BFL for Wednesday 12/12

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning everybody! Is it Wednesday already? These weeks just fly by sometimes! Geesh!

Early post for me...I am trying to get up a bit earlier so I don't have to rush around after my workout to shower, post, get the kids ready, etc.

This morning's leg workout was GS Legs, standing portion. Since my kids popped my stability ball a few weeks back, I had to choose another option. So I added on B&G floor work (plus the fire walkers..can't forget them puppies, lol). I'm fried. I haven't done GS Legs in months, and I increased the weights quite a bit (used a 65# bb). We'll see how the lower half feels tomorrow!

Today is my usual busy Wednesday. Kids to school, then I'm off to clean my friend's house, then school/work, then the kids have religion class after dinner. So I won't be back online (most likely) until tonight.

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I didn't get to check-in yesterday. Another non-stop day for me.

I did get in my workout though. I decided to do GS Legs and went up in my weights by 5#'s. I am really feeling this today!}(

Great Job Jennifer on this one!

Same to you Gayle!

Today's plan:
KPC
coremax 3
stretchmax 3

Colleen: How are you doing? Glad that you are feeling better and getting to do some workouts now. :)

Hi Michelle: What is your plan for today?

I will have to go back and read yesterdays posts.

Take Care, Have a great day! BBL Heidi :D

HA! GS Legs seems to be the leg workout of choice these days! lol We'll all be walking funny this week!

Hi, Heidi! :D

Gayle

Hi back again,

Gayle: Glad you liked the iTread! I downloaded my free iTreads on Sunday.:) I ended up getting: iTread Ballet, iTread Armed and Dangerous and iTread-N-Tush.

I too get that starving thing and could eat a horse! Somedays I don't want even water but I know that starving myself will only lead to slowing my metabolism. When your not really hungry...try cutting your meals down even further by spreading them out over the day.

As for peanut butter...I love this! I use almond butter or nut butter instead of the store bought Skippy or Jiff. These have way too much sugar. Like Colleen...I use this as extra protein for snacks instead of always eating cheese. Cheese should be eaten in moderation for it is an artery clogger.

Michelle: I too have to admit to having two left feet! :D It takes me several times through a step routine before I can even get the first blast down! Oh well...repeat and then repeat again. This makes for a longer but harder workout.}(

Jennifer: I will be thinking of you today. I hope things go well in court and your Ex doesn't give you a hard time.

As for that trainer...not very professional on his part. He must be having an affair with that girl?! Sounds like it to me.

BBL

Hello ladies!

Firewalkers are my FAVORITE!! :)

I hate to post my workouts (since you all know I opened my 4DS) but like I said, my justification is I have to "work up" to whatever rotation you ladies decide in January. :) So last night I did bootcamp. Loved it. I think these bootcamp workouts are more my style - I was able to follow along no problem. However, (bows head) I didn't make it through the entire workout. After what Cathe calls "suicide runs" I nearly passed out. :( Anyway, I didn't give up -- I rested for about ten minutes -- and then I did the weight workout which was bis and tris.

I REALLY need to get one of the i-trains. I STILL have not heard from customer service. UGH. Okay, I think I'm going to have to log on while at work with my work e-mail and then e-mail it from work to my home computer. (In case you don't know what I'm talking about I tried to "log in" and it won't accept my e-mail address, strange.)

Best of luck Jennifer at court. Give him heck!! :)

I'm going to have to try Almond Butter!! I ate two string cheeses yesterday and it gave me a stomach ache!

Later-
Michelle

Morning Everyone!! :)

Miserable day today, I don't know what's wrong w/ me this week...oh well :(
Ice/Snow storm is supposed to roll in sometime tonight. Not sure what they are calling for, but w/ ice it can't be good.

Tonight is Gym Style Chest DVD. Really not in the mood to exercise tonight, but I will force myself through it. Just getting started is always the problem!

Gayle~ Great work on GS Legs today! Wow 65 lbs!! Have a nice busy day today!!

Heidi~ Great job also on GS Legs...we just love this workout, don't we? :) I will have to try Almond butter..never had this before, you are correct, their is SO much sugar in Jeffy/Skippy PB.

Michelle~ Great job on bootcamp. Circuit workouts never seem to be my thing, but sometimes I like to pull this one out. I'm w/ you on 4DS, I haven't attempted the step portions on this, but I am sure I will have 2-left feet with you! I did do the Kickbox workout, not bad...but I love KP&C :) Sweat was pouring when I did this on Saturday!

Today is one of those days, I just don't feel like eating, and my water intake has been horrible this week. I been getting at least 100+oz in...but just very slowly! I guess it;s TTOM soon...There are cookies, cookies everywhere here today, I am so tempted to down a few, but so far I have stayed far, far away! It's been almost 6 weeks, and not one screw up. :) I just have to keep reminding myself I can do this!!! :)

Be back later ~ :):)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Jennifer-when do you go to court??? As for the cookies, why don't you take some home and stick them in your freezer??? Save them for Sunday.

On the 4DS topic (ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...it's getting so close to the time for me to rip that package open! LOL)...I'm hoping that when I finally dig into a 4DS rotation, that I'll be able to get the footwork down quick enough to get an effective workout! HA! Am I trying to justify the thoughts of opening that package NOW? lol

HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

All this talk of PB. I made a peanut butter pie this past weekend and it was HEAVEN!!!!

Gayle

Hi Gayle~ I go to court on Friday. It is just a conference scheduled between the couselor, my ex, and me. I was speaking to my ex last night, and I will be really surprised if he shows up. He hasn't mentioned a thing to me about it, which I find really strange. Didn't mention receiving the letter or anything. Hey, either way they will garnish his wages...his choice to show up or not. Hopefully he doesn't though, I don't want to deal with him!

I behaved on the cookies, I even brought some over from the other office for someone and didn't touch one!!! :) But, oh they look so good. There would be no way I could take some home with me, they would never make it :)

Yum, PB pie, never had it, but it sounds awesome!

Ok, GS Chest/Tri's or PUB tonight. The only issue I have w/ GS Chest/Tri's is, I don't have a band. Dang kids kept on playing w/ it and snapped it in half! I guess I could always do that part w/ light dumbbells, huh?
What is better for definition? GS or PUB? Maybe I should do a rotation w/ Pyramids for a month. I would probably do something else besides PLB, but I can always use PUB.

~Jennifer~

Well, so much for my “roll” in getting up early. Not only did I hit snooze but I somehow accidentally turned the alarm all the way off and woke up very late this morning….eek!! I did make it to work on time and packed my food, but definitely no workout in this morning. I’m tempted to try weights again today. We’ll see how the back is going.

Heidi: I just taped Coremax and Stretchmax from FitTV and haven’t had a chance to try them yet. You are movitating me to get to it!!

Michelle: Um, I rarely make it through most of Cathe’s workouts…no shame there!! As long as you get a good workout in, that’s what counts. I have been thinking of pulling Boot Camp out and giving it a shot again. I’ve been lazy. All my videos are outside in storage in our garage and I’ve been relying on FitTv workouts lately. The garage is “so far” to walk to!

Jennifer: 100 oz of water is great!! I’m a diet coke ADDICT and drink it until 2 pm and then finally start on my water. I feel good if I get 64 oz in!

Colleen

Hi Jennifer and Michelle,

Jennifer: Hang in there! You will be happy you did.:) I think you are right about the TOM thing. This couple of days before can really drag you down. I know for me the past week has been terrible. I missed my workouts on Fri,Sat and Sun!:-( I am making up for it this week though.
GS Legs yesterday was really a great workout and I am feeling every darn minute of it! Just tightening my legs a little it hurts.
I went to do KPC and there was no way my legs were going to get high enough for the kicks! I stopped and went on to LIS with an 8" step instead. This was a great workout for loosening up. Loved it! }(
I feel much better and am now doing piles of paperwork.

Michelle: Great job on Boot Camp from 4DS. I can't wait to try this one out. I know just the original is tough! My friend did this the other day and has been feeling it ever since! (Of course I just had to have her do Legs and glutes 2 days later!) }( She is due to come over this afternoon for another workout what should she do this time!? I will have to see how she is feeling after thoughs 2 workouts...hehehe ;-) She is following the Body Fat & Legs and Glutes rotation from Jul 04 with a few modifications.

Well my DH is home from his Orthopedic appt. and has to have surgery to remove something in his knee. I think a piece of wood from working on the 3rd floor went into his knee and is now causing him grief. He will be out of work for the next 4.5 weeks. This is due in part to the surgery, holiday closing and our vacation coming up in Jan. Wow, a whole month off! He did say he wanted a break. :D

Have to get to work...BBL :)

Hi Colleen:

Glad to have these ab exercises and stretch DVD's. After doing GS legs I really needed extra stretching!:)

I think it is time for you to walk that extra few steps to your garage. With all these new rotations I am sure that it would be worth your time to get those DVD's out.;-)

Have a great workout when you get the chance.:D

I just finished making a Shepard's Pie to have for lunch and stock for later on. Now I am doing paperwork and have to get back to it. I get distracted way too easily!:)

BBL Heidi

Ok... (hanging my head low) :( :(
Temptation took over and I took a BIG sugar cookie :( It is so good. I haven't finished the entire thing though (only 2-bites), so stop me now hurry!!!!

OK, I came back to add ... I had 1/2 and threw the rest away! :) Still feel bad though :( Oh well, back on track w/ my workout tonight and clean eating!

~Jennifer~

Good afternoon gals!

Gayle - First off I have to say -- you are doing AWESOME. I love that you just get up and get it done in the mornings. You are motivation to us all. Of course, for all these mornings that I hit the snooze, I then have to work out at night knowing that I want to chat with you and want to have done SOMETHING as far as working out. So, thanks for the motivation!

Heidi - I LOVE coremax 3. That's the one with the medicine ball right? Man, that gets my stomach every time. It is so nice that you have a friend to work out with. I think that is why it is so easy for me to stop doing a video in the middle -- I'm not accountable to someone who is right there next to me. Boy, a trainer would just hate working me out. :)

Jennifer - Okay, go home after work and JUST DO IT!! I caved too, had a cupcake after lunch -- ugh, it didn't even taste that good. So, I just did 4DS Kickbox/Legs and core. (and no I didn't get through the entire kickbox section -- I did do the entire leg section though!!) Wow, I'll make sure to keep my kids away from my band -- I LOVE my band!!

Colleen - Hello gal! I am a cardio HATER!! However, the only two cardios that I found that I really like are the original bootcamp and now 4DS bootcamp. Ohhhh, I love Fittv too -- however, other than tivo'ing the Cathe workouts, I pretty much just sit on the coach and watch the other stuff. he he!

Okay - one question not diet, workout, or BFL related. What tv shows do you gals watch? Anything? I know Gayle is my Survivor pal -- what else is there? I have to admit I watch the Biggest Loser - have been hooked from the start. Hey, it actually motivates me!! :)

Later,
Michelle

Gayle - Where were you when the cupcake was staring at me??????? I wish I just would have stepped away. It soooooo wasn't worth it.

Michelle

Hey!! :)

Well today turned into a unscheduled Free Day! BF is making my favorite dinner, tortellini w/ white sauce & Hot Apple Pie for dessert :9
Even though I LOVE my Sunday free days..I figured I messed up today already, I mine as well finish it off. I know bad thinking on my part. Next week's free day is going to be a long, long time away, but w/ you guys I can hang in their, I promise!

No workout tonight, didn't feel I would have the strength anyways, back on track tomorrow w/ PUB!

Michelle~ I don't watch much TV, but I do like to watch Biggest Loser, I was actually a little upset to see Neil go last night. Other than that, my DD and I like to veg and watch Lifetime over the weekends! :)

Gayle~ Well, one cookie wasn't bad!! But, I did than have 1 tiny bite of a brownie. My EFL book came in...WOOHOO :)

~Jennifer~

Jennifer - I think you are doing the right thing by just turning today into your free day. You HAVE to eat what your BF cooks, right?? :)

You ladies sure have made me feel good today: now I know I'm not the only one watching the Biggest Loser and I'm not the only one who doesn't always make it through Cathe's entire workout!! he he (That's why I love Fittv, they are reduced versions of her workouts!)

Enjoy EFL!! Believe me, you'll feel like every day is a cheat day with those recipes!

Michelle

Hi Ladies~

Ok, I had dinner, now of course feel sick :(
Cooked up my meals for tomorrow already!

B~Egg/3-Egg whites / lt cheese
S~CC/yogurt
L~Turkey, rice, veggies (turned it into a little stir fry and seasoned it up)...Not the best cook, but I do what I can :)
S~? boiled eggs (2)/orange (??)
D~probably fish, veggies, salad
S~protein shake (sometimes, well most of the time I don't get this in).

Does this look okay?

~Jennifer~

Hi,

Just checking in again to see what all the buzz is about.

Jennifer: You are doing the right thing...Take a load off and relax. :) That sweet tooth gets me every now and then too! Enjoy your dinner.

Michelle: Most of the shows I watch are DH's. I don't watch tv during the day because I am too busy. I would rather be out running or doing something with the kids then sit in front of the TV. Last night was Uno and connect four with my boys. We had a lot of fun. :)

My friend is currently playing connect four with my DS who is 12. I am cooking dinner for all of us. My DH had to go back to work for awhile but should be back around 7ish for dinner and maybe a movie.

I hope everyone has a great night! BBT:7

Hi ladies. QUICK post...taking the kids to bed SOON!

Cupcakes, cookies. It happens, gals! Forget it. Tomorrow's a NEW DAY!

Broken bands....mine has broken twice, once on each end. This morning, I was using the SHORT version of what's left for the leg presses in GS Legs! LOL Makes for LOTS of tension! I borrowed my friend's stability ball for abs tomorrow, until I can buy a new one.

Michelle-thanks for that vote of positive feedback!

YOU LADIES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't all that hungry yesterday, but today I AM! LOL
I'm starting to make my Free Day list of fun stuff I want to eat NOW! LOL

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.