Bookclubbers: The Kite Runner

Ive been wanting to read The Kite Runner for a long time...now I have a good excuse! September is fine time to dicuss....I wrote down all the other titles too, and starting a reading list for myself...no more useless wandering around the library for me!!

Donna

Donna,
You may want to add Angela's Ashes to your list if you haven't read that one yet. It's a must read. :)

Lori

I know nothing about the Kite Runner, so it's a fine choice for me!! Discussing in Sept is good as I will be in CA for an intense masters course for 6 weeks.

The Kite Runner sounds good to me and discussing it in Sept. I'm going to pick it up this week.

Joanne

Looks like I need to start my own list with all the suggestions for books being posted. I will have to get myself a copy of The Kite Runner to be discussed in September. I will have to get something else to read before then though. I like to read at bedtime. Are we talking about choosing another book before September to discuss? I better go reread what is going on for sure. LOL! :)

Hey, Lori and others...

I don't want to put anyone off reading Running With Scissors. It's disturbing in the sense that this is a true story, and how sad that any child could have been raised in such a bizarre environment - BUT it is written in an almost matter of fact, humorous, even light-hearted way that makes it manageable. Kind of an I'm okay, you're okay thing. I have a hard time with highly charged stories involving tragedies, but can usually get through them if there is some redeeming quality to it - The Lovely Bones, for example. Running does not have the same intensity as that one, but I think will still have a redemptive theme to it (I'm only half way through). So, read on!

Kerrie

Ditto what Kerri said about Running with Scissors. It was disturbing that someone was raised that way, but not a terribly difficult book to read. I also agreed that Angela's Ashes is a must read, although I found that caused some tears. I'll have to look for David Sedaris. I'm looking forward to the discussion in Sept. with the educated crowd.

The Kite Runner is a very good book! I read it this spring with my local book club. You can bet you will have some great conversations going on this one!
Jen

I'm looking forward to reading Kite Runner - September works for me as I have a ton of books to read until then.

I've read "Middlesex" and really liked it. If anyone that is going on the Road Trip wants to read it, I can bring it with me. Just send me an e-mail.

Angie

My middle son has to read The Kite Runner this summer for his AP English class, so this is perfect!

Tammy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.