Breast augmentation

I had a breast augmentation two years ago. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. It was totally worth the money I spent. I went from an A cup to a double D. Not because I was screaming for attention as some may think, but because it was the right proportion for my body. By the way, I am 5' 2" tall and a size 3. My husband was amazed at how much they balanced out my body as I am very curvy.
Plastic surgeons do not go by cup size, they go by cubic centimeters of the implant. The new silicone implants are amazing, no way they can leak. Mine look and feel real. No one knows I had it done unless I tell them. Do your research and get a board certified surgeon. Ask to see pictures of his work and patient testimonials.
I still do heavy chest work, but not as much as I used to because it is not necessary. Mine are under the muscle which I highly recommend as it is more natural looking.
And yes, you will get negative comments, but who cares, do it for you. good luck

I don't think it is necessarily all about "size". I've only had one kid and breastfed and I already more than understand why someone would want some augmentation after this! The girls ain't what they used to be! I'm scared what these babies will look like after having another kid or two. I have a friend who has had 5 and now her breasts are non-existent and for lack of a more dignified way to put it - hang down to her waist. She used to be a C. I don't blaim her at all for wanting a lift and some small implants to get back to looking normal. And for those who want to increase there size just for the heck of it, hey, that's their business and if it makes them feel better about themselves, great! I personally will just have to live with the old "national geographic boobs" I guess (not there yet, but working on it). I wouldn't want to go through surgery and then have to worry about doing it again at some point. No thanks. But that's just because I'm a sissy not because I wouldn't want it! ;)

Four breastfed kids here..... I don't regard the procedure so much as augmentation, but rather reconstruction!

I have a friend that is 5'3 and she is a D cup. She never had her breast done she is all natural and she has alway thought that her breast were too big for her petite frame she is a size 4. Her breast are pretty big for her height but I tell her not to worry about it to just love herself. I couldn't imagine her with DD's a D cup is big enough for her small curvy body. I am 5'8 and I am a small D cup and couldn't imagine myself as a DD either! Everyone is different so if someone wants a DD that is their choice but a DD is not going to look natural with a body type that is petite whether the person is curvy or not. I mean I'm 5'8 and a DD would look pretty big on me, imagine my friend who is 5'3 as a DD they would look huge. But for anyone thinking of getting implants go for it but don't go too big!

I have a friend that is 5'3 and she is a D cup. She never had her breast done she is all natural and she has alway thought that her breast were too big for her petite frame she is a size 4. Her breast are pretty big for her height but I tell her not to worry about it to just love herself. I couldn't imagine her with DD's a D cup is big enough for her small curvy body. I am 5'8 and I am a small D cup and couldn't imagine myself as a DD either! Everyone is different so if someone wants a DD that is their choice but a DD is not going to look natural with a body type that is petite whether the person is curvy or not. I mean I'm 5'8 and a DD would look pretty big on me, imagine my friend who is 5'3 as a DD they would look huge. But for anyone thinking of getting implants go for it but don't go too big!

Do you realize cup size is relative to your band size? A 36 D is the exact cup size to a 34 DD and a 32 DDD. This is why so many women wear the wrong bra....too hung up on cup size.
Also, a natural size D is larger in appearance compared to a implanted DD cup (with same band width).

Not sure why you would want to implant to a DD. I am a natural DD and I am only 5' tall. I look always ~10 pounds heavier than I am because of the girls. I have back and neck issues from slouching to hide them when I was younger. My 18 year old is a GG and I am paying for her reduction because the poor child is in constant pain.

That is not always true. Like I said in my earlier post I am a D cup and I was told once at Victoria Secret's that I could wear a 34 DD because they were out of the particular color bra that I wanted in a D cup but they had it in a 34 DD. I went into the fitting room and tried the 34 DD on and it was too big! My breast had a lot of room in the cups. Now some women that wear a D cup may be able to wear a 34 DD but this depends on the shape I believe, of each person's individual breast. I am also wearing the correct bra size because I have been measured twice before and measured a 36 D. I can't wear a C cup because I get breast that hang under and out of any C cup bras that I try on. Maybe a person that has breast implants can perfectly fill out a 34 DD if they are a D cup because breast that have been implanted sit different then natural breast that hang. But my point now and my point from my original post is that a DD will look too big on a small or petite person.

I don't want to implant to a DD I am already a D cup. I wrote this reply to another poster who said that she was 5'2 and wore a size 3 and had gotten her breast done and was now a DD.

Well it is true for me I am a D cup and when I tried on the 34 DD bra that the sales lady suggested it was a little to roomy in the cups. Not all D cup breast or any breast are shaped just alike.

Well it is true for me I am a D cup and when I tried on the 34 DD bra that the sales lady suggested it was a little to roomy in the cups. Not all D cup breast or any breast are shaped just alike.

Breast shapes aside....When you hold 36D 34DD 32DDD bras together, the cup sizes are the same.

I had breast reduction surgery after I had my son since the girls stayed a DD/E even after I lost the pregnancy weight.... wayyyy too big on my 5'0 frame. Although some gals think I was "one of the lucky ones" to have "kept" my big-girls, I def didn't feel that way. I've always been well endowed since puberty (and VERY self-concious to be called Dolly Parton in the most impressionable tween & teen years) so my take on getting the girls to a place that makes you feel comfortable and good about yourself is GO FOR IT!! I went down to a C cup and have been very glad I did it.

Best of luck to you!! And happy healing!

Pam

Fit 44 I read the link that you posted regarding the fact that a lot of women are wearing the wrong size bra and in that article it also stated that different types of bras can run different in size. This is also true about shoes. A person can wear a size 8 in a shoe but in certain brands a 8 could be too big or small. But back to cup size and bras...the one bra that I tried on which was a 34 DD did not feel right on me so that is why I didn't purchase it. My posts have been regarding my opinion on breast implants which I have said that nothing is wrong with getting implants as long as a woman doesn't go too big. This is just my opinion but anyone that wears a DD or DDD is going to look too big in my opinion unless the person is overweight. Any woman that is petite or skinny with breast that are DD or DDD will look like their breast are too big.

The whole bra/cup size thing finally got to me after spending too many hours trying on a zillion different bras. So, I went to Dillards and had a professional bra-sizer measure me and got me into the right bras. The girls are very thankful!! I highly recommend getting fitted professionally!

The whole bra/cup size thing finally got to me after spending too many hours trying on a zillion different bras. So, I went to Dillards and had a professional bra-sizer measure me and got me into the right bras. The girls are very thankful!! I highly recommend getting fitted professionally!

ITA! Victoria's Secret is not the best place to go for sizing.

I guess I must have hit a nerve. You seem upset so I take it that you must have breast implants, like I said before nothing is wrong with getting implants. You keep referring to cup sizes in bras I am talking about people that are 34 DD, 36 DD, and so on. A person that wears a C cup doesn't look like they have DD breast that is impossible! A person that wears a 36 C but can also fit into a bra that is a 32 DD is not because they are really a 32 DD it is because they did in fact measure a 36 but might can fit into a 32 DD because it is a bigger cup size so that may allow more room. This is also true for someone that wears a 36 D if that person can fit into a 34 DD they can do so only because the larger cup size gives them more room so that their 36 inch measurement can be upheld. I have been measured with the tape and i measure 36 inches but you want be to believe that I am really 32 inches?? My whole point is that a person that has had DD implants let's say they measure 32 DD tell them to go stand next to a person that has had 36 C cup implants and you tell me who is going to look bigger.

I must also say that I said earlier that I have been measured twice. The first time I was measured it was at Dillards and the last time it was at Victoria Secrets! ;)

You keep referring to cup sizes in bras I am talking about people that are 34 DD, 36 DD, and so on.

You labeled DD cup size as too large. According to you, it's okay to be anything but a DD. You never posted band widths prior to this post. I'm merely stating facts. The cup size size goes up as the band width goes down (the actual cup size remains the same no matter how you slice it). How many women do you know wear the wrong size clothing because they are so hung up on a size?

Last edited:
Yes the cup size may go up and the band size may go down like you have stated but we all actually measure something. I measure a 36 in band size that is a fact if I can fit into a 34 inch band size because the cup is bigger that only means that is because the cup is bigger so it gives more room. If I put on a 34 D cup bra it would be tight because I am a 36 D I might only be able to fit into the 34 DD because it is just bigger all together and the DD gives more room. We are also talking about breast implants here if a woman get DD implants compared to someone that has gotten a C cup implant they are going to look a lot bigger no matter what band widths that the women measured.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.