BFL Sunday....get ready for a NEW week!

Hi to everone,

Hi Kathy and Jennifer: My wrist got injured about a month or so ago from a fall I took in the kitchen. There was a puddle from snow that I didn't see and hit the floor pretty hard. (right hip and right hand) I thought maybe it was just a bruise but now I am thinking I may have fracured it. It has been hurting too long at this point to just be bruised. Really should call doc tomorrow....but now we are due for another snowstorm. The amounts of snow are going up by the hour! Oh Boy! Better get out now and get some extra food and shovels.

Michelle: Thanks for your comments. I have been having a hard time getting in those early morning exercises. But getting it done at some point is better than nothing at all right? ;-)

I hope everyone enjoys their free day. BBL Heidi :D

You hang in there Heidi -- that's why it is called Body for "Life" -- we'll just keep on trucking. I'm sure I'm going to have "down" times too -- and you'll be cheering me on to get through it.

Gayle - I use the vanilla protein and add it to other flavors of pudding.. butterscotch, banana, ooohh I forgot pistachio -- that's awesome!! :) Yummy!

I am soooo ready to start week 3!!!

Michelle

Hi girls,

Heidi** way to go on Body Max 2! Did you do the entire 97 min. or a premix?

Susan** good job on the 2 pound weight loss! I picked up Ellie Krieger’s cookbook “Small changes big results “from the library last week! I like the recipes form the book!

Sherry** enjoy your rest day!

Mellissa** enjoy your rest day too! I am glad I am not the only one with the 6 meals! I have to work on those next week! Nice workout yesterday! Great job on your weight loss!

Jennifer** your chicken stew looks good! Have fun with your workout today!

Michelle** I am glad you enjoyed your friends last night! It feels good not to eat so much eating out! I went out with my DH and my sitter! I didn’t eat that much! I did really well! I was proud of myself! Everybody else got up and got seconds and thirds!

Kathy** looks like you had a free day yesterday too! Nice workout this morning!

Gayle** I need to copy your meal times! Maybe I remember to eat more! That is funny! Your pictures look awesome!

Week 2 here I come! Since my eating wasn't that great in week 1!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

OK! WOW! My rest day is turning into a WORK day! lol I'm going up and down stairs from the basement up to the attic, carrying heavy storage boxes. My current project is to reorganize the basement and make MORE room for my workout area. To do that, I am cleaning off the 2 large sets of shelves down there and putting the 'storable' stuff all the way up in the attic. PLUS DS keeps asking to play me 1-on-1 basketball so that's what I've been doing during my 'work breaks'. lol DS is 10, 110# and almost knocked me on my ARSE boxing me out under the hoop! GEESH! Big TOUGH kid! lol

OK...back at it! I'll be online tonight, I THINK, before bed and before I plan out tomorrow's workout!

here are my personals:

Heidi-I had a cyst removed from one of my wrists about 3 years ago, and when I was cleared for workouts, I started back with push ups on my knees, hands on my step (started high, like 10” or so). That may ease some stress on the wrist IF IF IF you feel you can do it. SNOW-I just dug out our shovels again too. We’re supposed to get anywhere from 3-8” of snow tonight and tomorrow. I’d LOVE a snow day off of school/work! LOL

Susan-I live (and have always lived) in Nazareth PA. Home of Mario Andretti (my dad grew up racing with him). Where is your mom from and where do you have family now??? As for the dog….I can’t imagine rubber would be good for ANYBODY’s digestive system! HA! GREAT JOB on that loss, girl! I would recommend the EFL cookbook. I’ve made several things from it and everything’s been so good!

Sherry-CONGRATS on hitting the halfway mark!!!!! I hope you’re enjoying your rest day! Let’s KICK IT IN with tomorrow’s workout, ok??? Enjoy that new cookbook. I’ve had it from the library and there are some YUMMY things in there!

Melissa-I like TODAY’S weigh-in much better, don’t you? lol GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How were the quiche with tomatoes? I have a box of cauliflower and will be trying that later this week! I just made up a batch myself this morning with broccoli, which is my favorite combo! On my pics….>THANKS! I just had my hair cut mid-week and it is shorter than normal, so BED HEAD was pretty fierce this morning! LOL How did you like the Beef & Barley soup???

Marcia-WELCOME. I haven’t ‘seen’ you in a while! Here is an example of what I normally eat during the day:
M1: Egg Whites (4) or Egg White Mini Quiches with 1 slice ww toast
M2: chicken or tuna in a low carb wrap, or Myoplex Lite shake
M3: 4 small Protein pancakes
M4: Serving of soup, or a low carb wrap with chicken or tuna
M5: Usually a soup with 1:1 carb:protein or grilled meat or fish with brown rice and veggies
M6: apple and 2 or 3 string cheese

Jennifer-[font color=red]didn’t you hear they CLOSED ALL WaWa stores? I heard they found mouse dropping in the coffee and donuts! STAY AWAY![/font] The soup recipe you posted looks good. Where did you get it? I’ve added it to my ‘to-make’ list! THANKS for the comment on my pics. I’ve never really EVER seen my abs before! HA!

Michelle-you’ve been ON FIRE….I vote you keep that tape measure CLOSE BY to keep you in check! Whatever it takes, right??? Keep on TRUCKIN’!!!!!!!!! And thanks for the comment on my pic….like I said in an earlier post…I recommend taking them, even if you just keep them private. OH! And I never thought of using the vanilla protein stuff with flavored pudding mixes. I’ll try that soon!

Kathy-we don’t have a Sonic around here, but it sounds like that’s a good thing! LOL

Gayle

Hey!!
Looks like everyone is having a good day! The family and I headed to Little Rock to shop for bar stools..got them at Garden Ridge and stocked up on stuff from Sams. Now I am just getting laudry done etc. Classes start back for me tomoorrow so I'll be working out early.
Gayle my mom was born in Honey Brook and lived there until she was 10. We have been back a few times to visit.

Belinda-I got Ellies new cookbook "The Food You Crave"..its got some really yummy/healthy recipes.

Kathy- I can relate about the dog being like a child! She is our baby.

Hi Michelle!

Jenn-the soup looks great!

Im off to clean more!

Hey Gayle,

You and I are on the same wave length....I am currently cleaning out my basement workout area too!:) Just picked up some large boxes yesterday to put away all the paint cans and brushes etc. We have so many different rooms that are painted differently paint cans are piling up.

Hey Belinda: I decided to do the BodyMax 2 Timesaver...got 1st round done and then changed my mind and went on to do all three cardio sessions. I did the abs and stretch from BodyMax 2 also.

Now showered and dressed and ready to go to the store for those extra shovels. It is going to be a mess here for awhile with all the snow coming.

Great job everyone!
On to a new week.
BBL Heidi

Hey Heidi! Are you saving the extra paint??? I am, just thought I'd ask!

Belinda-tomorrow I'm planning on BFL lower body weights, plus additions somewhat like Kathy posted the other day!

Gayle

Gayle - LOVED the Beef & Barley soup. I had it for lunch today. It was really good!!

I just got back from my nephew's BDay party and there were alot of good(bad) snacks there. And nothing really appealed to me. I told myself on the way there that I could eat whatever I wanted, in moderation of course, but I only snacked on carrots & celery. I did have a slice of cake, but it wasn't that good so I didn't finish it. I feel really good about that!! Normally, I would just snack away without thinking about it.

Hope everyone had a good day! Talk to you all tomorrow!!

Hi Gayle,

I am definelty saving the extra paint! Those carpenters come in to do work and end up leaving holes for me to repair and repaint!

I have a crew coming to plaster the 3rd floor soon and I can just imagine what my 2 flights of staircase walls are going to look like when they finally leave. Oooooo x( Make me angry that they can't be a little more careful. Well....when it is all done I will be relieved big time! I will be relaxing in my new Jacuzzi on the 3rd floor...known as "Mom's space Only!" :)

Have a great night everyone!
BBT Heidi

Hi Ladies~

I just finished Power Max (remember this one .. LOL) I thought I would break it out, I think it's been quite a while since I did this one. Got a good workout even though I can only use a 6inch step height. Don't sweat as much as I do w/ a 8 inch, but it will have to do.

Tomorrow I start back on BBC Rotation. I am determined to get through a 4-week rotation using this :)

Gayle~ I found the recipe on FitbyTracey.com. That will be my lunch for the week. I have made up a few batches of Protein Pancakes as well.

BBL,
XOXO
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Hey guys! Just saying good night and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to tomorrow's lower body HEAVY weight work! HA!

Kathy-question about the meatloaf muffins. What size box of stuffing? I bought a 10oz bag of an organice variety stuffing and I'm hoping that's the right size bag? I'm making them tomorrow!

GOOD NIGHT! Let's rock this coming week!

Gayle

Hi ladies- this may be too late to post but I would really love to join you challenge. I have done BFL in the past but never made it past week 3 or 4. But this time I am committed to sticking to it for the entire twelve weeks!! I think I need to do the program exactly as it is written because when I start to "tweak" it I get into trouble!

I have a lot of weight to lose (80 lbs.)- has anyone done this program and lost a considerable amnount of weight or do you find it really just helps with the last 10-20 pounds and leaning out?

This looks like a super group and I am looking forward to being part of the challenge!

Gayle- I checked out your story and pics and I am blown away by how great you look! Congrats!

Love,
Jean

Hi Jean~ Welcome!!
I could of written your post. This will be my 4 or 5th (lost count) challenge...I got to W6 on my last challenge!
Tomorrow I am starting again. We can do this together!! :):)

Have a great night!
Off to bed, need to be at work early tomorrow!
C'mon Feb 11th...another Week off from work. :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.