BUFF BADGERS 11/27-12/1

Laurie, we must have posted at the same time because I didn't see your post when I was posting. Hope you don't have to shovel to much snow. That's a long time to do yoga. Did you like the arm workout yesterday? Are you doing 8-10 reps or the 12? I did Ab Ripper X today also. It's tough but doable.

Karen, I really liked Shoulders & Arms. Again I liked the fact that you only work one part and then move to the next. I felt like I could lift heavier and did. I started out with 5 & 8lb weights on triceps and moved to 8&10lbs in the next rounds. And since shoulders are my week part I did 12lbs throughout, but I may try heavier next time. I was doing the 12-16 reps.

Laurie

Karen - 7 degrees? Brrrrr! It was 22 on my drive in this morning and I thought that was bad. Someone in the office said we were supposed to get anywhere from 0 - 11 inches. Quite the range. Chicago and Kenosha will get hit harder - don't know about Waukesha.

Laurie - Maybe a neighbor with a snowblower will help you out if we get dumped on with a lot of snow. ;-) I'm not a big yoga fan either and 90 minutes is a long time. Hope it doesn't make you yawn. :)

Sue

12/1

Hi there and happy Friday!!

Well, my legs are pretty sore from pushing myself during PLB yesterday. Plus that darn ball work at the end always gets into my hamstrings- ouch! On todays schedule: IMAX2. I hope my legs can make it through!

Sue & Laurie, I am not a fan of yoga myself. That's when I switched to Pilates. It's faster paced and I saw results more quickly.

We are only to get 1-3 inches today. I hope you ladies in the Milwaukee area don't get dumped on too much! Stay warm and drive safe- Susan

Morning BB's,

So today I had to wake my DD13 to tell her that the school was closed and she could go back to sleep. So she is up and playing Nancy Drew on the computer when I leave. Of course the youngest was still sleeping. :D Took about an hour to get into work this morning for myself, usually takes about 30 min. But I took it slow and was on side streets for part of the way.

Today is P90X Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. OK so this is a different type of yoga than I have tried in the past. This is called power yoga and it was very callenging. I had some sweat going and I'm sure that as I get better at it I will sweat more. I actually enjoyed the workout. :) Tomorrow will be KenpoX and Sunday is an off day or StretchX.

So I get to work this morning and I am the only one in the office. I'm thinking my boss may show up, but that is about it. The other 3 guys I work with are probably not going to make it in. }( I just think this is funny.

Have a great day and weekend,

Laurie

Hi All,

Today I am doing PUB. The lake is frozen over here and it is lightly snowing.

Laurie, how much snow did you get in order for them to cancel school? Did your boss every make it in? Drive safely home.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Karen, We had about 4" of snow, but we have blizzard conditions with the wind and the roads where horrible. It is suppose to snow here until about 3pm. I'm usually not one to complain about the drive into work. I actually like driving in hazzardous conditions. Weird I know, but it was pretty bad this morning. And yes my boss did make it in and we are having a blast, he is very funny this morning. I have Christmas tunes going on my radio. :D

Laurie

Laurie, In that case, have a great day. Yes, you are a little crazy liking hazzardous weather but then again my husband is like that also. I am the complete opposite. I'd rather not even drive if its raining. Now I am silly and you are crazy. Enjoy the Christmas tunes. My kids are listening to them on a dvd right now.

Laurie - You're making me feel like a wimp because I stayed home today! :+ DH and most of my neighbors appear to have made the same choice judging by the driveways up and down the street. Waukesha schools are closed (1st snow day EVER for my kids so they're excited!) so one of us would have had to stay home anyway. Hope the roads are fairly decent for your drive home.

Karen - I've heard we're expected to get 6-12" by noon in Waukesha with more in Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha. Laurie is right about the blizzard conditions - it's really blowing our there. DH has been out twice and I've been out once trying to keep up with the shoveling.

Today is supposed to be a rest day for me but I may go stir crazy around the house and decide to do something this afternoon - we'll see.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue

Well, I hope you all dig yourselves out of your snow banks!
We had maybe an inch up here!

I was going to attempt IMAX2 today until my legs got just too sore. They are a hurting today! I am making this my rest day and putting up Christmas decorations.

Have a great weekend ladies- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.