Bringing up the Rear Check-In

STS legs made me sore for a week every time!!!! I think I cursed a lot during those :)
Ewwww snow, that stinks. That's going to be a cold game tonight!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I had an all-day workshop so no time to post. I have to go back today for a morning workshop. So exciting. :( I did get my Get Glutes workout in Tuesday night though.

Carolyn Meso 2 always made my legs hurt for about a week. I would just be starting to feel better when I had to do the next one.

Amanda Oh that sounds exciting to start a new program and awesome that you are already seeing results with Zuzka.

Have a great day ladies!

Hi ladies!
Last night I did Zuzka's lifted butt w/o #2 this one was lunges, gbs, 1 leg gbs, courtesy lunge with side kick, squats, burpees with squat jumps and sumo squats for 2 rounds. I also did triceps. My legs were tired!
Have a good day!

Last night I did Get Glutes. I got really cruddy sleep last night and I don’t know why. I think it is because DH did not go to bed at the same time as me like usual. So I kind of laid halfway awake waiting for him to come in. At least it is Friday and the weekend. Saturday, DH and I will be having Easter lunch with my family and then I am hoping for a lazy Sunday!

Amanda You have really been working your legs hard. Are you working legs everyday? I am interested to see what your results are at the end. I bet you will have hot legs!

Have a great day!

Yesterday I did Zuzka's ZWow for the week which was 20 jump lunges in between each set of about 6 ab exercises for 2 rounds. Today was a ZShred which was 50 seconds of jump rope between each of 12 exercises like mountain climbers, squat kicks etc.
Yep trying to work my legs pretty hard. After this month of Zuzka's lifted butt I may do Zgym and Bret's gorgeous glutes. My legs definitely are feeling stronger and more solid so that's good. ..... maybe they'll be hot legs some day!
Happy Easter!

Ugh!! So Saturday was a good day. I did Get Glutes in the morning and then had Easter lunch with my family and spent the rest of the afternoon with them. Sunday morning I did Get Glutes and then spent the afternoon napping. Sunday night I started to come down with something and by Monday morning it was full blown whatever it is. I ended up calling into work and sleeping and drinking water the whole day. I went to bed super early last night getting like 10 hours sleep and still feel exhausted. Not sure what is going on. I am supposed to do Get Glutes again tonight but I am going to have to wait and see how I feel.

Have a great day!

Hope you feel better Julie!
Sunday I did Zuzka's lifted butt yoga which was kinda like floor work that Cathe does. Yesterday I did Zuzka's lifted butt #4 and a little bit of shoulder work.
Have a good day!

Yesterday I did Z lb #5 then added in more shoulder work, I didn't do everything I wanted to from Monday. I also added some band abductions and deadlifts.
Have a great day!

I was actually feeling up to working out last night when I got home. I did Get Glutes (of course) and it felt really good to move. I thought my lifts might suffer but really the only lifts that were off were my pullups. I can tell my eating has not been the best because I always struggle with pullups after I pack on a few pounds. Oh well, just move forward to fix it.

Have a great day!

Oh no Carolyn, I am so sorry. Back strains are the worst. I am so glad to see you are resting. I am hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

Carolyn I hope your back is feeling better, that stinks

Today I did the Zwow of the week along with bicep work, raised gbs and deadlifts.

Hope you have a good rest of the weekend.

Today I did two Zuzkas since I skipped Friday. It was the Zshred and lb yoga #6. The yoga was really good, I can already feel the DOMS setting in.
I hope you both are feeling better.
Have a good night

Friday I ended up taking a half day at work. It was so beautiful this weekend and now it is supposed to rain the rest of this week. Saturday, we went to the dog park with my mom’s dog and our dogs. It was so much fun watching Ozzie and Sweetheart run around and play. Maggie and I just ambled about sniffing things, well Maggie sniffed things, I ambled. I did do Get Glutes on Saturday and Sunday. Then it was lazy day all Sunday.

Carolyn I hope you have a great workout and that your back continues to heal. You did so good letting it rest a full week.

Have a great day!

Yea Carolyn! So glad you are feeling better. Yesterday was a rest day for me but I am hoping I can wake up enough by this afternoon to have a killer Get Glutes session.

Have a great day!

Yesterday I did Zuzka's lb #8.
I'm really liking raised glute bridges lately, I think I feel the burn the most when I do them this way.
Have a good day!

Last night I did Get Glutes.

Amanda I have been doing my glute bridges using the step and two risers. I much prefer it this way to feet on the ground. I feel it more in the glute and less in the quads.

Have a great day!

This week has been crazy busy at work. So far next week is not looking good either. I did get my Get Glutes workout in last night. I am so excited today is Friday and the weekend is here. Now if the weather would just get nice again. Last night on the way home we were at 48 degrees. Um I thought it was May 1?!

Carolyn You did good stopping those side planks since they were bothering you. I used to be really horrible about that but I think I have been getting better at listening to my body.

Have a great weekend!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Now it is back to the grind for 5 days. I did Get Glutes on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, DH and I also started converting one of the spare bedrooms into a weight room. We hauled 100 pound horsemats from the garage into the bedroom to cover the floor. I was actually surprised at how well I did helping DH carry them and how I wasn't really that sore the next day.

Have a great day!

The mats I am using are horse stall mats. They are super thick and meant to withstand a 1000 pound horse standing on it. The room we are converting has ceramic tile flooring so I wanted to make sure it was completely protected. I researched a lot and most people who build their own home gyms buy horse stall mats because they are cheaper than buying weight room gym flooring and are actually better quality. We are not quite done but once we are I will try to post some pictures.

Carolyn For the flat versus 45 hypers, I seem to remember Bret saying he favored one over the other but I can't for the life of me remember which one and cannot find the post either. Regardless of what he favors, doing either of them will get you good results. I personally think the 45 degree hypers are a little easier and less stressful on your hamstrings than the flats. The advantage of the flat is that you could also use the same equipment to do reverse hypers. You might be able to using the 45 but it might be a little awkward since you will be more vertical than horizontal. Hope that helped a little.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.