BFL TGIF

WOW! Am I really first today? Where are you guys???

I'm sitting here enjoying my oatmeal and flax seed, and egg whites. YUMMO!

Workotu is done....BFL UB. And it ROCKED! And it got me wondering what program, cycle, whatever you ladies are working it? Are you doing traditional BFL, or something different? I haven't asked that since I returned from my hiatus!

For now, I'm doing BFL by the book. I'm using an Excel document that you can download at the BFL site. It has all the charts in it for each of the 84 days! I like it, because I can make up my workout and type it in then print it off and it looks so nice and neato! Then, like this morning, I can do my WO, then sit right back at the PC and put in the changes for NEXT workout. So I already put in the new weights and changes for my NEXT UP WO! Does that make sense? I love it!

Well, it's Friday and it's wet. We don't have anything on the schedule after school, so we'll probably hand with SO and his kids tonight. I've been making a really concerted effort at NOT eating out....and I'm ahead of the game money-wise for the month. So we'll probably cook a chicken or grill something (if we can stay dry).

What are your weekend plans? Workouts...tomorrow is CCPP and Sunday is rest. We have baseball on the schedule for both days, but the weather may mess with that. Saturday night I'm playing Bunco with the girls, where I'm planning on taking something BFL-friendly.

OK...gotta get the kids on the bus. Guess we'll drive down to avoid the wind and rain.

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning Gayle and all who follow!

so,how did you like survivor yesterday? You have a favorite yet? I like the Olympic Champion/school teacher

Im excited to see that the scale is down another 1.2 lbs this morning:eek: i just decided to peek at it and was pleasently suprised! The weird thing about it is that i got rid of my cheat day(now its a cheat meal) and the first cheat day in a month was last tuesday....and the scale moves? I didn't go wild but I didn't count anything....

How is everyone doing today? Whats everyones plans for the weekend?

I guess you guys saw in the OD thread that I dropped out of school yesterday. Just thought it wasn't worth the nervous wreck that i ended up being all this week. I took a bite of the college life and I was choking,LOL! My kids are more important right now!

Today i plan on doing something...not sure what! I will check in later to let you guys know. Have a wonderful friday!

Morning!
Gayle - Great workout! Right now I'm 3/4 of the way through a M&F Look Great in 8 rotation but I feel like I'm getting flabby, lol. I'm thinking of switching back BFL again until STS arrives (along with marathon training). Enjoy your evening! We're having a nice wet one here too. ;(

Amelia - Congratulations on the loss! WooHoo! I'm so sorry things didn't work out with college, it's REALLY tough to have two small children to run after so I completely understand (my two oldest children are 18 months apart and the first 5-6 years of their life was the hardest of mine!!!) ;)

Hi to all that follow!

This morning I ran 6 miles (with 8 repeats worked in there) + walked at an incline for 15 minutes (7% - 10%). I may have to pull out the short 20 minute iTread that's one huge hill to do as an add on after running. I'm trying to work on my dreaded "thut" area that has decided to move south, ugh....lol.

Have a great one,
Kathy

THUT! I don't think I've ever heard that word! Funny, though, because I know exactly what it means when I actually LOOK at that word! LOL I've decided to stick with BFL also. I floudnered for quite some time once I started to wander away from that program. I seem to really be able to focus when it's a PROGRAM instead of a SINGLE WORKOUT. Does that make sense? So, for now, until I need a change, I get bored or STS arrives, it's BFL for me, baby!

Amelia-my best friend started taking classes last semester to take her basic classes so she can do the nursing school program...eventually. She has 2 and 5 year old kids. She really struggled last class, and THIS class she almost dropped yesterday. But she's be out the $500. She HAS decided, however, the same thing that you did....that the kids need her home more than she needs to do these classes. They're only young once, so this will be it for her till the kids get older! I think you made the best decision for YOU and for YOUR KIDS!

Gayle

LOL Gayle, I can't take credit for it....someone on another board named that area and I knew immediately too! ;) I'm thinking the same thing, BFL until I need a change of STS arrives (which I hope happens soon!)

Kathy

Hello strangers!! Do you mind if I jump back in??!!

Okay, I have been gone way too long. Summer was crazy, so now with the kids back in school there are no excuses!!

What got me motivated to join the BFL party again?? Well, last year a group of us started on New Year’s Eve. We were all so motivated by Gayle’s photos after doing BFL. We all wanted to be like her! The only bummer about it all – was it was yet another “New Years Resolution” for me - gosh I’m so ready to get over those!!

I got to thinking – how on earth am I not going to have to make the SAME resolution this year?? I know, start NOW!! Pretty simply really!

So, here I am. Ready to do it!

You know what I realized? Not only do I NEED a program – but I also NEED support. Which is ALL of YOU!! For some reason having to be accountable is what keeps me from hitting that snooze in the morning.

I’ve missed you ALL! I can’t wait for New Years Eve this year!

Michelle

SCARED!!!!

Okay – I’m actually SCARED that I just posted! I hit the snooze button this morning. Now I know that I’m NOT going to be able to do that for the next 12 weeks! YIKES!!!

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Good Morning?..... I feel like it is around 6PM! I am just dragging today!

DS got off on the bus without a hitch....DD however didn't get up in time and missed her train. I drove her 2 towns over to catch another one and came home to do laundry and crash! I fell asleep for about 1.5hrs and woke from such a weird dream. Laughing because the dream was about DH. He was playing a cat and mouse game with me chasing him through some sort of housing unit. Just plain weird! Maybe this is a sign that this house is just too big to handle. ;)

Gayle: I am not really on top of things lately with my workouts. I have really become distracted! Where are the spread sheets that you are talking about? Does it give you ideas for the type of workouts and weights required to start with? I need to get back on a regular schedule because this seemed to work best.

Hello Amelia: Great job on the very hard decision to stop school at this time. This must have been a really hard decision for you but you are right....the kids come first. I was in college for Accounting when my first was 6mo. I stopped everything there after because I was expecting my 2nd.
I hope that you get in some sort of workout today. I am just as confused right now on what to do. ;)

Kathy: Nice job on the run! You just made my mind up for me! iTread #22 and then iCycle #7. Thanks! ;) I am holding on and waiting for STS too. I just can't believe it has been almost a year! I am going to check out BFL again and get back on track.

Michelle? ;) I can't believe my eyes!!!! I just looked up and saw your entry! Welcome Back!!!! WE ALL MISSED YOU TOO! :) This is just fantastic to see so many people back from our prior postings. LET'S GET MOVING ON THIS MOTIVATION STATION!

Hi to Steph. Melissa and Belinda.

Belinda: Are you all unpacked? Hope that you aren't buried somewhere under all those boxes! ;)

Hey Steph! How are things with you today? What are your plans?

Hey Melissa! I will have to go back and read last nights post to see what you were up too. I hope that you are having a good day at work. :) Make it a good one tonight for your workout!

It is raining here and will be all weekend. Phooey!

Ok...I think I am awake enough to hit that treadmill and bike. BBL Heidi

Last edited:
Hey, Michelle!!! Guess what??!! I was MIA until just this past Monday! LOL Seriously. I was floudnering around and floundering some more, and then on Monday, I just decided it was time to bite the bullet and get serious AGAIN! So the gang's back together. Now let's ROCK IT HARD! You've got some DOMS to catch up on, my dear! So glad to have you back.

Heidi...if you go to bfl.com, click along the right side where it says PROGRESS REPORTS under CHALLENGE. You'll see it there...Excel Formatted Daily Progress Reports.

YAY! Michelle's back too!

Gayle

Thanks Gayle! I will check it out!

As soon as I thought it was time to hit the basement for my workout....my DH calls me and wanted to get together for an (emergency) meeting. Geesh! Some emergency! Go out to lunch?! Had a salad with steak and brought most of it home for later. Just wasnt' hungry.

Have been home but cleaning as usual when I am aggravated. ;)

I will get in that workout later. BBL Heidi

Hi Ladies!! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Work was really stressful and I really needed a no-pc night!!

Amelia - sorry to hear about school, but you need to do what is right for you and your family. ^^^^5's to you for giving it a shot!

Gayle - to answer your ? about workouts, right now I'm throwing in some circuits just for the fun of it. But man, I am feeling it! HSTA the other night just about killed me. I've also been experimenting with kettlebells and I love them. I think I'll give that a few weeks then go back to BFL-style with heavy weights.

Kathy - I have never heard that word before. "THUT"....LOVE IT!!!

Heidi - that's some "emergency"!!! Your dream made me LOL!!!

Michelle - WELCOME BACK!!! I've only been back for a few weeks myself. I was MIA for a little while until it dawned on me that I really NEED to be here!

My workout plans are CCPP tonight since I don't know if I'll have the time to fit it in tomorrow. That is one long workout!! Then not much of anything for the weekend. DD has a soccer game tomorrow but it will probably get rained out.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day!!

Hi Melissa!

So what is CCPP? Is another Cardio Coach that you have to purchase or is it a combined workout from all of the series? How do I get this one? ;)

You got that right about the game....it is going to be a yucky weekend. :(

I thought something was up with your work being so hectic lately. You have a nice relaxing weekend to kick back and read a good book or just veggout as my kids would say. ;)

I told you all about that dream but DH! ;) I will tell him tonight to see what he thinks it means. :) It was just so ridiculous! I think it was a combination of a James Bond car chase and then a scene with Mat Damon in The Bourne Identity.

Have a great relaxing evening everyone!
BBL or tomorrow! Heidi
A big hello out to Belinda, Steph and Sherry!

Hi again,

Gayle: Just checked out the Progress Reports and Exercises. How many of the exercises lets say for upper do you complete in one day?

Example Chest: Day 1: There are 6 choices but we are only to pick 2 to be done for that day?

When I first started back in Oct of last year I was using S&H, Pyramid, and GS series. So I got used to doing quite a few exercises per body part. Could you give me an example of your weeks plan?

Thanks,
Heidi

Hi Heidi! CCPP is one of Sean's workouts that he created. You can buy if from chooseliving.org and all proceeds go to the Choose Living Foundation. I was going to try and describe it to you in my own words, but have copied and pasted it for you from chooseliving.org.

On January 27th, 2007, Jim MacLaren's voice resonated through the headphones of exercisers all around the world. The after effects of this special day left a wake of hard earned sweat and burned calories but more importantly, people were left inspired to engage their life with a new found desire and passion.
Press Play combines Jim's motivational words of wisdom with a 'best of' compilation of Sean O'Malley's Cardio Coach™ Guided Workout Series, the first audio guided workout program to be sold and downloaded over the internet. The Press Play workout can be used on any type of cardio machine or for an outdoor run or walk.
Some have even claimed they listen to the workout just to get motivated for the day. Due to popular requests, Press Play - 2007 is made available for you to take advantage in the event you missed the big day.

It is really quite amazing. I cry just about every time I do it!!

Have a great night and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Oh, and I have to go check out those progress forms that Gayle was talking about...

Hey Melissa!

Thank you! I purchased it and am ready for tomorrow!

I just finished my workout planned for today. Feel so much better!!! ;)

iCycle #7 20min
iTread #22 20min (PW to flush out the legs after the cycle ride)

Did you get in your workout? :)

I printed and saved the worksheets that Gayle mentioned. I just have to figure out the routine and how many of the exercises per body part I am suppose to do.

Have a great night everyone! Be Back in the AM!

Heidi

^^^^^5's on getting your workout in, Heidi! And enjoy CCPP tomorrow. Let me know what you think!

I just finished CCPP. I knew I wouldn't have time to get it in tomorrow. I feel great and I'm all pumped up. Only problem is: it's 9:39pm. I have a feeling I won't be falling asleep anytime soon!!!:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.