Boot Camp - My oh my!

Runcrazy

Cathlete
I was pretty happy yesterday after completing Boot Camp - though it kicked my butt - I wasn't completely wiped out. Today however, I find I am hurting in core areas that I think have never been worked before! I love all the core work! I can't wait to do it again! :) Now I understand why those of you VHS'ers who have been already doing these workouts for several weeks are seeing such great results.

I love Bootcamp! Mostly for all the AB work she does. It is such a fun full body workout! Glad you liked it!! Susan
P.S. How did you survive those terminator climbers? ;-)

Terminator Climbers!!

I used to be in the Navy, and in bootcamp we really had to do those terminator climbers!! But, only when we got in trouble!!! Or if one person screwed up, it would be everyone's punishment to do those!!

Danielle
:D

RE: Terminator Climbers!!

>I used to be in the Navy, and in bootcamp we really had to do
>those terminator climbers!! But, only when we got in
>trouble!!! Or if one person screwed up, it would be
>everyone's punishment to do those!!
>
>Danielle
>:D
Boy, would I have gotten you into trouble. Those things KILL me. I can't even close keep up to the pace she is doing them at. I have to find a way to build up to it. Does anyone else have that problem? Is it possible to do them slower, so you're not doing as many, but doing it for the full time, and then try to speed up?

I find I totally lose form if I try to keep up.

What have other people done to overcome?

Wicked workout! I love it!
:eek:

I would say I did "OK" for the first time through on the Terminators. The pace took me by surprise. I think by the 3rd time I do Boot Camp I'll be right in there!

I wouldn't expect people to easily follow that pace of the workout the first time. Once you know what to expect, you can mentally prepare yourself, then you'll do fine.

Danielle :)

I did Boot Camp today for the first time and LOVED it. It was so much fun. It wasn't as tough as I imagined. I really appreciated all those little breaks Cathe gave us. I expect that I'll be very sore tomorrow.

I got through almost all of the cycles. I had a few problems when I didn't quite know what to expect. I got thrown for a loop when Cathe said that there was one more set of jacks (I think??) and then followed it up with 12 airborne jacks. I need to mentally psyche myself up for that kind of stuff. I previewed it but you never really get the feel for a workout until you do it.

Whew! I just got done doing BC and it kicked my butt! In a good way of course! :D That's the best workout I've had in a while. It was a nice refreshing change from the ordinary. I'm attempting to do the Body Blast Rotation and just started it today. Cathe is something else, isn't she! :7 Gotta love her!

I too did Bootcamp for the first time last night - WOW! I am sore in many places this morning, most likely from that core work. I found this to be an extremely challenging and fun workout, but again I say challenging! I think the pieces themselves are not what kill me; rather it's the pace and the rapid switch from one thing right into the next. I did 6 of the 8 circuits, but I'm not beating myself up over it, next time I will do all 8. Cathe said this workout is intended to improve your overall stamina and I can see that’s exactly what it’s going to do! I’m putting this little gem in my rotation once a week and look forward to seeing the results. ;-)

Well, I sort of did BootCamp! I managed only some of this and some of that and blah, blah, blah. I'm not quite ready to run with the big dogs. Do I get credit for trying?? :) Bethc

Yeah... I like the possiblity of growing into a workout. Just think how boring and ineffective a workout would be if you could do everything well the first few times around. This series definitely gives us something to work up to!

What helped me get through it was that Cathe was having such a hard time after some of the cardio sections. I figured if she was so winded, but could keep going, so could I! But with modifications for me of course!:7

You guys are crazy! I tried boot camp last night, and while I did make it through eventually -- I could not say it was FUN. It KILLED me, by the 4th cycle, I had to pause for 30 seconds in between every exercise.

That'll be my goal, to be able to say I enjoyed this!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.