BFL for Thu Mar 06th 2008

Hello and back from lunch,

I finished my workout and rushed to get dressed to have lunch with DH.

Belinda: Glad to hear that you were able to get another player. About a month ago my DH broke down and went out and bought one for me too. We had several free ones given to us from DirectTv and they would only last about a month before they would give out.

Amelia: Everything in moderation right? It is tough to run when your lungs are congested or your sinuses for that matter. You must be able to breath easily with this sort of exercise.

Lainie: Sooo how was your workout? Did you get it in? Even though I was up late and feeling pretty worn out this morning I made myself get down cellar and at least start. After the first 5 min. I was ready to keep going. Nap later if your feeling wiped out instead. :D

Well here it is...my breakdown on my weights attempted for the first go on 4DS Lower body pre.

Squats warm-up: 1X20
Heels Raised: 1X25
Deadlifts: 2X15
Plie Squats: 1X20
Leg Press: 14" 2X10
Low Plane Lunges: 2X10 (totally new!)
Leg Press/outer thigh lifts: 1X10 2.5ankle weights (was fun)
Outer thigh w/band (different move)
squats: 1X30
Calves: OH YA! FELT THE BURN!}(

Walked it out before starting iTread #17.
iTread #17 40min.: miles 3.54 calories burned 425
KM core and stretch

A really nice workout overall.:D Will need to go up in my weights however. I didn't want to go really heavy not knowing what the workout was going to be like.

Going to make some bread now. BBL Heidi Have a great afternoon.

Yep, Heidi, I did do my workout, though it was tough with Ewan running around underfoot. I did the first half of Amy Bento's Hi-Lo Dome Challenge. It's the first time I tried that one (though I've had it for ages) and I actually enjoyed it (I am usually not a fan of hi-lo but I'd preordered that one anyway). Woo-hoo! Glad I got up off my heinie finally. Tomorrow I have to figure out if I'm ready to do some weighted lower body work with these knees.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Hi Lainie,

Great job in getting to your workout!!!:) :) :)
How does your PT feel about your doing weight work right now? Always a good idea to check with your doc first. He/she might have some great strength building exercises for your knees that you can safely start off with.

Time to run out to DS from school. BBL Heidi

I'm back from sulking about those 4#'s...thanks for the uplifting comments. I took the scale AWAY to time-out. I will no longer weigh except for weekly weigh-ins for BFL. I will determine my progress by how I feel and how the clothes fit. I took my friend to run errands today and we stopped off at Macy's. They already have their bathing suits out! Talk about motivation! Then we went to K&W cafeteria...needless to say I had the vegetable plate!

Heidi, I ended up doing iTread 1, it was good. How was #17? I have a couple of credits...

Melissa, I took your advice and stored that bad boy! Good job on punishing yourself for the 2 cookies! I do that too! ;)

Amelia, hope that nastiness in your chest cuts loose soon! The weather is warming & spring will be here soon!

Belinda, I'm hoping my weight comes back off like yours did!

Lainie, great job on your workout!! Half the battle is starting! Still sending those vibes to DH...BUY THE BIKE...BUY THE BIKE...BUY THE BIKE

Good job on giving the scale a time-out Stephanie!

Alright, I have a confession to make. Technically confession #2 if you count my GS cookie "incident" last night. I am losing my momentum, I think. I don't know if momentum is the right word or not, but I keep thinking about bad food. I just finished eating dinner (salad w/tuna instead of chicken & brown rice) and as soon as I was finished I said to DH "I really want a donut and a coffee". It seems like this is happening more and more often lately. Maybe I'm just tired.

For the past 9 weeks I haven't really been tempted by anything or have even given "bad food" a thought, but this week it's constantly on my mind. I feel like I'm really struggling all of a sudden. It's not as easy as it was in the beginning. Hopefully this is a temporary thing.

Melissa, just think, you are in week 9! You are soooo close, can't you taste it? Have you had any free days? How about finding a new healthy snack to try or a new recipe? Go for a walk when the urge hits, do a stretch DVD or an ab workout! Just imagine if you eat that donut how many crunches you'll have to do. }( This too shall pass! Hang in there girl! We're here for ya! ;-)

Hi,

Melissa: I was sort of feeling the same way when my workouts were just not getting done. To conquer that sweet tooth thing I made that choc. mousse pudding...boy that is good. It makes only two servings though. ;-) I made this the other day and my daughter took off with one of them! She really liked it.

Tell you a funny story...DD was telling me her dream she had last night. She spent all night dreaming that she was eating bags and bags of candy of all sorts. She woke up around 4am and found she couldn't move her jaw. I guess she was eating in her sleep! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!:D
I am thinking this has something to do with her watching BL with me the other night where they went to the vending machine to win money or -1# ticket and they had to eat what ever came out. Ouch! That is a horrible thing to do to somebody trying to lose weight don't you think?

Dinner tonight went well.
I made the turkey meatloaf and DH loved it! Ya!! Add yet another recipe that is good for him that he will actually eat next time around. :7

Stephanie: I liked the iTread #17 45 min workout. It is another one with great hills (if you are working your legs that day) with intervals on them. Highest speeds: Runner 8-8.5, Jogger 7-7.5 and walkers up to about 4.9. The last five minutes was a stretch. So you are working for 40min tops.
Which iTread did you do today out of the Set 1 group?
Are you a walker,jogger or runner on this one?

Me...depends on my energy level. I am between a jogger/runner on most days.

Well...time for bed. I am totally wiped out! See you at the gym tomorrow. Have a great night! Heidi

Thanks Stephanie. I didn't go get a donut, but I do still want one. I ended up doing Imax 2 like I had planned. AND I did 2 sets of 12 push-ups like I told you I would! Darn GS cookies. They definetly weren't worth 2 sets of push-ups. And you're right, I don't even want to know what I would have to do to work off a donut!

I have this overwhelming feeling that I need a break. And the more I think about it, I don't think it's that I need a break from eating clean or working out (now that would be ridiculous), I feel like I need a break from everything. I found out a few weeks ago that my company is being sold within the next 6 weeks and I think that has ALOT to do with it.

Whew..I feel better. Thanks for listening! Like you had a choice...;-)

ETA: Thanks Heidi! We were posting at the same time. That's funny about your DD's dream. I might have to try that choc mousse pudding.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.