Boot Camp or Body Max 2?

mommy2

Help me pick between Boot Camp or Body Max 2 please! I'm trying to collect all the videos recommended by Muscle Guy for his 5 week Muscle Building rotation.

Thanks in advance!

I'd definitely say Body Max 2 b/c it has alot more premix options one of which is a bootcamp-inspired premix. It also has a great upper body premix that fries my upper body everytime. BM2 is just a more versatile dvd.

I agree that I like BM2 better than Boot Camp; however, BM2 has step (which I do love). If you are not a step person, you may prefer Boot Camp, which I know others love more.

Well, you just can't go wrong with ANY Cathe workout IMHO, but I do prefer BM2 over BC. I personally prefer step over other cardio. Just did BM2 yesterday. Great workout. All 100 minutes of it!

Gin:)

This is tough decision. I find BC to be a tough, tough workout, although not as long as BM2. BC is one of those workouts for me that never fails to slay me and the core work is quite fabulous. I like to do the Everything but core premix then go back and do the core only premix. You can't go wrong with either and I agree with what everyone else has said for why you might want to choose BM2!
Angela:7

I see I am going against the grain here, but I love Boot Camp and would get that one if I had to choose one (I do have both). I love a workout that gets it ALL done and kicks your butt totally, and all in 60 minutes. I go for BC again and again.

~ Ann ~
Aim for nothing, and you'll hit it every time!

Another plus for Boot Camp is that it has Muscle Endurance on the same disc, and there are many premixes of each individual workout, as well as a bonus premix that (I think) combines Boot Camp AND Muscle Endurance.

And, the core section of Muscle Endurance, which incorporates a med ball to great effect, is one of my favorites. Boot Camp also has a core-only premix.

That being said, I'd hate to have to decide between the two because I love Body Max 2 too. I'm sure my response is of infinitesimal help to you. To.

A-Jock

I love Boot Camp, but the premix that combines Muscle Endurance and BC is really awesome too! It really makes me sweat!

Hello,

I guess it depends on what you enjoy doing most? Step cardio or weight training. If you prefer weight training over cardio then buy Boot Camp because it has more weights that can challegne you. There is only interval cardio in Boot Camp that you can do on it's own or as a complete workout. If you enjoy step cardio then go for BM2 as the step segment is very fun to do with some intricate choreography. There are premixes that are called Bootcamp, cardio step only, cardio & weights etc. However, the weights segment in BM2 is not challenging enough for me and I prefer Muscle Endurance over that.

Why not just get both, so you don't have to choose?

Yen

If you already have some step workouts, I'd go for Boot Camp/ME. If you don't have many step workouts and like that for your cardio, go for BM2.

Thank you all for your replies! Sounds like I just have to get both! LOL. I like doing weights over cardio but I thought I'd need to shake things up a little bit. I just love Cathe to pieces. She is changing my body!

I would definitely get both! I actually prefer BC, but Body Max 2 is also wonderful. I'm also planning on starting the rotation by Muscle Guy next week- looks like a good one.

MuscleGuy,
I'm going to start your rotation shortly- The only w/o I don't have from your rotation is KM-what can I use as a sub-KPC? I have most of Cathe's other w/o's. Are you still using this rotation or have you created another rotation that's good to use following this one?

Thanks for your help.

:)

Yes, you can use KPC, or any other cardio workout you prefer on the KM days.

I did the rotation for the five weeks, then did a mix of other workouts for two weeks asa sort of rest....then did the five-week rotation again but increased the weights. Periodisation.

It definitely works, and builds muscle, but I recommend a break before doing it again.

MuscleGuy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.