Bodybugg

sunshinegirl

Cathlete
I was just wondering if anybody has one and if you think it's worth the money? I would love to know how many calories I burn in a day and at a given activity but don't want to spend that much. I can't seem to find a cheaper version without a chest strap, which I find very uncomfortable.

www.bodybugg.com

I'm very interested in responses:)
I've been tempted a few times. I have to admit, I like gadgets. :cool:

I would be interested also. I've been looking at them but really don't want to spend that much money but I hear it suppose to be really nice. They use those on the Biggest Loser.

how do you like your device? I was also thinking of ordering the bodybugg but its pretty expensive so I thought of ordering the one you got. I really am interested in the calories I burn all day.

Thanks for the info. I think I need to get a second job to support my exercise equipment habit. Anyone need their windows washed or lawn mowed? :p

Does the device only work with a subscription?

You need the subscription to upload the data to their website and see all the cool charts like calorie burn throughout the day and even the quality of your sleep!
However they also sell a separate watch-type display that syncs with the device to display your calorie burn and steps (no sleep info) without the subscription.

how is that different from
just wearing your hrm all day? Just curious.

I will just quote this from their website:
"A heart rate monitor measures calories during strenuous activity – like running, rowing and cycling – in a complicated manner that’s basically: Heart rate during physical activity X some personal information = calories. While heart rate monitors can be good devices for understanding how your body functions under vigorous circumstances, they don’t measure calorie burn otherwise, which means you get an incomplete view of your daily expenditure.
People generally spend about 25% of their day being physically active.
GoWear fit measures a more complete matrix of characteristics, and is therefore able to give you a better picture of how many calories you’re really burning all day, every day."

(The gowear device has multiple sensors that measure motion, skin temperature and sweat)

I like the subscription because I can see my activity patterns throughout a typical day. I am also learning what my maintenance calories are on non-exercise days so I can "pace" my calorie intake accordingly. I like it a lot!

-- Sandra

it doesnt look like they offer the 3 months free with this now. I was going to order it. I was debating on getting the watch display but the reviews werent that great. I dont know if I should order it thr amazon or go to the website so I can get the management software at cheaper price monthly.

never mind, I read down thru the paragraph and they do offer 3 months free, so I just ordered it. I hope I like it. I am always wondering how many calories I burn. I am a hyper person and am curious to see what it tells me.

I have a bodybugg and used it for several months in 07 and early 08. (I have since moved and lost it somewhere!!) It told me consistently that I burn 2400-2800 kcal a day. At the time, I was eating much less than that. I thought it interesting, but it did not help me lose weight, since I wasn't losing on less than I was burning anyway.

I think you can get the same kind of data using the BMR + activity calculators online. If you put stock in them, you can tinker your calories that way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.