BFL Weekend

Gayle and Heidi thanks for the warm welcome!

Gayle thanks for the kind words! I know you will keep me on track! LOL! You are such an inspiration to me! I am so proud of you! You look incredible in your bikini! I will start tomorrow! You don't use Catha’s weight workouts? I guess for the next 12 weeks I will go to the gym for the weights and cardio training! I am glad you like the Christmas gift! We went in Garmish skiing with Alesia and Darieus for 3 days! We just got back yesterday form Garmisch! I didn’t have time to check my mail box!

Have a great day!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi Everyone~

Back from the store, and cooking up a soup recipe I found on BFL.com;
Here's the recipe just in case, hope it turns out good. I didn't get the chillies or- the groundcumin/corriander. I just king of spiced it up to my liking. I did add 2-more cups of water, and another package of sod free chicken bol. I will let you know how it turns out.

2 large cans of all white meat chicken
1 14-16 oz bag of frozen vegetables for veggi soup
1 small can of diced green chilies undrained
3 cups of water
2 low-sodium chicken bullion cubes
3 handfulls of spiral pasta (uncooked)
1 14 oz. can of italian diced tomatoes undrained
1 tsp. groundcumin
1 tsp. corriander
pepper to taste

Dump all in large pot, stir bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes before serving. This could also be made in a crock pot placed on high for 2 hours, then low for 2 hours. Enjoy!

I thought about starting after the new year, but I think I am ready to get my a$$ moving tomorrow w/ you all. I will be using the pyramid workouts (at least for the first 6-weeks).. I am determined to get past the 12 weeks this time. I know with all your motivation I can do anything!!
Off to make some protein pancakes ... :9
CC/Yogurt for snacks-

Gayle~ When making your soups, how much do you consider a portion? This is where it always confuses me!

Hey Belinda!! Great to have you with us!!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Hi!
Well, DH just took my before pics...ouch..that was painful! 10 pounds on my small frame is a lot!! I will weigh in on Mondays and post. I have my meals planned for tommorow. I havent a clue of the pro/fat/carb ratios..I am just trying to keep in balanced. Once I get the hang of it I might try and get specific. Here is what I have planned..if its totally "not right" please let me know
6:30 oatmeal/ banana coffee
9:30 ww toast/pb
12:00turkey burger with pea soup, apple
3:00luna bar or nuts/raisins
6:00 cashew lime chicen, brown rice, brocolli
9:00 oatmeal
I am so ready to do this!!!

Welcome Belinda!!

Jennifer -- so glad you are starting tomorrow. I'm following Gayle's lead -- so I'll be doing PLB as well. (Don't look behind you Gayle, you'll see a shadow named Michelle!! he he) I figure the closer we are to doing the same thing, the easier it will be for me to stay on track.

As far as BFL meals today -- I had the toasted protein pancakes for breakfast, which were better than hot off the gridle! I finally bought my new mixer and had a shake. Hmmmm, not sure if I like them -- but I'm slowly going down the ladder from bars to shakes to whole foods. These are HUGE steps for me!! Then I just ate a bowl of the chicken noodle soup from Gayle. Wow, that's good. However, it is for a sure a "plan ahead" meal -- good thing today was Sunday.

Susan -- I am the LAST one to answer your questions. However, I already asked the question and was told that peanut butter was not BFL friendly. So, I'm also wondering about the nuts. Also, as I stated above in the BFL pyramind it goes whole food are the best, shakes are next in line and the bars take a distant third. Yes, I cried when I heard that -- as I love my bars. But, after looking at Gayle in the bikini I'm going to try and give up some of my protein bars.

Anyway, love to hear what you true BFL'ers think of Susan's meals. The reason I ask is that I have lived off pb on WW toast, and almonds for a snack as well as bars for a snack. I TOTALLY could have posted the same meals as you did Susan -- however it's not working for me (which is why I'm here) :( So, I'm very curious.

Okay, I've typed too much. Can't wait to get up tomorrow morning and work out with all of you!!! :)

Michelle

Hi Ladies~

Susan~ I think your meals look good!

Finished up the soup. Doesn't taste all that bad, but could be better! :) Next time I need to spice it up a bit more. And I messed up and didn't use w/w pasta...oh well, next time will be better!

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif" alt="Meez 3D avatar avatars games" border="0"

Jennifer - you've GOT to try Gayle's chicken noodle soup. I used the egg noodles like she said -- they are awesome. I don't understand how to know what recipes are BFL friendly so I'm so glad Gayle had this one -- it felt like I was eating pasta!! yum!! Yeah, Gayle - how do you know what a serving size is?? I ate about 1/2 a bowl full.

Okay tomorrow I'm going to try something different for breakfast -- cream of wheat with a scoop of vanilla protein powder. It's in the EFL cookbook and that's more a long the lines of what I eat for breakfast.

Okay ladies -- no excuses for tomorrow's workout -- I know most of us aren't working tomorrow -- so even if you sleep in we all still need to post!! :)

Susan - you had your husband take your photos -- good for you. Sounds like we are in the same boat - I'm about 10 pounds heavier than I'd like to be -- I'm very petite so 10 lbs makes me look HUGE!! :) So, needless to say, I haven't taken my photos yet! :) If only wine was on the BFL list -- then I'd be able to summon the courage -- ha ha!!!

See ya!
Michelle

Hi Michelle!

I will have to try Gayle's soup next. The portion size I came to w/ this soup w/ 1 cup. It was 6-servings, and I divided them up.
Gayle, where are you...we need you...LOL :)

I am trying to learn to love to cook. I am not very good in the kitchen, but I can learn, can't I...LOL :)

Guess what I am eating now?? I nice BIG bowl of Lucky Charms cereal...Oh yum :9 Haven't had these in a while... :)

~Jennifer~
="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif" alt="Meez 3D avatar avatars games" border="0"

Ohhh I had no idea pb and nuts were not bfl friendly. They are a main staple in my diet and I need the protein...so I may have to cheat in that respect. I put pb in my oatmeal at night. I only eat the natural kind though..and only raw nuts..no salt or oil or anything like that.
Michelle, how tall are you? I am 5'1" and my goal is to get to 112 pounds. I havent weighed in about 2 weeks...but I am thinking I am at aournd 123 from the way I feel. I had been hovering at 117 before the holidays...but not anymore! My plan is to lose a pound a week.
The backside picture scared me the most!

Susan,

I know alot of people over @ BFL Tracker eat PB added to their protein shakes as a good fat, so I wouldn't worry about it too much....as long as your not going crazy over it, I'm sure it is fine. I like to add natural PB to my protein shakes at least once a week w/ some butterscotch f/f,s/f pudding (peanut brittle protein shake recipe on BFL)...

Off to finally go relax. Just dropped DS, GF off at home.
Gayle~ Are you getting any snow in your area?

It's just raining here, but I think they might be calling for some.
Talk to you all tomorrow!! Are you all excited... :)

XoXo~

~Jennifer~

Hi ladies,

Michelle and Jennifer thanks for the warm welcome!

Gayle when you have time can you please sent me your soup and Protein Pancakes recipes?

I am getting ready for LB workout (it is already Monday morning here in Germany!) Can I use the PLB too? What Catha’s DVD's can I use? Or should I follow the book?? Need lots of help!LOL! Thanks!

Have a great night!
Belinda

Gayle or anyone else, I never count the reps on Cathe's PLB! In the book I read select on exercise for each muscle group and conduct five sets,starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 preps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight, do 12 reps, and immediatley go to another set of 12 reps of another exercise for that muscle group! How do you use the GS, leaner legs and PLB with that the BFL principles? I am sorry I am a pain! I want to make sure I do everyting right! Thanks!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.