Greetings Everyone!!

Here is my rotation from the past week.

Day 1 Lean Circuit 1
Day 2 ????????
Day 3 Lean Circuit 2
Day 4 You Tube Hiit (14 minutes)
Day 5 Lean Circuit 3
Day 6 You Tube Hiit (8minutes)

This was the first week of Chalean Extreme Lean Circuit. I have been sore all week. Particularly in my chest and back. I was not expecting to be this sore. Not sure if it is due to the hiit workouts, chalene extreme or the foam rolling??? Any way I am enjoying the lean circuit lots of core work built into the routine. Plus, I love that my workouts are done in less than an hour. Funny if I don't write things down i can't remember. I can not remember if I worked out on day 2 or not. Searched my memory but can't remember at all. Any way, it was a great workout week.

Until next week enjoy your workouts:)))))

Hi friends,

Coleen - You are very welcome here! Thank you for Barre suggestion. I love workouts using both stability ball and resistance band ! Unfortunately the shipping to my place of Barlates DVDs costs more than the DVD price itself. They are not sold as downloads...
I like Kathy Smith's Power Step workout too ;) For me, Kathy Smith is always in fashion. I especially love her Aerobox workout with Michael Olajide Jr. I've done this one hundreds of times. I can't wait to forget it a bit so I can do it again without knowing every single word.
Jodi - I'm a fan of Susanne Bowen's 10 Minute Solution workouts. She is professional, calm and her moves are effective. BarreAmped and Jessica Smith's Barre workout are available to purchase as downloads on totalfitnessdvds .Which Barre Amped is the toughest strength-wise? The descriptions say some BarreAmped are fat burning - I don't look for cardio in my Barre. Butt burn would be great though!
Sarbear, Tom. Mary, Jen, Nathalie, Healing11 - greetings buddies :)

Here are my workouts
Thursday AM STS Plyo Legs ( disc 26 ), Ilaria Montagnani's Push Ups and Abs. PM Turbo Jam Kick, Punch and Jam
Friday AM Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Kickboxing w/o #1, 4 Day Split Bootcamp (cardio). PM Flex Train
Saturday AM half of Amy Dixon's Breathless Body #1 and Paul Katami's Band Camp. PM half of Amy's Breathless Body #2 and Paul's Kettlebell Kombos.
Today: 4 Tabatas from Cross Fire & To The Max (love the moviemaker software!) and the abs section from Jessica Smith's Better Body Blast. Planning for the PM - standing section from Butts & Guts or Great Glutes without the compound moves.

Warm regards,

Last edited:
This morning was PFLW HIIT/Loading. It has no warm up or cool down/stretch, so I did X10 warm up. After HIIT/Loading I did PFLW Core E and finished my workout out with a nice long stretch: Asylum Relief. Yesterday's workout was PFLO Lower Body Strength (great short lower body workout--only 21 minutes) + PFLW Muscle Splits Lower.

I am at the end of trying out new and new-to-me workouts for a while. I still have some new-to-me workouts but I am taking a break for a while to do what I actually own and love. I am going to do Peak Fit + Cathe workouts for this last week before my STS hybrid rotation starts August 30.

Mary--so sorry to hear about your back problems. I used to have chronic back problems and I know it is miserable. My back still goes out from time-to-time and it $ucks. My husband is suffering from it right now. His workouts are on hold and he is taking steroids and muscle relaxers and stretching. I feel so bad for him too!

Jodi--happy anniversary! So glad you had a good time!! Glad your ankle is improving. I know that foot problems are the worst!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Svetlana you're in luck! :) Linda Wooldridge actually does sell downloads. They are really cheap, too! :D Lots more actually then dvds. She is from Australia and has a website where she sells other video workouts as well as her own she has begun filming. She is really just starting out but already has a lot of people on VF pretty excited. I think she is going to do really well! Here is her website: http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/welcome/barlates_body_blitz/

Be careful, though, and check her youtube channel for the free workouts because I've noticed for some reason she has some of those free ones on sale as downloads on her site, which seems odd to me since she has them free on her youtube channel. So if you find something on her site that looks interesting always check her youtube channel first.

I haven't gotten my workout in today but I'm planning on doing Linda Wooldridge's Barre Ball Blast: Glute and Lower Back section + EBE2 Weighted Plyo Legs. I'm a little scared for the weights/plyo workout! lol

Yesterday's workout was Horizontal Conditioning November Y1 Hardcore. I was a total weeble wobble on many of the balance moves. :eek:

Have a great Sunday gals!

Today I did BarreAmped Boot Camp and Ruthless Gives Back. I wanted to add on a short cardio workout after my main workout, but I didn't want anything too crazy since BC is about 80 minutes long. The Ruthless one was perfect and actually had a mostly lower body focus so it went nicely with the barre work.

Svetlana, I don't have the original BarreAmped (I think Mary might so maybe she can chime in), but I do have the Boot Camp and Cardio Fat Burn ones. Boot Camp is traditional barre work with some moves being slow and focused and others being a bit faster but still focused to get your heart rate up a bit. It is definitely tough and broken down into segments as you like. Cardio Fat Burn is not traditional barre at all, it's mostly low intensity cardio and some strength work. I like the workout, but I bought it thinking it was more barre work. I use it now for a recovery workout. I do have the one Resistabarre workout mentioned by Colleen...the one using the bands. Really enjoy it so if you can get it free or a cheaper download, I would say check it out.

Hi Everyone,

Jodi: Happy belated anniversary. I must have missed out reading your post! Glad you had a great time celebrating.

Svetlana: I have heard a lot about Suzanne Bowen...Does she sell download?

I had 2 days off as i was away during the weekend. Just came back. Last three days before the weekend were:

Day1: PRS#2
Day 2: Ride extreme premix 81 minutes and 100 Barbell throw/shoulders.
Day 3: High step challenge and abs

I am back on my training tomorrow. I have eating out this week a lot! I am resuming my eating plan on IF basis
though. I am very motivated to stick to IF. It has proven to work for me and was on a good track up to this weekend!
I just hope that this week end was not that damaging. I had a friend visiting from England:):):)

Will report later on this week.

Happy Monday everyone.

I only worked a half day today because tonight is the Michael Bolton concert. Woohoo! So when I got home, I did RWH's Back, Biceps, and Shoulders and Bonus Abs 2. When I looked at my notes for weights, I was a little worried. Did I really lift that heavy? Well, I made it through, and I was able to stick with 20 lbs for all of the concentration curls. Win! Also, I was able to do the angels in the ab workout completely for the first time. Win again!

Hi everyone! Last week turned into more of a rest week for me because of my sore shoulder, but I got back to it yesterday. My husband and I had to be somewhere early Saturday morning so I only had time for a 30 minute workout so I did JNL Fusion's Bicep Builder. Yesterday I did Ript90's Total Body Trainer and JNL's TKO Fat Blast.

Woke up feeling on the icky side this morning (I think I may have caught a bug from some friends we saw over the weekend) so today ended up being a rest day. I'm really hoping that I'll wake up tomorrow back to normal.

Happy Anniversary Jodi!

Today was the start of week 6 of simple strength 2. I upped bench another 5# for the 3x3. And added 5# to bicep curls going 8x8x8x6x6. I've decided to really push the curls and try to get back to sts poundages. Unlike Svetlana, if I can't get my sleeves over my arms, Im a happy dude!! Guy thing I guess!!

Today was deadlift 3x3. 1x8. Glute bridges. 5x10. And ab wheels 5x10. Added 10# to deads and glute bridges and starting to feel better about deadlifts. Glute bridges are really hard to position for me and little room for padding...ugh!! Hope a great day is had by all!!

Hello everybody! Today I received Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Body Training DVD. This is the good news of my day!

Nathalie, Suzanne Bowen sells downloads for her BarreAmped workouts ( 16.99 USD at totalfitnessdvds). I have tried only Suzanne's 10 Minute Solutions DVDs which are not available as downloads. 10 MS are pretty cheap at Amazon UK (4-6 British Pounds).
Suzanne's 10 MS workouts are pilates fusion. Another great pilates fusion instructor in the 10MS series is Lara Hudson. Lara's workouts are harder than Suzanne's but both are effective. I have 20 10 Minute Solution DVDs. All in all, the series is great I recommend them. The only DVDs which I don't are the Kettlebell one (which doesn't use a KB ) and Rapid Results Fatburner (the instructor is not my cup of tea)
Upper. Body. So. Sore. Haha!
Jodi - One year marriage is sweet , congrats! Glad you had nice time on your anniversary and Michael Bolton's concert :)
On the quoted - me too! Yesterday I combined Kelly Coffey Meyer's Your Best Body (workout #1 with cardio rests) and her Split Sessions Upper Body. My upper body and especially chest & biceps are crazy sore today.
Tom - my bi's are so pumped I feel the skin around them pulled now. :) I keep on my promise and I'm happy.
Coleen - the Barlates Ball workout is on my wish list now. I will get it after KCM's Cardio / Pump (I have a monthly spending limit)
Mary and Jen - I'm one to suffer from chronic back pain too.:( I have curved spine and narrow shoulders. The sciatica is aggravated from working seated in front of a computer , PMS and (unfortunately) by weighted lower body exercises. That's why I'm looking for barre and mat exercises to fry my lower body without straining the back.

On Sunday I did the standing section from Cathe's Butts and Guts. Excellent workout but strained my back. (it was already tired from sitting in front of the comp) I stopped to stretch. Later I added the inner thighs segment from 10MS Blast Away Body Fat (Suzanne Bowen)
Yesterday I woke up early to workout but my back was bothering me. I went with 10MS : one segment each from KnockOut Body (Jessica Smith), 5 Day Mix (Amy Bento), Kickbox Bootcamp (Keli Roberts), Hot Body Bootcamp (Amy Bento). I added a segment from Amy Dixon's Give Me 10 More. Stretched with the segment from Pilates Perfect Body (Suzanne Bowen). I felt pleasantly refreshed from this mix!
The doubles workout was KCM's YBB and Split Session Upper. Kelly is usually rated an Intermediate instructor. I agree with this on her lower body and cardio moves. IMO, for upper body she is advanced :)
I did Split Sessions on the stability ball (instead of incline bench) this makes it easier on my back.
Today my back is still not feeling great. I did other 10MS DVDs - a segment from Quick Tummy Toners (Jessica Smith), Ultimate Bootcamp (Jessica Smith), Blast Off Belly Fat (Suzanne Bowen) and Quick Fix DVDs: Cardio Kick and Hip Hop.
In the PM I did workout #1 from Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Body Training. I love it.

I'm going to bed now. Warm greetings to everyone!

Last edited:
Good morning! It looks like I haven't checked in since Sunday. This morning was Peak Fit Pure Strength #2 (excellent total body workout) and planned doubles is Hard Strikes premix 16.

Monday: Peak Fit Pure Strength #1, doubles was RwH Low Impact HIIT #2
Tuesday: Peak Fit Pure Cardio, doubles was Xtrain AOLIH

Hope you're feeling better SarBear!

IFing is working well for me, too Nathalie. I actually think I may have found a new lifestyle! I have been looking for a sustainable way of eating for a long time. I hate the idea of "diet" since eating is not a temporary thing. We have to do it every single day. Just like I don't like the idea of workout programs because I workout every day--it's never temporary. Eating and exercising are not meant to be quick fixes but lifestyles. Since IFing is something that it will take a long time of doing to see real results, I like that it is very livable. I was afraid it wouldn't be. It is a little more expensive since I have to buy BCAAs. I am only having one BCAA drink after my workout right now, but starting next week I will have one after my workout and another at 9am. The only real issues I have with IFing are 1. I drink so much and since I have nothing in my stomach until 11am when my feeding window opens, everything I drink goes right through me and I have to use the restroom constantly. And I am at work! :confused: #2. the closer it gets to 11 am the colder I get--especially my hands but by 11am I am shivering. Again, I am work and I type all day so this is a bit aggravating. However, it is a good thing so I will live with it (Lean Gains: Fasting increases the blood flow to you body fat (the process is called adipose tissue blood flow). So when you are fasting more blood is travelling to your body fat, presumably to help move it to your muscles where it can be burned as a fuel. Do to this increased travel to your body fat, micro-vasodilation occurs in your fingertips and sometimes toes to compensate. So in some cases it’s a ‘necessary evil’ in the fat loss process.").

Have you noticed this Nathalie?

Last edited:
@jengollf

Hi Jen,

Glad to hear you are doing well IFing. I need to remember to take my supplement consistently.
You have just reminded me about BCAA. I did notice frequently visiting the toilet first week. Especially during the night.
I always wake up during the night anyway. I have felt cold at any time. It is hot summer here. Really humid.
I need to remember to drink more before feeling thirsty.

One of my friend noticed i have slimmed a bit. Clothes are loose. Really feeling good.

Today's workout was Ride premix 80 minutes and 10x10 declined/step down/up plank.
10 each leg.:)

Todays workout consisted of overhead presses diamond and close grip pushups and chin ups. Last week I was bummed on ohp because I lost ground. It was too painful to use the Olympic bar foe this exercise, but after advice from another member I used an ez curl bar and it made a HUGE difference, and I was able to increase the weight 10# from last week!! Did 5 sets of diamond and close grip pushups and 5 sets of chin ups. I only managed 8x8x8x5x4 on chins, but was still giddy on the ohp pain free experience so all in all a good day!! Happy iron tossing to those that follow!!

Hi Everyone,

Svetlana: ha ha ha your biceps is so pumped up you feel the skin pulled---- Lol

Jen: Regarding IFing---I think it is good to be patient. A fast weight loss is not good for the skin. With regards to feeling
cold, i think i will feel it during winter. Today we had rain and it is not really chilly and I am wearing a cardigan
Lol. But what they say about fat insulating the body is true. When I was about 100 pounds overweight/obese
I never needed a thick coat during winter. Now trust me I am cold during winter Lol.:D:D
Is peak fit one of the workout you are trying for the first time?

Tom: Olympic bar for OHP ouch...I do not own any cause I just do not have space for such heavy and cumbersome
toy! You must feel relieved now that you can comfortably execute the OHP. Sounds like you are having fun
doing Nia program.:)

Jodi: Well done on ruthless tabata. How was the concert?:)

Today's workout was a premix from Rockout knockout 38 minutes:kickbox cardio+ cardio with gloves.
followed by Slow and heavy Triceps and biceps. Then I added declined push. I accidently added two risers
and my upper chest is in flame right now. I want to do it again! with two risers instead of three though.
Will then build up:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Take care everyone;)
will check in soon:)

This morning I did Peak Fit Anywhere/Anytime + Core Dynamics. Planned doubles is 4DS Kickbox only.

Nathalie--no I've had Peak Fit forever--2011 I think. I actually started the review for the program in 2012 but kept getting side-tracked. I blame it on discovering Cathe! But I finally finished the review today. I know when I was thinner I was always cold. I still am at work and places like the grocery store, restaurants and movie theaters, so I always have a hoodie or cardigan with me wherever I go. But since I've gained weight over the past few years I find I am not as frequently cold. It could also be my age. I am 44 so I'm sure there is some hormone things going on that change my temperature. My point is--this recent coldness in my extremities is new and different for me and clearly related to IFing. It starts around 9am and continues until around 12pm--I am freezing for about 3 hours, so cold my fingers have trouble moving!

Regarding Nia Shanks--I have started listening to her podcast and I am really enjoying it. I like some of the new health & fitness podcasts I've been listening to lately--Nia and On Air with Ella. It seems like the stuff I read and look at (both purposely and just because it's there--i.e. my FB newsfeed) is all about making me feel bad about myself because I do not have a perfect body and I cannot seem to achieve perfectionism in my eating habits. What I love about these two women is that they are fit and healthy but they are hating this paradigm too. They talk a lot about being the best you and doing what works for you and the need to stop succumbing to the body shaming of both media and social media. Anyway, I need to hear stuff like that lately.

@jengollf

Perfection does not exist IMO. One of my favourite magasine offer advise on nutrition and training claiming to
help build a perfect body!! A perfect body does not exist! I agree with what you heard on the podcast...you can be a
better you. you are doing great, you look very good at this age. You are slim, beautiful and on a very good path and
just try not to be too hard on yourself. Do i have to sign up to listen to those podcast.
Please send me the link on FB. Yep body shaming of media sucks!!

Today was RWH Chest, Triceps and Shoulders. The good news...some progress...I was better with all the finisher push-ups and I was able to increase my weights for some of the shoulder and tricep moves. The "bad" news...I don't think I'll be able to move my upper body tomorrow. :D

Nathalie, the concert was great! Hope you saw the few pics I posted on FB!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.