BFL for Thu Jan-31-08

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I have cardio on tap! I sure what I will do??

Kathy**awesome leg workout yesterday! I am still debating whether I should get CC or not?

Sherry** Thanks for the waffle recipe! I will make those this weekend! I hope you enjoyed you PLB yesterday!

Christina** I work out at home and at the gym! I am German! I was born and raised in Bayern (Bavaria)!

Gayle** awesome upper body workout yesterday! WTG on the 31.25s flies! I was struggling with my UB workout yesterday! Thanks for adding floor work from PLB or B&G now to my leg day! LOL! ‘Faux fried’ cabbage sounds really yummy! How do you make it? I love cabbage! Do you own CC?

Melissa** you are right! My arms and legs/ abs are sore! LOL! I am like you I do miss Cathe’s voice! Next week I will add the GS! Your meals look very good! Do you use the frozen edamame? Did you get you LB workout in last night?

Michelle** how are your arms feel after PUB? I do have Power Yoga from Rodney Yee, I haven’t done it get! LOL! Oh, I did get my ab workout in last night!

Heidi**excellent on your 6.28 mil. run yesterday! I am not sure if I will get CC! I don’t know how to figure out my heart rate intensity levels! All I know is put one foot infront of the other! LOL! Which iTrain should I get next? I really like to go back into running/jogwalking for me! LOL! I shouldn’t do sprints more than once a week, right? WOW! On your weight loss! That is great!

Susan** great job on CK! Have fun studying! Happy b-day to your DD today! Hope you have fun!

Have a great workout and day!
Belinda

Good morning Belinda and all who follow!

I did get my LBWO in last night. Inspired by all of you heavier lifters, I did PLB and pushed my max to 40 pounds on squats and lunges. While the weight work was great, the stability ball work did not happen - no juice left by then.

This morning was cardio. I did Kickbox to loosen up the legs. Ready to roll now.

Just a couple of waffle notes:
-the protein pancake recipe does NOT work in a waffle maker, at least not my Belgian waffle maker
-the protein waffle recipe is drier than the pancakes, so you definitely need some fruit on top

Today's post is quick - probably be tomorrow when I check back in.

Sending out lots of sweat and clean eating vibes!

Good morning, ladies.

Sherry-ok, now I'm confused. lol Your protein waffles....what do you do with the batter, if you don't put it in a waffle iron? GREAT JOB, too, on pushing the limit on PLB. There are days that I find that the floor work is just too much, especially if you use heavy weights on the first section! GREAT JOB!

Belinda-fried cabbage is something I ate as a kid, so I have fond memories of it. My mom makes it by shredding it finely, then frying it in oil and then adding boiled pasta noddles. But I have lightened it up and use just non-stick cooking spray, and I don't add the noodles. If the cabbage starts to stick, I just add a bit of water and put the lid over it for all that moisture! I also don't shred it too finely. I just chop it with a knife. I eat it just as a veggie side dish. YUMMO! As for CC, I only have the Press Play. I just like the iTreads better, because I do really well when somebody tells me what speed/incline to do (and then I like to challenge that number and go higher/faster, lol).

OK, as for me. This morning's workout was iTread 13, part of iTread 26, and abs from Boot Camp (the original boot camp...I LOVE these abs).

I've got lower body on tap for tomorrow and I'm planning on doing my heavy BFL work that I posted the other day, plus B&G floor work. Anybody wanna match that? LOL

My younger sis is coming in from N Carolina today. She's home till Sunday to see our older sis's new baby (who is just adorable, by the way). I'm focussing on getting to Sunday. WHen sis is home, she and my mom just want to eat out all the time (my younger sis is overweight, quite). So last night I already asked mom if I could cook dinner for the whole family Friday night. I suggested a pot roast (YUM) and veggies.

I've also decided that I need to rethink Free Day in a BIG WAY. After last week's cold and run-over-by-the-wagon incident, I realized I was starting to think of food in the wrong way again. That tends to happen after a while. Usually, I cook/prep on Sunday for the week, and then that food is gone by Sunday. But what I'd like to start doing it cooking on Sunday like normal, then doing it again mid-week so that I have clean eats to carry into Sunday. I still plan on a few splurges on Sunday, but not all day, all you can eat! HA!

Oh, and that reminds me. Last night I made my Tuna Macaroni Salad (the recipe that's in my BFL recipe document) with cans of salmon instead of tune, just to try it out. YUMMY! Also, the Turkey Black Bean Chili...it freezes and reheats PERFECTLY! I froze all of it last week and I've been heating it straight from the freezer to eat.

OK...time to shower. I'll BBL after the school bus!

Gayle

Good morning!

I'm just got off my elliptical. I sure wish it was warmer outside so I could start running! (I just can't go out there when it is cold like some of you gals!)

I had a sleepless night last night. DH is out of town. I put the kiddos down at 8:30 and I went to bed at 10:00. I was totally asleep when at 11:00 I heard pounding on the stairs like someone running. (All of our bedrooms are upstairs). Then I heard beep, beep, beep, (which is our alarm when one of the doors has been opened) I jumped out of bed, reached in my purse to grab my pepper spray -- however, I was reaching in the wrong pocket as it was pitch black and I didn't have my glasses on. Then the actual house alarm started blaring. I heard my son holler out. I didn't even think twice I was down the stairs in a second. I found my 10 year old son in the garage trying to open the car door - totally unware as he was sleepwalking. Oh my gosh!! Well, obviously doing all this Cathe has made be believe I have super human strength and can fight off anything, even without my pepper spray!!

Anyway, I didn't sleep at all -- but when 4:30 hit -- I knew there were NO excuses -- not even lack of sleep. However, I do feel like I got my HIIT in last night running down those stairs -- I don't think my heart has EVER beaten that fast!

Okay, gotta get to work --

Belinda - nope I still didn't get my ab workout in. My arms are feeling fine after PUB - I think I may need to go up in weights. (Who said that???)

Sherry - (whispering) I don't always do the ball workout in PLB either. ;-)

Michelle

Gayle - Have fun with your sis! (Hey, wait I thought I was your lil' sis!!) (pouts!!) If you have to, do what I did last week - eat before you go out to a restaurant with them -- and then just enjoy their company -- all while wearing your SKINNY jeans!! :)

Okay, you must watch Racheal Ray too -- seeing you used her term "yummo". Well, I'm making that chicken recipe of hers that she submitted to the olympic athletes on Friday when my DH returns. You know, I'm starting to feel like an "athlete" myself -- so why not?!

However, I do have to tell you -- don't get freaked out tomorrow if you look behind you and even though your shadow will be there -- she might be do a different workout than you! har har har!!

Michelle

Morning All,

I wasn't able to post yesterday, but my w/o was S/H chest and back. Next week I start the GS series,can't wait. S/H is wearing me out and I'm soooo sore!

Today is cardio, probably IMAX2. The whole thing}(

Well, the dentist confirmed that antiobiotics my son is taking is staining his teeth. It took them over an hour just to clean them! But the good news is they are sparkling clean again. He is weaning off the meds so hopefully this won;t happen again. The small holes in his front teeth are defects in the enamel that have always been there but never noticed until the staining.

Michelle - How scary to hear footsteps in the night and the alarm. My son used to sleep walk all the time and it scared the heck out of us. He is 15 now and it has been 3 years since his last episode. I used to not let him sleep at friends houses because of it.

Gayle - I'm making the Albacore Tuna Casserole tonight. Is that the same one you made? The kids are loving the new way of eating. I cook all the time now.

Belinda - Great work on the heavy weights you have been doing. How about doing IMAX2 with me today!!

Hello Sherry and everyone that follows

Carolyn

Good morning everyone! Quick post before I get DD up for school.

Belinda - yes, I use frozen edamame. Every week I boil about a cup of it to put in my salads. I did end up getting a heavy LB workout in last night. DH was nice enough to help out!

Sherry - good job on PLB! Hopefully we'll both have some good DOMS today!

Gayle - you must be excited that your little sis is coming! Smart move offering to cook dinner. I bought all of the ingredients for the Turkey Black Bean Chili last night. I might even make it tonight so that I'm not overloaded with cooking on Sunday.

Michelle - that is SO SCARY. You must have been petrified. Did you know that you DS is a sleepwalker or has he done this before? My DD sleepwalks once in a great while and it's scary.

Carolyn - have fun with Imax 2!

BBL

Michelle-HOLY COW! How freaky was last night’s experience???? I HATE being in the house alone with the kids at night. Every little bing, knock or tick in the house is an intruder waiting to attack me! LOL Has DS walked in his sleep before??? As for tomorrow’s workout…..tell me what YOU have on your plan! And yes…. I watch Rachel Ray. My kids love her!

Melissa-I LOVE the turkey black bean chili. I’ve got 2 (maybe 3) small dishes left in the freezer.

Carolyn-here is the recipe I’m talking about:
Tuna Macaroni Salad
1 ½ C elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 lb. pkg frozen mixed veggies (cauli, brocc, carrots), thawed
2 (6 oz. @) cans water packed tuna, drained and flaked
4 scallions, sliced
¼ c minced flat-leaf parsley
3 T fat free Italian salad dressing
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 t dried basil
¼ t crushed red pepper flakes

v In a large pot of boiling water, cook the macaroni for 6 minutes, until almost tender. Add the mixed vegetables. Return the water to a boil, then cook until pasta and veggies are just tender, about 1 minute longer. Drain and then rinse under cold running water.
v Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tuna, scallions, parsley, salad dressing, vinegar, basil and pepper flakes. Add the pasta and veggies. Toss well. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least 2 hours.

Note:
· I have substituted canned salmon for the tuna, and it turns out just as well!

Numbers: 291 calories, 1g total fat, 32mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 39g carbs, 4g fiber, 30g protein, 75mg calcium
Makes 4 servings, 5 WW points each

Original Source: Weight Watchers: Simply the Best

Last night, I went thru my recipe box and marked all the ones that are BFL-friendly and I’m going to start making a few new things. I promise to share recipes as I hit good ones! I LOVE TO COOK!

Gayle

Hi Ladies,
Cardio today..going to be late though. AFter I take dd to school I need to hit WM to get a few things for her party this afternoon.

Gayle. I think Sherry was meaning that the protein pancake recipe wouldnt work in a waffle iron like ther protein waffle recipe.

Michell..bless your heart. That would of spooked me big time. My night wasnt that exciting, but I did not sleep at all. I keep trying to remember osmosis, diffusion, and active transprot..I could not get it out of my mind

Hi Belinda and Caroylyn and Melissa.
BBL

Good Morning Ladies! :)

Just checking in while my DS is getting ready for school.

Belinda: So...have you decided what cardio you are going to do today?
What iTreads do you have now?
If you did a step interval and then Rodney's workout this would be a good mix to loosen up with. ;-)

Boy was I feeling my workout last night! Maybe squeezing in my missed cardio with upper wasn't so good. ;-) Or maybe just too many miles. I was walking funny all last night. :D

Sherry: Good for you for getting in your LBWO. :7 Great job on the 40# squats too.
Soooo How do you cook the waffles now?

Gayle: Love those ab workouts! :D iTread 13 is a great workout too. Do you have iTread Set 9?

Have a great time with your sis. At least you can eat-clean. ;-)

Michelle: That is just really scary! I am glad it was just your son...but also that isn't good if he is heading out the door sleepwalking. Is this a new thing?

Have a great workout on your elliptical this morning. }(

Hi Carolyn: Great job on your S/H workout yesterday. :) You might want to consider going down in your weights a bit when you change over to GS if you are really sore from S/H.

Have fun with getting all of Imax 2 in today. This is fun but tough!

Glad to hear that the dentist was able to repair the damage to your DS teeth.

Hi Melissa: Good thing you have your DH to help with getting your BB on your shoulders. ;-) Good Job in getting your workout done last night.

Hi Susan...be back to read your post. :)

Well...time to run. BBL Heidi :7

Hi girls,

I just finshed Hardcore Extreme High/LOw intervals! This is a killer workout! I am wiped

Off to the shower! BBL!

Belinda

Hi back from dropping off DS.

Belinda: Wow that is a tough workout! Great job! }(

Hi Susan: Ahhg, isn't that awful when you can't sleep because of stupid school stuff running through your head!? I hope you can get a catnap in later so you will have energy to do your workout later.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DAUGHTER! :+ How old now?

Have a great day everyone...BBL after my workout. Heidi :7

Susan-THANK YOU! I read it all wrong...now I got the protein waffle idea! LOL

Heidi-I don't think I have set 9. (ETAa: OH, never mind...I just checked and I DO have set 9 lol)And....could you use a few more :) :) :) :) in your posts? LOL I LOVE IT!

Headed out the door for my walk to school/work and back. Sis should be home somewhere around 2pm, just in time to surprise the boys at the bus (which they LOVE).

BBL to chat some.

Gayle

Morning! Wow, you girls have been super busy chatting this morning! I got up and ran 6 miles using Cardio Coach Volume 6 (with Candace). I just love this CC, Candace’s voice is a nice break from Grace and I feel like she’s just as motivating (but I still love my iTreads). I kept the speeds down so it was more of a tempo run than intervals. I need to start slowing my long runs down now too (after 10 miles it gets tough to keep up a fast pace….it wipes me out and I’m exhausted all weekend).

I was previewing P90X+ Intervals and Abs & Core this morning (I bought it off the swapmeet at the YaYa’s website). I really liked what I saw, Tony has definitely taken it to the next level with this one. The intervals are tough and progress so you never really have “down” time. The Abs & Core looks like a GREAT mix of abs exercises. He uses the pull up bar a few times so I think I’ll give it a try tomorrow after upper body (when I have it out anyway). I’ll let you all know what I think.

Belinda – I say try a couple of Cardio Coaches. What I do is just make note of what each speed on the treadmill feels like when I’m doing iTreads. After you do CC’s a few times, you become more aware of what feels right for you. If you have a heartrate monitor, the Cardio Coach website gives you heartrate zones for each level (1-4) so you can judge it that way, too. I would highly recommend these three….Revised Volume 2 (a nice shorter workout)….Press Play (a VERY motivating workout that can be broken up)….Volume 6 with Candace (motivating and shorter intervals). HTH.

Sherry – If I still have my waffle maker (I may have tossed it in the move, argh), I’m going to make your waffles this weekend. Thanks again!

Gayle – Great workout, iTread 26 is such a great tempo run! I’m telling you….we’re thinking along the same lines, lol. I was just mentally going through all of Cathe’s ab workouts yesterday and thought to myself “man, I need to pull out the Bootcamp premix.” I hope you enjoy your family time this weekend. It’s funny how we all equate family with food, huh? When we go home to Colorado it’s all about eating at our favorite restaurants and his sisters cooking our favorite dishes, lol.

Michelle – Just reading your post made my heart beat faster!!! Wow, does your son sleepwalk often? That would scare the pants off me too!

Carolyn – I’m glad the dentist visit went well. My youngest son (who is almost 17) has had his share of dental problems. His baby teeth were horrible! They ended up taking a few out when he was 5 yrs. old and filling several. I always felt like this horrible mother even though I did everything I could to prevent it. He’s already had a couple of fillings (one on a front tooth) and he seems to have been cursed with my teeth. I think our enamel is just not as hard and we get cavities very easy. I agree, take the weights down a bit if they’re exhausting you. You’ll love the GS series next week.

Melissa – The human squat rack came though again (what a nice hubby you have!) I’ve only eaten edamame in McDonald’s Asian salads, I may have to buy some for home. How do you cook it?

Susan – I have to make a trip to Wally World myself. Is your’s a madhouse at all times? I dread it, lol. Enjoy your cardio!

Heidi – I wanted to say congrats on your weightloss so far! Great run yesterday, I actually love that worked over feeling, lol.

Hi to all those that follow.

Kathy

Hi Kathy - Yes, the human squat rack came through again! I squatted my heaviest last night so he had to stand there the whole time. He's a keeper! I just boil the edamame in water for about 5 minutes, then let it drain and cool. I've only used it in salads so far.

Off to eat my quiche and sweet potato! BBL

Hi back again,

Finished my workout. YES!

I did the LIS w/ 8" step and stretch
followed by CW abs and stretch.

Really felt good to have an extra stretch in there.

Ok Gayle...You see...no smilies ...I love them anyway. :p
You'll have to give set 9 a workout on Saturday or on your long run day. I like how it is put together with 10min of steady running on a slight hill and then a sprint. This is repeated 4 times.

Hi Kathy: Thanks for the info on the cc's. I do have a heartrate monitor...also one that goes with my treadmill. I will check this out to see what the heartrate should be at (approx.) for the different zones.

Oh..thanks Kathy and Belinda..I am so happy to be headed back to my pre-construction weight!

Great job on your run. Do you usually do six miles everytime you run or just on the cardio days...tues/thurs and sat.?

Well...off to the shower. Need to drop off DD at the trainstation for school. Yup..back to college as of yesterday. No break after her month long vacation in the Caymans.

Thanks everyone for cheering me on to keep up with my workouts. When I looked back on my workouts for Nov and Dec I was really doing well until DH had his surgery. It all went downhill from there. Now that he is back on track I can too.

BBL Heidi

Kathy-great run!!! Sometimes, I do the BC abs premix twice (but not today, lol).

Heidi-ok, then!!! Set 9 it is next time around! Thanks!

Well, work/school was interesting. As I walked to school (it’s about a mile one way), I started passing THRONGS of the high school kids headed toward the Middle School. I stopped and asked a teacher and he told me there was a written bomb threat and that the HS kids were getting evacuated to the ES and the MS. So, I walk into the cafeteria at the ES and see 100 HS kids! LOL We ended up having all the ES kids get their lunches and take them back to their classes. Interesting. Never a dull moment in a school, hugh?

Gayle

Gayle - I did bulgarian squats last night....OUCHIE!!! I had a really hard time finding a good height for my back leg, but once I found it, I knew it right away! I also added in a set of front squats with heels up on a 2x4. Probably the toughest leg workout I've done yet.

Nothing like a bomb threat to shake up the day, right?!? My DD's school is next to the HS and at the end of the school year last year, they were having them 2x a week. I always wonder if they catch the ones that make the threats?! And I wonder what their punishment would be?

Hi Gals -

You are all kicking butt with your workouts as usual!
Today I was feeling pretty run down after 3 days back exercising again. After briefly worrying that I was being lazy, I decided that should listen to my body and just stretch today - so I did Stretch Max and that was it.

I have eaten clean for almost 4 days now - and that is going well. It's funny - you think the meals are going to be boring, but actually they are quite tasty! And easy to prepare.

If I complete one month on this program, I promised myself a gym membership, so will be able to do some of those itrain workouts you've been talking about. Right now I am just working with the DVDs I have and some shows I've Tivo'd.

I hope you all have a great day - no more bomb scares or things that go bump in the night!

Christina

Have a few minutes to stop by between finishing one thing with DD and picking up DS from another.

Glutes are feeling last night's workout. Guess I sat too much today.

Waffles - let me clarify - the protein waffle recipe works great in the waffle maker. The protein pancake recipe doesn't cook right in my waffle maker, so make pancakes only with the pancake batter. Does that make sense now?

Waiting for the snow to fall. 3-5 inches overnight and another 4-6 during the day. Kids are counting on a snow day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.