Body Max 2

jansherman

Cathlete
Question for all of you who have done BM2. I'm looking for a Cathe workout that will kick my butt and make me cry! :eek: I've been reading a lot of good things about BM2 on this site, but here's my situation. From years of teaching step aerobics, I have a case of chronic plantar faciaitis that tends to flare up when I do too much step. Are there enough other options on the BM2 DVD to give me an awesome workout without doing the step portions every time? I guess I'm looking for an intensity similar to IMAX3 or Drill Max.

I'd appreciate your opinions before I order it. Thanks!

Jan

Hi Jan,
I have the same problem with plantar faciatis. Can I ask what kind of shoe do you wear? I've been toiling with shoe inserts. As far as a hard workout. I would reccomend Hardcore Series: High Step Challenge DVD. BM2 is really tough and a great workout for overall body but it has quite a bit of step aerobics. It has a really great upper body pre-mix that I love. You also might like
Intensity Series: Boot Camp + Muscle Endurance. I'm not a big fan of Boot Camp but the Muscle Endurance workout is a really great weight workout. Check out the previeiws on her website it might help you make a decision. Hope this helps.

Just adding to what Janie said about Boot Camp. I really like Boot Camp, but there is also a bonus workout on that DVD that combines both BC and ME which is a really great workout. It has more weight work and less high impact stuff than BC, but really makes me sweat! I don't have either of the two workouts you mentioned, so I don't know how they compare as far as intensity though.

Janie,

My shoes probably don't help the plantar faciatis - I just use my old running shoes for cross trainers. Right now I'm using New Balance. I just don't do enough step on a regular basis to make myself go buy other shoes.

I have High Step Challenge, Boot Camp, and Muscle Endurance.I'm not a huge fan of Boot Camp either - the cardio isn't intense enough and there isn't enough weight training. I use that one on my light days.

Jan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.