BFL - Monday 5/12

Kathy - I'm glad that you enjoy reading my menus!!

Connie - I agree with Kathy. If you're hungry, eat another one of your meals. Just space the rest out as the day goes on.

I am really craving something sweet right now and that's not like me. Might be because we celebrated my boss' birthday a little while ago and there was not one, but two cakes. A carrot cake and a sinfully rich-looking chocolate cake. I passed of course, but now I know that they are in the fridge and they are haunting me.

Oh, not sure if I told you ladies or not, but this Friday is my I LOVE ME day!! I think I may have posted about this a couple of months ago. I've been squirreling away some cash here and there and saved a gift card to my favorite spa (xmas gift!). I cannot wait. I'm dropping DD off at school and heading to the spa for a facial and pedicure, re-doing my hair there (not sure if any of you have ever had a facial, but it really does a number on your hair-do!), then I'm off to shop for a couple of new outfits and possibly some shoes. I'm really excited! This whole week is actually going to be great. Tomorrow night I'm getting my hair done. I LOVE getting my hair done. I think I'm going to get it cut like in my avatar. Right now it's the same style, but about shoulder length. Then Thursday night I'm meeting a friend that I haven't seen in 2 years for dinner. Can you tell I'm trying to keep myself busy with giving you TMI hoping that my sugar craving will be over and it will be time to go home?!?!?!;-) hehehe

Looking forward to LB tonight. Last week I did one-legged squats with a 20 lb kettlebell. I saw them on bodybuilding.com. I had DOMS in places I didn't know existed! I had a hard time balancing, so tonight I'm going to try doing them with my dynaband wrapped around a pole in the basement. Only it just dawned on me that I won't be able to hold a weight...hmmmm, we'll see how it goes.

Okay, I'm done rambling. I have about 1/2 hour until it's time to go home. I'll find something to busy myself with to keep my mind off that cake. It probably tastes disgusting anyway...right?!:7

Phooey on the cake Melissa….it probably tastes TERRIBLE! Think of it topped with your least favorite thing….brussel sprouts? Blech!!! }(

Kathy

P.S. Can you tell it’s been a slow day for me, lol? ;P

Hello,

Just checking in to see what has been going on….

Melissa: Are you home yet? Get on with the LB workout and that cake will be off your mind for sure!
I used to fill a jar one quarter at a time for every workout I had accomplished. When the jar was full I would by something new towards my exercise wardrobe or a new DVD. Maybe I should do this again because I need more incentive these days to get it done! Have fun with your facial and shopping spree.

Oh yuck! I don’t like brussel sprouts either!!!

Connie: I guess trying to fit in 2 separate workouts for the day isn’t going to work in this case if you have to get up that early for work. Do you have an extended lunch break? Maybe a mid-day walk followed by some type of weight workout after you get home might do the trick. (If all is ok with your doc of course) ;)

Gayle: That is quite a bit of money your school kids got saved up towards the LLS donation! The kids must all feel great at what they have accomplished together.

Hi Kathy: I did really enjoy this workout! My legs are still sore from GS legs the other day and this helped get them moving again. On the hill inclines I walked at 4.0 and sweated buckets! I can’t imagine trying to run this completely through but I am tempted.
I would love to see what the other workouts are like from Fitness magazine!

Waiting for DD to call to be picked up.
Did I tell you all that she applied for a grant? She never dreamed that she would get it but she did! She is dancing on air! Now she doesn't have to waitress this summer to make ends meet. What a relief! Now she can concentrate on her studies and not worry.

After I pick her up I am coming home to finish my workout that I had planned! That quarter is going into a new savings jar starting tonight!

BBL Heidi

Heidi - congrats to your DD for getting that grant. That's fantastic. LB workout done and you're right, I didn't give that cake another thought. :7 I like that idea about a quarter in a jar for every workout! I owe myself 50 cents so far...:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.