BUFF BADGERS 1/14 - 1/18

susanz

Cathlete
Hello there!

The Pack is Back!! Woo Hoo! What an awesome game!! Glad to see Dallas lose as well!

My weekend was full but not too bad. Lots of cleaning and laundry got done!

Saturday I did Muscle Endurance and yesterday I jumped on the elliptical for 1 hour (8 miles!) Today I am doing Max. Intensity Cardio. I can't remember the last time I even looked at this one so it should be fun!

Hope you're all doing well! Make it a good one!

Susan

Morning BB's,

I didn't work out at all this weekend. Oh well, just to busy. This morning I managed to get Kenpo Cario Plus in. What a great workout. My HR was up through the whole workout, and the combinations where great. I liked how Tony incorporated blocks/punches/kicks. If you are not planning on getting the set, and they make these as individuals, this would be one workout to get. I'm hoping the Interval ones is good also. The best part is you get a great workout in only 45 min.

Susan, This season for the Packers has been amazing, and I think they will do well against the Giants. The Giants had to work really hard for that win against Dallas, and I'm hoping that wore them out a little. ;-) You are pulling out one that I haven't done in quite a while either. Have fun with MIC.

Sue & Jill, Hope your weekends where full of fun watching the Packers too.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Day 17 of 12 Week Challenge

Susan & Laurie - Even a non-football fan like me is excited for the Packers! :)

Susan - I don't know about the elliptical but to go 8 miles on a treadmill in an hour is cruising! Good job.

Laurie - You know I'm a sucker for a good kickbox workout! ;-) Maybe I ought to think about ordering P90X+.

Did anyone pre-order STS? I was going to but thought I'd give it more thought. The problem I have with P90X is doing the same darn workouts over and over. At least there's no 90 min. YogaX to do. I also have to consider what gives me the best results and what I enjoy. I like a mixture of strength and endurance - not just pure strength like S&H.

Did 4DS Kickbox cardio & weights this morning. Just got back from a 1.8 mile walk around the shop. Hoping the little extra cardio will get the scale moving again. Didn't lose anything last week.

Sue

Evenin' girls!

I had such a busy day this is my first chance to check in.

I made a new resolution over the weekend as far as working out and eating go. Today was day one and I did well.
Mon/Wed/Fri---gym for cardio
Tue/Thur/Sat---weights at home
Daily-at least 20 minutes yoga
No wine. NONE
No sugar. NONE
Water-- at least 60 ounces daily.

This is for this week. Kind of a one week detox of sorts. I've been drinking too much wine-I brought home all kinds of good wine from Missouri. And I've been having a little treat here and there that has started to add up. So no more! I lost 30 pounds and now have held steady for 2 months. It's time to lose the last 30.

Laurie, for as much as you exercise I'm sure taking one weekend off is a good idea here and there. Yes it was a wonderful sports weekend!!! The Packers won, the Cowboys lost, Marquette won...........SO glad "we" get home field next week and it's not Dallas!

Suzan sometimes those uneventful weekends are the best for catching up on stuff. :)

Sue, how can you not catch Packer Fever? Everyone is crazy right now. Did anyone see Jim Stingl's column on Saturday? It was hilarious, about how the media would be in a frenzy over a Brett Favre burp.

okay time to go. I started typing this an hour ago!
I did go to the gym this morning, what a great way to start the day!
Jill

Day 18 of 12 Week Challenge

Jill - DH wishes I was more of a Packer fan, too. He keeps saying "How could I have married you knowing you weren't a Packer fan?" ;-)

Did 4DS LIS cardio & BBC Leg cardio this morning. Dojo tonight - Please don't let it be sparring.

Did I mention we found "Waldo"? That's what we started calling our missing half million dollar computer when IBM didn't know where it was Thursday and Friday. Turns out, it was delivered to the freight company Thursday afternoon. IBM told us it was delivered to us which is why we thought it was delivered to the wrong company. The freight company took their sweet old time contacting us to ask us when we wanted it. They left a voicemail for my boss Friday afternoon but she took the day off because she couldn't handle the stress anymore so we didn't get the message until yesterday. Finally delivered yesterday. Hopefully we can get it setup in time for consultants next week.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. I will be doing ARX later today and hoping to get in a KB workout too, or some yoga.

Sue, We have that issue with items all the time around here. The only problem is that our people put items where we can't find them. Very frustrating when you can't find a package that the delivery company says is signed for. x( I did pre-order the new STS. I think the variety in this one will be great. From what I can see it will be 4 weeks each of muscle endurance / muscle building / strength. After this I don't see why she would be putting out too many strength workouts. :7 The rest could be all cardio. }(

Jill, Your schedule and goals look good to me. I like how you are setting weekly goals. I think that is a great idea. I do like my wine too, so can understand completely.

Susan, How was working out to MIC yesterday? The hi impact part of that workout always leaves me gasping for breath. ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - I'll probably cave and order STS. I have $60 left on a gift card I'm itching to use. I also read that the legs portion will be more like Butts & Gutts than S&H which sounds good to me. Yes, let's hope the next series is all cardio. I'd still like to see the boxing series come to life.

Susan - Did you survive MIC? I agree with Laurie - that hi/lo is killer.}(

Sue

HI there!

I did survive MIC but there were times I wanted to just give up! I was happy when it was over! Today is the elliptical for 50mn set at "Random" so I have no idea what it will put me through!:eek:

Stay warm! Susan

Yeah, Susan! I agree - the best part of MIC is when it's over!;) You're brave to do Random. I like at least being able to see what's coming up so I can mentally prepare myself.

Is it just me or does it seem like almost everyone is doing treadmills or ellipticals for their cardio?

Sue

Happy Tuesday ladies.

I had to work at the office today. I got up an hour early and exercised though!! I was very proud of myself and can really tell my mood and ability to handle stress is MUCH better when I get that in in the morning.

Sue OMG on the missing computer!! That wasn't just any computer. Glad it was found and maybe your boss has calmed down by now. RE: doing TM or elliptical for cardio, that's pretty much me, too. I don't have a home gym anymore, so no room to do a "real" step workout. I can do some easier stuff like step in the Firms, but Cathe's step requires more room than I can get in my living room. Evenutally I'll take over DS's huge room (it's 12 x 22) and make it my home gym. I can't wait to get my puzzle mats out again and bring my elliptical and stationary bike up from the garage. The treadmill is in my master close (also huge at 7 x 12 so there's plenty of room).

Laurie, thanks. The giving up wine is hard! But I tend to get carried away and need to stop drinking it totally for awhile. Before I know it, I'm having 2 glasses every single night. Not healthy and it gets expensive lol.

Susan, I can't even stand to do high impact cardio of any kind anymore, so kudos to you! I did a Firm workout this morning and there weren't even any stepups and my one knee is still sore. :( It stinks getting older and having all of these aches and pains.

All right I need to get to work. I have a couple more hours to put in yet today.

Have a good night!
Jill

Day 19 of 12 Week Challenge

Jill - Even though you've given up wine, I think if the Packers win on Sunday you ought to have a glass to celebrate! :) Okay, I guess I'm starting to get Packer fever a little. We get to wear Packer gear to work on Friday so I'm trying to decide what to steal from DH's closet. If I had time I'd go buy something for myself but I don't think I will. BTW, you are doing SUPER on your weightloss!!!! Kudos to you. :)

Dojo kicked my butt last night! I was happy to see it wasn't sparring (not my fave). Instead they worked us hard on drills. We started out doing block/punch combos and then we formed lines and moved to the bags and that's when the real work began! We had to hit the bag as hard and fast as we could 25 times, get back in line and do 10 runners & 10 pushups - repeated this several times and only 3 people in my line so we were working hard! :) Then they had us do 15 roundhouse kicks to the bag - again as hard as you could, then 10 situps. The situps actually felt like a break because kicking a bag as hard as you can really winds you. I was sweating bullets by this time. Then we reviewed some Hapkido moves, worked on our Form, and learned the 12 different strikes with padded swords. Who knew they all had numbers? Something tells me the way he was going over them we'll have to memorize them at some point in the future for testing. This Tae Kwan Do stuff is more mental than I ever imagined. DH and I are testing for our orange belts on January 26 (if DH can get his form down by then; I've already received my white stripe for knowing my form :7 ). DS and DD are going to be evaluated on Saturday to see if they can go for green. They've taken classes before and pickup on this stuff much easier than DH and I do. They need to know the entire Form though. For orange belt you just need to know the first third.

Did 4DS CST this morning going a little heavier on the weights. Will do a short cardio tonight.

Sue

Morning BB's,

I'm thinking that today will be some type of yoga. I didn't get a workout in today, because Cami decided that 5:30 in the morning was a good time to take off on me. She came back about 1/2 hour later, all muddy, not to stinky and had a scratch on her head from barbed wire. We where searching for her, and she came home on her own. I was getting ready for work, and just decided to check the back door again. And there she was sitting, with her big doggie grin. But when I said "Where have you been" that big doggie grin stopped, and her ears where plastered to her head. :7 :7 :7 Only one problem I had was I slipped on an ice patch, and must have twisted by knee some how. It seems to be getting better as the day is going on, but I keep flexing it and massaging it. Was planning on doing PlyoX this morning, but I don't think that would be a good idea. :D

Sue, Hope the testing for your orange belt goes well. Your class last night sounded like a great workout. Isn't it funny how children can pick up on things so fast. We older people have a much harder time. Aches and pains, like Jill said. :D Are you getting the two new Amy workouts? She is suppose to be having a preasale starting on Friday.

Jill, I think you are right on getting the workout in early. It does help the stress level during the day.

Susan, Yay for surviving MIC. I think you got that super charged workout in so you could take it easy on Sunday to watch the Packers. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Thank goodness Cami was found! Sorry about your knee. That's what I hate about winter.x( Those darn ice patches! I'd be getting more walks/runs outside if it wasn't for that. Maybe some ice on the knee would help, too. I haven't heard about the 2 new Amys. Will have to checkout her website.

Sue

Hi girls. I went to the gym this morning, so three days in a row of morning workouts. Yay! The damn scale hasn't moved, but I did heavier weights yesterday for the first time in weeks so maybe that's why. I know it will start creeping slowly down again, hopefully soon.

Sue, you BET I'll have a glass of wine if the Pack wins on Sunday!! Hmm when does the week officially end? I started Monday so I guess Sunday would still be on that plan. oh well. I didn't do yoga last night so it's not like I"m following it to the T or I'll die.

Ha, I just moaned about not seeing the scale move and then you say I'm doing good. LOL. Well I'm on the right track at least. Halfway to goal. I think I just got kind of complacement after hitting that halfway mark, ya know? I'm not thin, but I don't feel as bad as I did before, so it's easy to get comfy.

Good luck with your orange belt testing!! It sounds very interesting and it's so neat that you and DH do it together.

Laurie, I'm glad the dog came back but ouch on twisting your knee!! My mom took her dog out last week to walk her and slipped on a patch of ice. She broke her wrist! So you're lucky I guess.

I'm going to be boring and not buy any new workouts from Cathe or Amy. I'll be a rebel and resist! LOL. I just have so many already and I only work out at home 3 days a week (gym 3 days a week).

Okay, back to work. Once again I would say I'm happy to have gotten my workout done. Whew.
Jill

Hello everyone!

Sue, you are doing so well at your DOJO! It sounds like fun, hard work, but fun! My DH wants to get our son into it too. He thinks it'd be good for him. Maybe we should make it a family thing too! ;)

Yesterdays workout on the elliptical just about killed me. I set it for Random and it gave me one of the hardest workouts I have ever had! I was actually thanking Cathe for getting my heart so strong with her workouts! At one point I started laughing cuz I was sure I was gonna have heart failure! So.... today is my day 'off" for the week! I am going to workout on Sunday. I'll squeeze something in before the game! it's nice they are playing later for a change! They have had so many Noon kick offs this year.

Jill, you are doing fine with your weight loss. Take it a day at atime. Don't restrict yourself too much or you'll cave in! Treat yoursefl well, you deserve it!

Laurie, I can just see your Cami sitting on the back stoop. How cute. That's how my dog looks when she misbehaves as well. I too slid on an ice patch this morning while I walked Ruby (or she walked me). I decided not to wear my ice cleats on my boots and that's what I got for it!

See you all tomorrow! Susan

Day 20 of 12 Week Challenge

Susan - Be prepared to pay $100/month for Tae Kwan Do lessons for just your son or $200/month for a family membership. Those are the going rates around here anyway. It's not cheap but we do enjoy it. The kids would go every day if our schedules would permit it. One of these days I'm going to try their kickboxing class. It's 8:15 - 9:00 p.m. so it ends about the time I'm getting ready for bed which is the problem. I hear it's really intense though.

Another topic for you, Susan: I was talking to someone about being hypo and having problems losing weight. She is also hypo and had her adrenals tested and went thru a whole detox thing. She said she was basically eating meat and vegetables only and taking tons of pills. I started reading about hypothryroidism and adrenals and I came across a lot of information about caffeine damaging your adrenals which would cause weight gain and other symptoms. I drink a LOT of caffeine (coffee, diet soda) so I'm giving up coffee and diet soda for a month to see if that helps. I'd like to get my adrenals tested to see if they're out of whack, too but I thought I'd start with this first. So nothing but water, milk and Crystal Light for me. . . Wish me luck! This is going to be hard.

Did Step 'n Intervals cardio last night and Step Blast Combos 1-3 premix this morning. Tonight I need to do some abs.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was PlyoX (my knee is feeling great this morning), and last night I did manage to get a yoga workout in. PY4H Magically Hips. It was a great workout for opening up the hip area, and I have found that my right hip needs lots of work. If you want a good yoga DVD, this one is really great.

I'm having a terrible week. This morning I lost my glasses between my car and my desk. I have my dorkie safety glasses on right now, but I hate them soooo much. I don't know how any perscription safety glasses can be good to look at. They have to be so a certain size to be safe. :D I need to go in for an eye exam anyway, and I know my perscription has changed again. ;( Just hope someone has found them, and will turn them in.

Susan, So I'm guessing that you won't be doing the random workout too often. :D Glad you are taking the time off for your body to recuperate. ;-) Yesterday must have been the day for the dogs to walk the master. Cami was doing the same thing, and I had to make her heel way to many time. I think she picked up a sent of some animal, and wanted to go investigate. The mistake I made was letting her out with out getting that lead first. :7

Sue, I love my coffee in the morning, so I know it will be hard for you at first. But I agree that it is worth the effort to see if it helps.

Jill, So sorry to hear about your Mom! That must not have been fun. ^5 on getting the workouts in for 3 days. What do you give yourself for meeting your weekly goals? I would probably give myself just a small piece of Dove Dark Chocolate. :9

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello Badger girls!

I got up again and did my workout in the morning. I don't know what's come over me but I like it. :) I have never been able to do this before. I guess I'm feeling determined again finally, after about 2 months of being "blah" about it all. I guess I needed a halfway mark break haha.

Suzan, I've been using the elliptical for years and I don't think I've ever tried a program lol. I always listen to music. An ipod was the best thing I ever invested in for fitness. I spend a lot of time creating playlists that match up to the machine I'm using. You know what I mean....the beat; I obviously can't walk as fast as I can elliptical lol, so I have faster songs for the E.

I wish I'd been able to come back here and read your post yesterday. I worked until 8pm and totally caved. I blew two of my five goals for the day (wine and sugar!). I'm feeling better today though. I can't expect to be perfect every day.

Sue, good morning! I didn't realize the lessons/classes were that expensive. You must really enjoy it!

Laurie, LOL @ candy being your reward! I haven't really thought of a reward, but I do plan to do some shopping this weekend. I ran to Boston Store on Tuesday while at the office to exchange something, and holy mackeral do they have a sale! They didn't have the exercise pants I was exchanging-my MIL got me a large and they were too big, yay. So I ended up returning them and picking up another pair-they were marked $30 and were on clearance for $7.99. Wow!

I could use a few things for work since I'll be there two days a week for awhile soon. And my mom needs some tops that she can wear with her cast on. So we plan to go Sunday morning I think. DS18 works all day Saturday so he won't be around and I don't want to take DS15 with me shopping. Of course we'll have to be back in time for THE GAME.

:)

HAGD all!!!!

Hello there!

Sue, I will let you try to go the de-caf route and tell me how it goes! LOL! If it works for you, then maybe I'll give it a chance! ;-) Good Luck!

I told my DH I thought lessons would be pricey. Plus we are so busy as it is when are we going to squeeze it in? Hmmmm..

Well, I checked over my rotation and I am supposed to do BodyMax today. However, I am way too busy and it is a long workout so I may have to go back on the elliptical again. I have Circuit Max on the list for tomorrow so I don't know why I had BodyMax written for today anyway! I think I'll do Extreme Heart Rate for 40mn. And Jill, you should try one on the programs on the machine! They can be really fun and they help you push yourself harder than going it alone. My DH has never used a program either and tells me he "never" will...

I am major PMSing this week and I cannot eat enough carbs! I hate that!! I try so hard to stay away but I swear I smell pretzels(my favorite) and I start to salivate! Must get more focus!!x(

Laurie, Ruby ran me right into a snow bank this morning! She flew over the snowbank and I crashed right into it! Grrrrr...

Jill, congrats to getting those morning workouts in! I wish I had enough time to do that but then I'd have to be up and moving by 4am and that's just not happenin'!

C U L8TR! Susan

Morning BB's,

This mornings workout was Back & Biceps. ARX is for later tonight along with a 30 min run. I do wan't to get some errands done tonight. DD14 needs to get some clothing for running outside. I don't know that I will have time this weekend to do any running. My sister is coming over tomorrow so I can help her make her DD a cowgirl outfit, and Sunday is our first workshop for faire. And of course there is the game too. :D

Susan, I wonder what is going on with our dogs. This morning Cami was acting the same way she did when she ran off. But I was much smarter this morning, and wouldn't let her out when she was crying at the back door. :D She must have picked up a scent and wanted to go investigate. But she was pulling like crazy toward the end of the walk. Have fun with your workouts this weekend. Do you like the hard pretzels or the soft. My P90X nutrition guide has the sour dough pretzels on it. From the information I have gotten the sour dough is a carb that is slow release.

Jill, Maybe I should go shopping tonight. I need to take something back to a store at Brookfield Square. What a great price to pay for exercise pants. Did they have a flier in the paper, I should probably look before we head out. Guess I'm getting closer to going out tonight in the cold. :D

Sue, How is your no caffeine day working out for you so far?

This weekends workouts will be Yoga Zone Power Yoga, and Legs & Back / ARX / and some type of 30 min Interval workout.

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.