BFL...Sunday April 13

HPLECTRA

Cathlete
Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Wow I get to start this post! Hello Belinda...are you awake?

What are your plans for today girls?

Mine...Get in a complete body workout. Make that Applesauce/pumkin bread. Are you ready Melissa for the bake off? ;-)

BBL Heidi

Good morning Heidi!

You are just a few steps ahead of me.

My plans - LBWO and a good stretch, then powerwalking inside the rink while DD has ice skating.

BBL after my workout.

Heidi, I NEED the recipe of your Applesauce/Pumkin bread please! Sounds delicious! Can I join the bake-off? What exactly are you doing for your total body workout?

Sherry, have a great LBWO and powerwalk! Great use of your time while at the rink!

I may do GS BSB, but after yesterday's run, I may NOT! We'll see!

bbl

Hi Sherry:

Which Lowerbody workout do you have in mind?

I have been trying to decide which full body workout I want to attempt today. My back is still pretty sore from working the yard. :eek:

Have a great workout and powerwalk!

BBL Heidi

Good Morning Stephanie!

Here is the recipe:

APPLESAUCE PUMPKIN MUFFINS
From Tosca Reno's "The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook"
Pg. 25

(Instead of muffins I make it into a loaf)

Preheat over: 375
Line muffin pan w/paper or silicon liners (better to use non-stick pans and spray with pam)
Or spray non-stick loaf pan

1C old fashioned oatmeal, (non-instant)
1/2C unsweetened applesauce
1/2C canned pumpkin
2 Large egg whites + 1 yolk, lightly beaten
2TBSP + 1tsp canola oil
1TBSP double acting baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp ground nutmeg
1tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2C milk or milk alternative or 1/2C apple juice ( I used 1% milk)
1/2C amaranth or quinoa flour or flour of your choice (I used unbleached white flour)
1/4C whole-wheat flour
1/4C maple sugar flakes ( I used brown sugar)
1/2C dried cranberries or raisins (optional) I used raisins

In mixing bowl w/mixer on med speed mix all wet ingredients.
In another bowl mix all dry ingredients and then place into wet ingredients and mix well scrapping sides of mixing bowl.

pour into muffin pans or *loaf pan.
Bake muffins for approx. 15-20min or until lightly browned on top.

*Bake loaf for approx. 40-60min or until a knife cut into center comes out clean.

Cool and enjoy! I pre-slice and place in zip-lock bags and freeze if making a double batch. Makes for a quick grab and go that can be heated in microwave or toasted. Yummy with light cream cheese for breakfast or a snack. :9 :9 :9

How are those legs today? Sounds like they are pretty sore from the race.:eek:

BBL Heidi

Ok...I have decided what I am going to do.

PushPull Full body workout. Wish me luck! I haven't done this one in awhile. :)

BBL Heidi

Thanks for the recipe Heidi! I plan on making it this afternoon! :9 Legs are pretty sore! Calves and shins don't ache at all though! Man was I hungry all day yesterday! I couldn't fill up! I ate clean though! I would eat a FULL bowl of Turkey Chili and 1/2 hour later my belly would growl! So I ate yogurt, but was still hungry...I guess from burning so much fuel I needed to replenish. I can't imagine running as far as Gayle and Kathy! Wow, I admire them!

ok, gotta go for now! Thanks again for the recipe!

ETA: Have fun with Push/Pull! That's a good one! }(

Good Morning!
I guess since Belinda is on Texas time now, shes still snoozing!

Heidi, have fun with PP..I like to do the full body x2 premix. THanks for the recipe!

Hi Sherry, Have fun with that LBWO and walk.

Stephanie, Have a great day!! You may just need a day off after yesterday!!!! I admire YOU..I just can't run!

Today is supposed to be a rest day, but I am thinking of walking on the TM.

I am off to make breakfast and get the day going.

Hi to everyone!!

Oh and thanks to everyone for the advice on the sex talk with DD.

Good morning. Quickie here again.

I was BUSY yesterday...baseball all day, then I babysat for my best friend's kids till late last night. This morning was a 4.25 mile run, nice and steady.

I'm headed to church right now, then breakfast with my parents. My boys ended up staying at SO's house last night, and it's weird having the house to myself!

BBL to check in on you all! Stay strong for the rest of the weekend.

I MISS CHATTING WITH YOU GUYS!

Gayle

Good morning girls,

I am awake! I am still tired! LOL! Went shopping with my kids and DH for a washer! Can't go without a washer! Went to Costco and found one!! I didn't worked out yesterday, I was to tired around 4 pm! I got up early today! My plan is to work legs and do cardio! I have too! U need to catch up!

I will be back afer my coffee!
Have a good Sunday!
Belinda

Heidi - I'm ready for the bake-off. I didn't even see that muffin recipe in Tosca's book so I just ran to my bookshelf and grabbed it. Those look delish!! I'm either going to make those or the applesauce banana bread but as muffins instead of the loaf.

Sherry - I'm with you on LBWO today. Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. Maybe PP lower body 3x. Now that Heidi mentioned PP, I might have to do it.

Stephanie - I think you might deserve a rest day today!;-) I was the same way yesterday with being hungry all day, but you definetley have more of a reason for it that I do!

Good morning Susan and Gayle!

Have a great day. Oh, I lost 2.4 lbs this week...YAY!! I've been stuck for the longest time so I was happy to see the scale move even though I told AMELIA that we should throw them out the window..:eek:

Hey!
I just wanted to post this recipe real quick. I make these for my DD and she loves them
I know they arent THE healthiest things, but compared to a pop tart or sugar cereal, I will take these anyday.

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes

1 cups oat..quick or old fashioned
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 t vanilla
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1/4 stick melted butter

You could also add rasins and cinnamon if you like.

Mix and cook like pancakes.

Next time I make these I plan to try and use only egg whites and vegatble oil in place of the butter.

Hi girls,

Stephanie** you did awesome yesterday! Great job! My nose is all stuffed up today! I think it’s the dry heat!

Amelia** thanks for sharing the picture! That is so cute!

Heidi** I will be in the US until May or longer! I hope DH and I will figure out what we will do with the house and DS! Right now I will get the house ready just in case! I also need to check out that weight bench at WM! Aww, about the waiting!

Melissa and Michelle I agree with Heidi, as for the subject on S…and kids….I also had these talks with my children early before they heard garbage from kids at school.

Sherry** I am very tired! I did sleep last, but still can't keep my eys open! LOL!

I nned more coffee! I will be back after my workout!

Have a great Sunday and wokout! Hi to the rest of the gang!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hey girls

Im having another arguement with myself today:eek: i'am unsure if i should take a rest day or finish up with last weeks workouts and do what i was suppose to do last night...GS Shoulders,back and biceps

anyways,i found a rotation that im going to start tommorrow,its one of fitnessfreaks and it looks really good! Here is a link to it!

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=6459

I need to change.Im inspired by our Michelle's post on friday;-) And after measureing yesterday without any results x(i figure its time for a change! I will still eat every 2-3hrs and just try to keep it clean with a carb and a protien. And still have my free day on saturday!

Mellisa-High fives on the scale,thats fantastic!!! I just went and got mine from outside the window and put in back in the trunk of my car;-) for safe keeping...until next saturday,i figure if i don't weigh everyday i won't drive myself insane!

Belinda-I hope you feel better,this weather lately will make everybody sickx( 70s on fridays and now is in the 50's??

Sherry-Have fun with your LBWO and powerwalk,i Love powerwalking...think i will do that alot in this new rotation!

Stephanie-i couldn't keep full yesteray either? Well,it was my cheat day and i ended up with a belly ache,LOL}( .good job on eating clean yesterday,high fives!

Heidi-How was push/pull full body? I plan on purchasing both pushpull and supersets one day! I just love all of cathe's weight workouts too much to not own them all!

Susan-Enjoy your rest day or your walk day,whatever you decided on! Im also undecided at this pointx(!

Gayle-enjoy the house to yourself,whenever that happens im always unsure about what to do? LOL. But it hardly ever happens!

hey to everybody that follows:)

ETA-My DS,whos three in one month,is going through a phase-its SO cute! He just walks up to me and his daddy and gives us big hugs and says" I wuv you momma/dadda" :). Im cherishing this time! I need to get out my camcorder.

bbl

Hi and I am back,

Just finished PP and making breakfast with youngest DS. He is sooo cute! He wanted to make breakfast for DH and me by himself. He made boiled eggs, pancakes and grilled peanut butter sandwiches. DH had the sandwich with eggs made into stuffed eggs. I had boiled eggs with a peanut butter sandwich. (Extra protein for me after that weight workout) DS had the eggs and pancakes. Yummy! Nice to have someone make breakfast for me once in awhile!

For the PushPull workout I used all the weights that Cathe used except for the 25#’s for one arm rows. (I don‘t have 25# weights and I was too lazy to put the pace weights on)
My DH came down just as I was finishing and remarked that I didn’t look like I worked out because I wasn’t as sweaty as I usually am. I guess this was fairly easy for me today and will have to go much heavier next time around. Mmmmm never thought I would be saying that!

Amelia: I took a look at that workout schedule…Wow! She sure has some great rotations! Your DS sounds adorable! Yes…do cherish every moment. Have fun with your workout from GS!

Hi Belinda: Glad that you are here and in the same time zone with us! Hopefully you will be feeling rested up in the next day or so once you get used to it.
It must be a tough decision to sell your house! Are you planning on living in Germany permanently? Have a good fun workout…it should hopefully wake you up.:)

Hello Susan: Thank you for the pancake recipe! They sound yummy! Yes, using egg whites and canola oil would be a better alternative. Also, using light or fat free sour cream too. Enjoy you morning!

Hi Melissa! Awesome job on the weight loss! What would you contribute it to? Less sugar…using heavier weights or more cardio?
Which ever workout you decide on have a good one!

Hey Gayle: Nice run this morning! Nice to have some time to yourself for a awhile. How did the game go?
Enjoy your afternoon with your parents.

Hello Susan: I guess the next time I do PP I will have to the X2 workout! I didn’t feel as though I worked that hard with the original version even with heavier weights.
Have a great morning and workout later. Hey how are the studies going?

Stephanie: I hope you enjoy the muffins/bread! My whole family likes this one.
Have a good stretch on those legs and easy walk to unwind. :)

Ok….who’s missing today? Michelle! How are you this morning? What are your plans for today?

Have a great day everyone! BBL Heidi

Heidi,
How sweet of your DS. How old is he??
Studies are going well. Finals are on the 5th and I am ready for a break this summer.

I love PP but never feel worked out unless I do the 2x premix.

Hi Susan,

DS is now as of the 6th of April 13! He is almost taller than me now and I am 5.5! All my kids are taller than DH and I.:D

You are right...I will have to do PP 2X next time around. Ha....maybe I should do this tonight. ;-) Only kidding. I will wait until another day. I do have to do my abs later and maybe a cardio workout.

Good luck on your finals! My DD has her's coming up soon as well. She only has 1 year to go and then she moves on to graduate school. I think in-between she may just take some time off so she doesn't get too burned out.
Do you have any special plans for your time off this summer?

I going to make some bread but I will be back. Heidi :7

I remember it being a BIG deal to turn 13! Time sure does fly.

No major plans this summer. Going back to Mississippi the first week in June for DD to go to Day Camp with friends while I paint a couple of rooms in our house there we are trying to sell, and I will help out with VBS at our church there. I sure do miss home!!! Other than that just hanging out with DD and swimming everyday... Well DD will swim and I will get cool in the water when I get hot. I am NOT a water person at all. Wish I was..buttt. I am soo dreading getting into a swim suit. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I have never been this heavy before. I feel gross! Thank goodness I workout!

Any big plans for you?

Melissa...yayyy on the weight loss!!! What have you found that works the best for you over the week food wise?

Thanks everyone!

Susan - I would have to say having my meals not only prepared in advance, but written out in advance as well. Once I have something written down, there's about a 99% chance that that's what I'm going to do. I've been doing the same with my workouts. I've been writing them out in advance and choosing weight that I probably would have chickened out on if I didn't already have it written down. Those Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes look delicious. I wonder if you could use applesauce as a substitute instead of the butter?

Belinda - HI! Glad you had a safe trip and you must be in heaven being with your kids!!!

Amelia - I checked out that rotation. It looks great. Maybe you just need to shake something up a little bit to get things back moving in the right/down direction. ;) Did you really put your scale in the trunk of your car? I think that's a great idea, actually!! Oh, and definetly cherish these cute moments with DS. They don't last long enough, that's for sure!

Heidi - I don't know if it's less sugar that got the scale moving again. The only sugar in my diet is in the coffee, so maybe that's what did it. I ended up drinking alot more water this week in place of the coffee so that probably had an impact too. Definetly having my meals prepared & written down makes a huge difference for me.

I have the banana applesauce bread in the oven right now but I'm doing it as muffins instead of a loaf and I can alreay tell that this is going to make about 18-24 muffins. I let you know how they turn out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.