Body changing but visually..what the???

denisha1

Hello Ladies,

Ok, shout out to all of us on this fitness journey but I just need to see if I am alone in this process.

1. I have not idea why fat moves from your boobs I know its fat and will go away but I am like...umm hello I need to keep some the girls up top...just saying.

2. Body composition. I don't know if it is various phases when your body starts to transform but maybe it is where that fat is pulling from first but for example my obliques waste slimming down but the top stomach and the bottom stomach (I know it is what it is they are two separate compartments above and below belly button...just sayin) I am thinking will they every get flat. I am more pear shaped carry body in lower half so it is what it is...until then I will continue my cardio and weights... I even started getting a lil' cray cray thinking #beach body ready 2014 to inspire myself and some days get in 2 workouts when my schedule permits.

3. The scale and the inches are not talking to each other. I know I know fat loss etc.. so I decided not to weigh myself for the next month for my own mental sanity.

4. Why did I think I was super woman at body pump classes when I saw my muscles contracting and the little lines in my arm trying to represent...

Alrighty sorry about the rant. My friends don't work out so to discuss this with them is like getting the blank stare...with no response...

Oh ladies, I probably should not be laughing at your posts, but I am because I definitely can relate :eek:. The boobs are going down with gravity and whatever trouble zone I have for the current year is the last one to go. My trouble zone has always been my lower body and I always got compliments on my naturally flat stomach, but lately I've been observing a little spare tire thingy growing below my belly button, all those biology classes I took in college where they called it adipose tissue and I have to call it little spare tire thingy...:p. It's endearing hehehe. I'm turning 36 this year. I feel an energy drop and my body is not responding to exercise like it used to, but I'm determined to shock it back into shape. Christie Brinkley is 60 years old and looks amazing, and what about Jane Fonda? Wow, two gorgeous women, I know they have the means and access to the best surgeons, etc, but there are things that a surgeon can't do. They must have the cleanest diets and the best exercise programs to achieve that. I have no excuses, I just have to work harder, especially with the diet.

I can completely relate with you all. My boobs were never on the big size and when I lost weight they got even smaller, definitely didn't want that but it is what it is. Don't forget the love genetic factor. I know I wasn't dealt a very good had in the gene pool so there is lots I fight with on a daily basis.

At least can all come here to vent and know that there is probably someone out there that understands.

We all just keep plugging away at those workouts. :)

I no longer have boobs - just deflated party balloons.

A bit like the day after the party.

I'm dreading the moment when they look like a week after the party :mad:

The question is... Do you want a lean muscular body? Or do you want round boobs!? Can't have both in my case, so I would rather go with the muscular body. Thank goodness for padded bras! Ha!

Easier to add with clothes than take away!

Padded bra or pants from Spanx :eek:

I hear ya everybody. What genetics gave me, my breast-feeding babies took away. The fact that I'm not seventeen anymore, doesn't help. Fried eggs hanging on a nail.

You are all too funny.:eek::eek::eek:

The thing with boobs and exercise is either they go south or they disappear. I was always the teenager that needed three support bras because they got in the way, my best friend was and still is flat as a pancake. Guess who's laughing now? She is!!! Hers are so perky. She wears a bra because she wants to, not because she needs to. I have learned to accept my body. I will work harder to make it look its best, but genetics can't be changed. Every time I have one of those days I look for someone else that inspires me. As I get older and my body and energy level are changing I look out there and I see plenty of women that inspire me. Christie Brinkley and Jane Fonda like I mentioned, Cathe of course, my mom, my friends, several Catheletes, I could go on and on, there are plenty of strong women that I find truly inspirational. Someone with really small boobs and an amazing body is Sylwia the creator of Tonique workouts. Wow, I could trade my sagging boobage to look half as good hehehe. She definitely inspired me to buy two of her workouts to see if my dream can come true. :)

Ladies,

Thanks for a sharing and it is good to get those thoughts out. I agree I would prefer muscle and at the end of the day it is what it is. Tonight I was running thinking hmmm I got some junk in my trunk and all I gotta do is shape and tighten and people are paying for a booty butt lift or Brazilian butt lift and I thought...go girl lets get the boom boom nice and tight....

So at the end of the day in some way we are all striving to get our body the way we want it. We make it happen one workout at a time followed by the next day we wake up walking like a robot from DOMS but smiling like awwwwwwwww good work out changing the body as the soreness is a badge of honor...well for us...yes meaning we are pushing our body to change :)

Hello Ladies,

Ok, shout out to all of us on this fitness journey but I just need to see if I am alone in this process.

1. I have not idea why fat moves from your boobs I know its fat and will go away but I am like...umm hello I need to keep some the girls up top...just saying.

Hi Denisha,

Yes we all have to face it (consequences of fat loss....). Boobs are mainly made of fat and there is nothing we can do.

Hmmm for me personally I think may be we need to compromise a bit between too drastic fat loss/musculature and keeping something on the bosom (being part of femininity):D;)

It all depend how we feel about ourselves. For me I have reached a point where I say no more than one size loss!! I want to keep something as cushion on my chest:rolleyes::rolleyes: I want those muscle but still want a chest for a Beau to lay his head on:eek::p:p;)

Oh well that is just me:D

Last edited:
I love the humorous approach to how we see our bodies! It really DOES make me feel better to know it's not JUST ME!!! But I'm also so grateful to have all of you to "talk" to about these issues, knowing full well that we all workout too. We're not just sitting around, eating a bunch of crap then complaining about how far south our bodies can go.

I was fine until breast feeding, boobs got huge, daughter was fed, after breastfeeding was done my boobs disappeared figuring they had completed their job. Many years later I was getting a mammo, I commented on the small size of my chest, the comment that came back to me was "Nipples on skin". I saved my money, found an excellent plastic surgeon and BOUGHT MY BOOBS BACK!!!! No regrets at all. I'm surprised that I'm actually admitting to it because it's not something I talk about. It was a very personal choice that I thought about and researched for YEARS. Glad I did it!

At least THAT part of me isn't sagging! ;)

Last edited:
I love the humorous approach to how we see our bodies! I really DOES make me feel better to know it's not JUST ME!!! But I'm also so grateful to have all of you to "talk" to about these issues, knowing full well that we all workout . It was a very personal choice that I thought about and researched for YEARS. Glad I did it!

I think no one should be judged for such personal decision. :););)

tlc - it's something I keep thinking about. Then in the UK we had a scare over some faulty implants, and I'm just not brave enough. But everyone should have the right to do what they want. I'm going to get my eyes lasered - and I don't see that there's that much difference. Essentially an operation for non-medical reasons.

xx

Hey Justinef !! I thought about it for about 10 plus years! It wasn't something I took lightly. The ironic thing is.....the deciding factor was when my husband bought me some really nice workout clothing. Bottoms fit and the top was tight around my ribs but the chest was a lot of extra material. I completely lost it! Bathing suits scared me and so on. I got serious and did tons of research. I knew what I was doing and I was more than ready!

I've kept myself trim and lean for many years before and after surgery. Now I'm proportionate! And very happy with my body image! Like I said , I don't regret it for a second! It's a personal thing for anyone! Hooray to you as well! And thanks for your support!

Last edited:
Hey Justinef !! I thought about for about 10 plus years! It wasn't something I took lightly.

I've kept myself trim and lean for many years before and after. Now I'm proportionate! And very happy with my body image! Like I said , I don't regret it for a second! It's a personal thing for anyone! Hooray to you as well! And thanks for your support!

To Both Justine and Tlc93,

It is good that we are talking about this issue of body image. I can recall a past discussion on this...Here is the link

http://cathe.com/forum/f97/thats-im-going-get-big-boobs-290521/

Hope the thread originator comes back with comment as to if she went ahead for the "chest expansion":D:D or not:eek::p:cool::cool:

I've thought about it as well. But when it gets right down to it I'm happy with myself. Everything is in proportion, and I'm afraid that surgery would so mess up my bench press and push up. I'm kinda funny that way.

I love the humorous approach to how we see our bodies! It really DOES make me feel better to know it's not JUST ME!!! But I'm also so grateful to have all of you to "talk" to about these issues, knowing full well that we all workout too. We're not just sitting around, eating a bunch of crap then complaining about how far south our bodies can go.

I was fine until breast feeding, boobs got huge, daughter was fed, after breastfeeding was done my boobs disappeared figuring they had completed their job. Many years later I was getting a mammo, I commented on the small size of my chest, the comment that came back to me was "Nipples on skin". I saved my money, found an excellent plastic surgeon and BOUGHT MY BOOBS BACK!!!! No regrets at all. I'm surprised that I'm actually admitting to it because it's not something I talk about. It was a very personal choice that I thought about and researched for YEARS. Glad I did it!

No judgement here either. Breast implants are very common in the fitness world. I don't think I would ever go that route, but would love a lift and probably a reduction. I don't think it's any different. But I am trying really hard to love my body as it is. Sometimes even tempted to try stupid things on my face like Botox, but never had the courage to alter my looks like that yet. I am embracing the 'coming of age' or whatever it's called and leave the obsession with looks to the younger crowd. I used to be very insecure in my teens and 20s, but I have outgrown that phase in my life. The thing about cosmetic surgery is that people need to do it for themselves and they need to have realistic expectations. I had a coworker in the company I used to work for a couple of years ago that was having marital problems and was extremely depressed when somebody told her they have seen her husband with another woman, she got implants months later. Did not solve her marital problems, or made the husband stop cheating. Her depression got worse and they ended up getting a divorce. Oh and she had to have the surgery redone. Its an extreme story, but an example. I believe that people need to do whatever makes them happy, but only for them, not anybody else. When we feel good about ourselves we are better human beings and can contribute positively in this world, for some diet and exercise is enough, others need to seek therapy to have a more realistic outlook, and for others just a simple nip, tuck, or fill will do. :)

I will :) looking forward to it. I am Cup A- now so thinking about going to full C. I am a runner & love to do races so I don't want to get way too big.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.