hope you have a good softball game tonight.

Cynthia - YUK! I know we have gotten over 100 here at times but can't imagine that hot. Wisconsin will feel cool to you. DH might be dragging you back though in August! :)

I did Long & Lean (Kathy Smith Project You) - 40 min floor aerobics. Slept better last night and what a difference that makes.

Hi Everyone!

No workout today. Kids went to a friends house this morning, so I got my hair cut and a little shopping done. Cooler today. Only 98 degrees. A quick violent storm went through, but didn't cool down outside at all. Unlike WI when a storm goes through the temp always drops about 20 degrees. Not here!

I called Waukesha Athletic club today about a month membership and they are cheaper than the Y. No credit card payments or hidden fees. The Y I think may give me more headaches than it's worth. WAC is $83 which includes everything. Bally's told me they don't do one month memberships, but I bet if I call the Brookfield club directly, they may do it. If you guys no whether Bally's does a month membership and how much it is. let me know. Thanks!

3 more weeks until we leave for WI!
:7 :7

Take care,
Cynthia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.