BUFF BADGERS 1/5 - 1/9

Hi!:p

Well, this week seems to be going kind of fast! My DS seems better. When he came home from school his temp was 100.5 but this morning he was down to 98 and he has a cold. He's getting Tylenol cold and it seems to be helping.

Today is MIC Hi/lo cardio followed by Pilates Advanced. Since I have been eating much cleaner this week my tummy is already looking better! Not so "puffy"!:eek: When I started my month of Pilates I was pretty stiff from not practicing it enough. I noticed last night that I feel much more flexible and lengthened.

Hope you all have a great day!

Susan

Good Morning,

Today I am doing cardio of some type. Went snowshoeing yesterday and didn't do PUB so I did it today with DH. It is sick how fast guys can lose weight. Since Tue. he lost another pound. Mine is not going anywhere.

lala, we have plenty of snow here too. You are really getting in some fun workouts.

Susan, is DS feeling better? Hope DH can find something else job wise. My DH really needs to get out of his situation also. He is not one to take the first step though so I am guessing he will be there until his bro. can figure out how to get rid of him without paying him unemployment.

Sue, my weight doesn't come off very easily. It normally takes awhile to gain and come off. Although this time it came on quite quickly. Yes, DD works at Culvers. I am tired of the food already. I tell her not to bring me anything but when I pick her up, there she is with a burger of waffle cone. Sorry you are so swamped.

Laurie, cool your DD is already saving up for what she wants. Amazing how quickly they can get and keep the money if we don't give in an buy them something they really want. Sorry DD is getting body slammed. I hope she tells someone. It sure is hard watching our kids go through things like that. Neat you have an Ipod now. CC are so much fun. I think the next time I go snowshoeing I will try one on the trails.

Hi Dani and Brenda. Hope you and your families are well.

Have a great day.

Morning!

Todays workout was Kenpo+, and I will be doing some type of stretching when I get home. I have to run the "Mom Van" around tonight, so no gym for me. :rolleyes:

Will be getting a new computer today, so I'm hoping for a smooth transistion. Will be losing some of my programs though. :(

DD11 talked to the girl yesterday and told her that I would call the principal if she didn't stop, and it was a body slam free day. Hopefully that is all that is needed to keep this girl from doing it again.

Sue, Even as an adult you where a loser! :eek: I probably would be too! Sorry to hear that your department will be so busy until April. Probably really really busy right after the changes go into effect too! :eek: LOL! My youngest sounds a lot like your DD, and of course is in that geekie stage right now. All arms and legs, always reminds me of a young colt because she is tall for her age and skinny. :D

Susan, Sorry your DH is having to go through that with his new boss, and of course the company will not find out how bad he is until almost everyone leaves. When your DH does leave the company and gets an exit interview, he needs to make sure that he informs them of this mans faults as a boss. No one needs to put up with that.

Karen, What a great idea to use the CC with snowshoes.:D Now I wish we had some shoes so I could do the same thing. We have a nice park close to us that I would run around with those on.

Lala, Ahh so you have all the snow now. We had the snow, and then it all melted! :) It was easy to techo free that week because there was nothing on tv to watch! :D

Laurie

Susan - Glad to hear DS if feeling better. A lot of stuff going around right now. Hurray for a less "puffy" tummy! LOL

Karen - My DH can lose weight really quickly, too if wants. He eats like a teenager most of the time though so has a little bit of a belly. If he stopped pigging out on chips at night and nothing else he'd probably lose it without trying too hard.

Laurie - I told my co-workers about my dream also and they said "Of course you were a loser!" LOL I forget why I like them. . .

This morning I did Timesaver #1 which consists of Step Blast cardio, chest and triceps. The eating feels like it's getting easier. I still have my little treats now and then but not going crazy like I was. The workouts seem like they're getting harder now! How ironic. The working out was always the easy part for me. I enjoy the way exercise makes me feel which I'm sure is the case with you guys,too. I had to keep pausing the dvd player during a 20 something minute cardio routine! I'm sure I'm just tired. At least I didn't quit and go back to bed.

Hi guys,

I ended up doing CC8 on the treadmill. Didn't think I would make it.

Sue, good job on not going back to bed. I have a harder time with the eating than with the exercising. I guess I have plenty of time for both. You got a good workout in anyway.

Laurie, glad things are working out with the problem girl at school. Have fun with all your running around.

Did any of you watch the Biggest Loser Tue. night? What did you think of the cast so far? I used to like Bob better, now I actually like Jillian. :eek:

Tata, have to go to the store. :(

I did watch Biggest Loser! The purple Mom/Daughter team is from Wisconsin, actually only about 20mn from us. My DH knows the woman's husband. It's neat cause our radio station will be talking to the Mom weekly for updates etc.. The daughter was the 2nd largest female they ever had on the show (360).

I keep forgetting to look into that Cardio Coach stuff now that I havea n MP3! Must do that! Ya think I could use it on my elliptical?

Bye for now- Susan

Susan, definitely can be used on the elliptical. That is another neat part about CC, you can use them on anything and anywhere-maybe an bit overkill.:) I'll have to make note of the purple team now. That is neat they are from Wi., I didn't even know that. I did have to miss some of it to pick up DD from work.

Take care.

Hello Everyone,

My DD is finally feeling better. She has a horrible cold and on top of that a ear infection too. At her worst she was just a bear, I am glad she is feeling better now. I have managed to squeeze a few workouts in but I am feeling still a bit down so I have been taking it easy.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Well I am going to go to bed. One more day at the grindstone.

Susan and Karen - I don't watch Biggest Loser but I'll have to checkout the Wisconsin team. Rooting for the daughter especially. It's sad when young people face struggles with their weight. I don't know how young the daughter is but I'm guessing if she's that large that she was probably an obese child and teenager, too, which is REALLY tough.

The daughter is 29. She has a long road to go but this week she had lost I think 13 pounds or so.

Hi! Finally Friday! I don't know about you, but my week went by fast!

Today was a 45mn walk and Pilates Max Burn. Saturday is the elliptical followed by Pilates Buns&Thighs and Sunday? Don't know!

My weekend is uneventful, just chores, errands Sunday school. DH's B-day is Sunday so I need to go shopping for that. He wants ice fishing stuff. I need to bake his cake too.

My diet went well this week. I was down 3.5 pounds since Monday! Good motivation to stay focused this weekend!

Check back later- Susan:D

Hello,

Today I am doing hi/lo knockout or KPC. Tomorrow is snowshoeing and some 1rep max with the chart I printed out.

Dani, glad DD is a bit better. Take it easy and get back to 100% yourself.

One of my DS is home sick today. He was throwing up all last night. Hope that part is over and he can just rest and get better.

Susan, are you doing anything for your DH birthday this weekend?

Have a great day.

Last edited:
Morning!

Todays workout will be Legs / Shoulders plus an interval run on the TM. DD and I will be going to the gym, because I can work those legs really well with what they have available.

Last night our TV went out, and it appears to be the board. DH will call Sony to find out if they will still cover it under warrently (even though that ended spring of 08). If they won't, we will have to get a new TV, because the cost to repair the old one will be as much as a new. :(

My weight report is that I am down 1lb from my weigh in on Wednesday! :D So only 1lb makes me a happy camper! LOL!

Sue, After my DH hit 45 he couldn't pig out on chips, because it seems that is when his metabolism slowed way down. Not easy for him to lose weight like he used to. :) Poor baby! :) You just keep going at it and those workouts will get easier and easier. I have been going heavy on my weights, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I feel exhausted afterwards. But I was. At the time, I didn't think I was working that hard, but then the next day you feel the DOMS! :D

Karen, I'm with you on liking Jillian better than Bob. The first couple of seasons I didn't like her, but then she has really gotten a softer side to her since she came back. I like everyone so far, but then it has only just started. :eek: Hope your DS just needs to rest up today. I always felt so bad for the kids when they got that sick.

Susan, So cool that there is a WI rep. The first thing I noticed about the young girl on the purple team is that she is so heavy that she has no neck! And she is so young! I'm glad they decided to keep her there, because she is young enough to be able to lose weight quickly. At least I hope so. Congrats on the 3.5lbs, we can do it! Just a little piece of cake on Sunday (give everyone else a huge piece:eek:), you should do fine for the rest of the week.:)

Dani, Glad to hear that your DD is getting on the mend. You are probably just really tired from taking care of your DD, so I'm sure that is getting you down some.

My weekend is taking DD11 to dance class, and then we have a party that night. Sunday is just church. WOW I don't know what to do with such a quiet weekend. :rolleyes:

Laurie

You guys are doing GREAT! :D

Congrats Laurie on being down a pound in only a couple of days! That's wonderful.

Congrats Susan on being down 3.5 since Monday! That's almost a pound a day!

I'm down 4 pounds since January 1. I was hoping to lose more this week since 3 came off the first few days but workouts have been cut short. Did Timesaver #5 (legs, abs) this morning.

Hey ladies! Cold here today!:pGot the fire going already this morning. I am off to jump on the elliptical for 40mn and then get my DS up for basketball. This afternoon I will do pilates buns & thighs. I really get a good burn in my hip/thigh are from doing this workout so I try to do it 3 times a week!

I've got to get my hair trimmed and run a few errands too. DH will probably go ice fishing with his brother tomorrow on his Birthday. Which is fine. He should spend his day, his way! He asked me to make him pork roast for dinner.

Enjoy your weekend! Stay warm- Susan

Morning!

Well who would have thought I would have the computer on the weekend. :D I did StretchX this morning. Went to the gym last night and instead of doing the interval run on the TM, I ran on the indoor track. Have to say it is much easier on the TM, than just running.:D LOL! Good workout though. When I was doing shoulder work, this guy is standing right next to the weight rack. I just walked over to put my weights away, and of course he had to move. Whatever! :D

Today DH is taking DD11 to dance class, he can read for the whole time. I think that is why he is ok with taking her. :rolleyes: I need to get to the grocery store, and also find a new hat for my head.

Susan, You are right your DH should be able to spend his Bday how he wants. Mine of course would not be ice fishing. :eek: Mmmmm Love pork roast, just wish I didn't have a DD that will not eat pork. :( I usually only make tenderloin for DH and myself.

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Went to the gym last night and instead of doing the interval run on the TM, I ran on the indoor track. Have to say it is much easier on the TM, than just running.:D LOL! Good workout though. When I was doing shoulder work, this guy is standing right next to the weight rack. I just walked over to put my weights away, and of course he had to move. Whatever! :D
Laurie

Laurie - How heavy were the weights you were using for shoulders? Maybe he's scared of you! LOL :p I actually prefer running on a track to a treadmill. I have this unreasonable paranoia that I'll fall and hurt myself on the TM. My sister really did a number on her knee a few years ago on a TM. The track doesn't have an incline so it's easier. Maybe that's also why I like it. ;)

Hi! Yesterday I was AWOL...went to Mpls to pick up our exchange student. My exercise was walking...through the Mall of America:D. There were some pretty great sales:D. After we got home today I went ice skating for about 30 minutes...felt good!

Dani, glad to hear DD is getting better. You get better, too!

Laurie, you are doing some pretty intense workouts, and, yea, I think that guy was scared/impressed with your weights!

Susan, enjoy your day tomorrow while DH is fishing!

Sue, congrats on your weight loss...and everyone else, too! I don´t want to tell you all what I just ate:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.